[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Laptop distro
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: elementary-appcenter.png (769 KB, 1313x898) Image search: [Google]
elementary-appcenter.png
769 KB, 1313x898
Want to install linux distro on laptop and i would like to have atleast simillar battery life like i have on win 10 ( 7-8 hours) and i really like mac OS style so question is if i should install elementary OS or someting arch with xfce and spend whole life customizing

and i would like to have fully working touchpad and trackpad on my thinkpad with touchscreen as well

tldr fag want to have mac OS looking distro with high battery life and working everything

> not gonna buy rMBP
> not gonna install gentoo
>>
>>50823117
>mac OS looking distro with high battery life and working everything
How about Olivia Wilde blowing you while you shitpost? Yeah, also not gonna happen.
>>
>>50823117
Literally any distro will do
>>
>similiar battery life
Impossible, freetards generally lie about it but only with display on the lowest and wifi turned off you can have equal battery life to Windows/OSX
>>
>>50823117
ElementaryOS or Antergos. Depends if you want to use apt or pacman.
>>
>>50823209
what happened to subtle shills?
>>
>>50823117
There is a distro that actually is a 100% copy of OSX, but you will need to donate first. It's called 'elementary OS'.

Oh and you won't get similiar battery life, Linux simply uses more. Why do you think freetards use 9cell batteries and other gimmicks.
>>
>>50823222
what happened to having fair discussions.
Everyone that's not some 'install gentoo' tier teenager will admit GNU/Linux uses more battery.

Too bad this board is filled with underage freetards that simply lie about Linux just to make it look less pathetic.
>>
>>50823117
Haze OS looks similar to OSX. Not sure about the battery life tough.
>>
>>50823222
Nice numbers

Ot: why does anyone need that long of battery life anyways? I have a shitty 2011 thinkpad, battery lasts an hour and a half, two at most, and I never find myself in a situation where I can't charge for that long.
>>
>>50823259
I have no idea as well, I can imagine it's fun to have longer lasting battery but usually this means your processor is being throttled and the battery is soldered on.
>>
>>50823230
i was checking elementary os and kinda like it, but im just not sure how lightweight it is

for example if its gonna drain more or less than mint with cinamon during general use
>>
>>50823303
I guess equally. I've used eOS for a while but it's full of bugs and whatnot. Still looks gorgeous though.

Once again Linux is a server OS and also works on desktops/Laptops but is simply not optimized for this, it will drain more energy.
>>
>>50823313
Ok, thanks.
I was just wondering how is it with elementary os as os, if i wouldn't be better with arch and customize xfce to look simillar ( i mean in terms of drivers, hw support on my thinkpad etc)

i know that elementary os is based on ubuntu, but a bit outdated, but shouldn't be problem right?
>>
Antergos with Gnome. Install Gnome Tweak tool, and Docky or Dash to dock then rice to your liking.
>>
>>50823764
Oh, and make sure to install Linux-Ck, for performance. You will get better performance and a longer battery life.
>>
>>50823259
Try leaving your basement for a change.

>>50823117
>fag
>want to have mac OS looking distro
>high battery life
>working everything
So instead of just getting any macbook, that would fulfil all your needs perfectly, you want a solution that would fail at everything?

If you're that much of a poorfag, get a macbook for 2014.
>>
>>50823117
Download Mint with Xfce or Cinnamon and rice.

Or check if your laptop is hackintosh compatible
>>
>>50823209
Really? Hope nobody takes this idiot seriously

Windows is more resource intensive. On Linux your temps will go down and your battery life will go up.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.