[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apple passcode crack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 415x354) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 415x354
Hi /g/

I'm hoping to get my hands on some mobile device forensics software, such as blacklight or lantern 4. I understand how dangerous this kind of software can be when I'm the wrong hands so I can see why someone who has gained access to it wouldn't want to share it. I'm just hoping to restore data from a device with a broken screen, the screen cannot be replaced as it will void the warranty of the device.

Alternatively if you have another idea for restoring the data on such a device let me know.

Cheers!
>>
if the screen is broken and the warranty wont cover it, there is literally no reason to just tear it apart and replace the screen. nice try though, i will give you credit for putting a new spin on the 'how do i bypass icloud' thread
>>
The device has already been replaced under warranty, well a new device was given to the owner and it was requested that the old device be sent back. I was hoping to restore the data for the owner before they have to send it back... Absolutely no malicious intent here.
>>
give the phone back jamal
>>
>>50801869
Let the actual owner connect to the internets and log into iCloud on their new device and download their private data.

YOU don't need to do a thing... isn't that simple, Tyrone?
>>
>>50801808
>test
>>
So all of their photos should be backed up on icloud? I'm an android user and hardly ever use Apple devices. He has received his new phone, I'll check with him to make sure he has logged into it and checked to make sure the photos aren't there. He was on an international trip when he broke it so it's likely he didn't have internet access and therefore the photos never made it to the cloud, but I may be wrong.
>>
>>50802022
Stop stealing phones Dekwon
>>
I just mentioned the iCloud backup to him and he said he never used it. So that's a no go :(

Out of interest is it a free service for iPhone users? I know you can backup your android photos to Google photos but you have to pay for storage which sucks...
>>
>>50802354
just plug the fucking phone in, it doesnt need interaction with the screen to backup to itunes
>>
>>50802387
Need to unlock then click trust
>>
>>50802426
if the person never connected that phone to itunes for any reason, that does nothing but further show you need to me more creative with your answers for people to believe

so tell me this, why doesnt he just take the phone to his cell phone store or to an apple store? they would be able to move the data.

dont bother responding unless you have an answer that is believable
>>
He has taken the phone to the local Apple store in our town. They said They can't do anything to backup the Data, which is probably bullshit on their part, I actually worked there for a couple of weeks so I know hopeless they are.

And yeah as far as I'm aware he needs a passcode before iTunes will allow access to the phone, hence the need for the software.

Trust me I'm not creative enough to think up a story like this haha
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.