[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/ need some quick advice. I have a small B&B and need
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 61Ctv8uFwTL._SX425_.jpg (12 KB, 425x287) Image search: [Google]
61Ctv8uFwTL._SX425_.jpg
12 KB, 425x287
Hey /g/ need some quick advice.
I have a small B&B and need a router that can have about 25/35 devices connected to it and decent-ish range. I have shitty 10 mb/s internet so high speed doesnt matter.
I'm currently using some shitty never heard of brand router provided by my isp, so a lot of devices have trouble connecting.
I was looking at a TP-LINK Archer C2 (pic related), what router would you guys recommend?
>>
>>50771231
C7 with OpenWRT.
>>
>>50771257
What exact one do you use? I see there seems to be a lot of options. I've never run openwrt.
>>
>>50771308
Just said
http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/cat-9_Archer-C7.html
Use it with openWRT configure it well enough and you will have a stable enough and relatively fast network for all those devices.
>>
>>50771322
I meant which openwrt firmware. I see there's things like gargoyle and a bunch of other firmwares which are based off of openwrt. I'm not op btw, but I have a c7 on the way.
>>
>>50771322
OP here, shit at networking, this router works a modem right? Or do I just disable wifi on my original router/modem and plug this thing into an ethernet port as a bridge?

Also, is openWRT worth the trouble? I've seen it used in the past and been quite impressed with it but I don't know if I'll use all the features
>>
Take a look at Mikrotik RB2011UiAS-2HnD-IN
>>
>>50771322
>>50771373
Also holy shit that advert video on the amazon page was cringy as fuck, looks like a good router though
>>
>>50771373
Its just a router albeit there is a C7 Modem Version that costs 200$ and I have no ideia if that one can be installed OpenWRT.

>>50771343
I stock one provided by the wiki page.
>>50771411
It's a good Router, company makes el cheapo devices at good markups but damm they chinese as shit nigga.
>>
>>50771231
you don't really need a powerful wifi router. just get a bunch of cheapie ones, put them in different areas in your house that have a weak signal then hook them up via ethernet cable (using the lan ports not the wan port) to your current router then turn off the routing/dhcp on those cheapie routers so you end up with a bunch of access points. give them all the same ssid and password so the users will connect to the strongest one and not need to enter any new info to connect.
>>
>>50771622
Currently doing that with wifi repeaters, fucks up things like our chromecast
>>
Don't go with consumer routers, get something a bit more professional.
Get a Mikrotik or Ubiquiti router and 2 or 3 access points, distributed across the building.
Anything with custom firmwares and repeaters all over the place gets messy and will break easily.
If you can afford it, go with Ruckus (or Aruba).
Don't cheap out on equipment.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.