[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this still the best version of android?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: android-4.4-teaser-big.jpg (23 KB, 635x403) Image search: [Google]
android-4.4-teaser-big.jpg
23 KB, 635x403
Is this still the best version of android?
>>
Still on 4.4.4 here.
Superior battery life compared to Lollipop.
>>
yes
i also think stock lollipop looks like shit compared to kitkat
staying with touchshiz
>>
>>50793529
>>50793612
>>50793633
ITT: victims of the chinkphone scam and poor people
>>
>>50793529
Lolipop is ugly af tbh fam
All memes aside kitkat looks nice while lolipop looks like a chink iPhone clone
>>
I'm still using 4.4.4 on my nexus 5 here
>great battery life compared to LP
>hate material design
>holo darkness is not blinding, unlike LP menus
>animations do not feel so slow
>still have tons of xposed tweaks

Once some cool 6.0 roms start to pop out, i'll try it out
>>
I know it's a meme, but I just love material design. Those fucking animations have spoiled me. I bought a 3900mAh battery and a 2600mAh battery bank to combat the battery issues.
>>
>>50793762
Give it a try regardless, rooted stock android does not differ that much from most roms, and the battery is a lot better.
>>
>>50793708
>ITT: victims of the chinkphone scam and poor people

Yep that's me
>>
i went from 2.3 to 5.1, haven't used 4.x at all
is this bad?
>>
>>50793529
Yes but faglord Google won't backport stagefright patches, so either you have an insecure piece of shit or you use Lollipop
>>
>>50793866
You sure had a blast from the shiny new interface didn't you?
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-10-13-19-38-15.png (40 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-10-13-19-38-15.png
40 KB, 720x1280
Yes.

Using Xperia T3 with 4.4.4. Would love to have the newer more AOSP xperia ROM (if its even possible for 4.4.4) Any single time I've used 5.0, its been ugly and drains battery like its nobodies business.

I think 4.4.4's visual style was better, especially if they continued with something like CM's calculator, its simple and "flat", but the buttons look like you can actually press them.
>>
>>50793917
i also went from 240x320 to 1080x1920
so yea
>>
>>50793959
Damn, you're lucky

I went from 320x480 to 480x854; and I bought my new phone two months ago.

At least the battery life is somewhat decent. I can use it for two days while often playing games and browsing.
>>
>>50794674
i got this one a couple months ago as well, a second hand S4 (which i paid only AU$130 for)

it's a bit overkill, but the price was good. i can see myself using this for a good few years
>>
>>50793708
My phone is the lg g4.
>>
I'm still at ICS. Is there a reason for me to upgrade?
>>
Seriously? Yes. I couldn't keep it unfortunately because kitkat had a problem with stack corruption for the IR blaster so it only worked intermittently on my variant and this issue is widespread. And I have a tricell extended battery. Eh, I got 5.1.1 with a kernel that's specific ally tailored for the extended battery. Performance is better than on kitkat, assessed by geekbench and antutu. Surprisingly, the stock kernel on 5.1.1 by default supports a higher clock frequency for big and little by 200Mhz. I lost that with the new/custom kernel but I wasn't overclocking anyway.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.