[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Phone Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
Need help selecting new phone. I have narrowed it down to a few options:

Nexus 6P

iPhone 6S Plus

S6 Edge+

Note 5

Other high end phones welcome.

Currently I have a GS4, and got into android for the customization and muh specs, but never did root or anything warranty-voiding. I'm not going to root / unlock my next phone, so don't suggest that. Just give me your "humble" opinions on what to get.
>>
>>50831660
Note5 or Nexus 6P.

Get the iphone only if you can't stand android, or you have already invested a lot in the app store.

I personally would choose the note5, the stylus is really good for mobile gaming.
>>
G4
>>
Nexus 6p. I am running the HTC One M8 GPe, and I can tell you first hand that AOSP Android is better than anything else I have used. Everything else about that phone is top notch too
>>
>>50831713
>mobile gaming

no.
>>
>>50831832
>no.

>not playing Star wars KOTOR on your phone

whatever suits you man, I have a ps4 controller and I fucking love KOTOR, best RPG and lots of replay value.
>>
File: op2.jpg (136 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
op2.jpg
136 KB, 1200x900
OP2
>>
>>50831713
>>50831723
>>50831773
>>50831832
>>50831859
>>50831929
Mainly considering the 6p or the 6s+ because of the lightning fast fingerprint sensors. Any reliable camera reviews that compare both?
>>
>>50831660
Nexus 6P or 5X

not even a question. Nexus phones are the only no bullshit android phones.
>>
Nexus 6P or LG G4.
>>
>>50832031
here are some low light comparisons

http://imgur.com/a/dfgLs/
>>
>>50831660
Don't get the 6P unless you want an oven in your pocket.
>>
>>50832031
http://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles/Apple-iPhone-6s-review-Solid-and-compelling-performance
http://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles/Google-Nexus-6P-review-Serious-contender-for-mobile-photography

Nexus 6P gets a better score overall, but they each have their quirks. Note that the first link is for the regular 6S, but it should be the same for the 6S+ because both the 6 and the 6+ got the exact same score as the 6S.

>>50832075
this tbh, can't wait for my 5X to arrive.
>>
>>50832465
is the 810 really that bad?

>>50832495
>>50832431
I'm concerned about the 6p because it doesn't have ois. Is that really a problem? Because if not, that's the only real concern with the phone I have.

Also, hows the battery? I know that it has ~3500mah, but with qhd and 810 how will it last throughout the day?
>>
Axon Pro, Zenfone 2, or sit on my current phone until the next crop of mid range phones like the Galaxy A3/5/9 before making this descision
>>
>>50832586
Well according to Google, it doesn't need OIS because it has much larger pixels and sensor size compared to the Nexus 6. According to the photos I've seen taken with it and the dxomark review, it seems that they're telling the truth. Time will tell for sure though.

As for battery, the two Nexus devices are running 6.0 Marshmallow, which has a new feature called Doze. It should theoretically make the standby times much longer, as long as the phone is not moving. If you're walking or in a moving vehicle, it won't go into Doze mode, and your mileage may vary for screen on time. Nobody has done a battery test on the 6P because it hasn't released yet, so we don't know how good it is.

810 is allegedly fixed in a new revision, compared to the shitty implementation in the HTC One M9. It's unclear whether it is just underclocked like crazy to counteract the heat, or whether they've actually fixed it somehow. The Z5 (810) can record much more 4K video before overheating than the Z3 (801).
>>
>>50832701
Thanks. I will defer my purchase until some better reviews come out that take battery life into account.
>>
The iPhone of course
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.