[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: s38yg-sbaw-sel-201509_GEO_US.jpg (53 KB, 664x784) Image search: [Google]
s38yg-sbaw-sel-201509_GEO_US.jpg
53 KB, 664x784
Will the next one be round?
>>
>>51229711
Round displays are pretty stupid for displaying content though. But I don't care about smartwatches at all. Probably one of the stupidest "innovations" in tech lately. Completely forced and useless.
>>
>>51229711
They'll spend almost all their effort increasing the battery life for the next model.
>>
>>51229711
I'm already wearing a watch in this shape only in a mechanical form but I think it was a good decision from Apple to choose this type of display over a round one because: >>51229754 and people really seemed to like the shuffle as a watch as well, which has the same shape.
>>
>>51229819
What kind of mechanical watch u got m8?
>>
>>51229826
It's a patek got it as a gift from my parents years ago and have been using it ever since
>>
>>51229754
the 1st gen moto 360 displays the same amount of content as the large apple watch when the 360 is displaying square content, the rounded edges just add more screen
>>
>>51229754
I actually use mine. Granted I could have lived without it, though it does make it easier to respond to shit while I am busy.
Moto 360 and the round display does fine. Most of the content is minimal anyway or scrollable.
>>
If only they could make something like the Rufus cuff, except more like a pipboy and actually stylish.
>>
>>51229975
>It's a Seiko

FTFY
>>
>>51230192
It's actually a 99 white gold gondolo
Jelly much
>>
>>51230005
Yeah, but the Moto360 is also way too big and looks like shit. It might look good in pictures without context, but on a wrist it looks goofy as hell.
>>
>>51229819
>>51229754
I don't see this argument holding up personally, mainly because I don't see a future for the electronic watches as anything more than a way to receive notifications and make payments.

The idea people will tap around on their watch is fucking stupid, but if at a glance they can swipe around to get an update from some apps, a news headline, read a text, that's fine.

Finally, if UI / UX designers are building with a circular display in mind they'll make it work. In fact, most of the Apple UI would work on a circular display as is.
>>
>>51230440
Wouldn't you agree that a headline like you mentioned, fits better on a display like the Apple watch has?
It just makes it easier to read but I wouldn't be surprised if Apple released a round watch as well in the future they need to differentiate somehow.
Although I think this current watch fits in with the way the Iphone 6 is styled so I'm not too sure if the round watch is gonna happen.
>>
File: SWUI.png (243 KB, 1200x534) Image search: [Google]
SWUI.png
243 KB, 1200x534
>>51230440
>Finally, if UI / UX designers are building with a circular display in mind they'll make it work.
The question is how. It's hard to make it look good. The way we display information is very adapted to rectangular media, as we use that for ages.

Pic related, a shitty illustration of the problems.
>>
It's a rectangle
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.