[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A VN project.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: vlcsnap-00137.png (369 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-00137.png
369 KB, 640x360
Hello anons.I am making a VN,but it would be great if I could get any of your cooperation so I made this repo for it:
https://github.com/bluedragon77/Burn-the-bridges

I am also using this as a sort of roundabout way to learn python(I already know some other languages decently).

Here is a very short rundown of what I plan for it:
The first chapter would be to get to know the 2 main characters(one being female the other male). After that the player would decide with which one to play(with slight hints to a backstory). The second one would be the introduction of the various different clubs.Each club would be a route for a different character,and the found your own club route would end up with the two characters ending up with each other.So far I am thinking about a computer club,historical fencing,literature and 2 or 3 more routes/clubs.I would maybe even split those into subroutes?Out of all the endings I would want to have at least one or two shoujo ai endings.I could also be talked into making shounen ai endings(especially if a team member would write those instead of me).
Although I could be talked into making it an actual ecchi or hentai game I did not plan to do that for this game.This game would have been kissing and cuddling at the most with sex maybe hinted at.
As you may have noticed I would prefer to make a visual novel that would not have a marathon huge story but would have loads of choices for the explorers.(So you could finish it in about a day,but you could explore it for weeks.) Both the characters would start of with kind of vigilante personalities.The game would have good bad and "troll" endings.

Regardless of whether or not you would want to help,what do you think of the project?
>>
VN are 90% graphic design, 8% storyline/paths, 2% coding
>>
>So you could finish it in about a day,but you could explore it for weeks

Protip: exploring the same place over and over with small changes is boring as hell.
>>
>>47834446
I hope this is bait.

In case it isn't, you're a fucking failure who can't write or draw. Nobody wants to play your fanfiction tier masturbatory bullshit that looks like it was drawn by a 5 year old. This is all assuming you actually have the motivation to finish the project, which almost never happens.
>>
>>47834528
>fanfiction
I don't think that means what you think it means
>>
>>47834528
WOW
If there was one post I could point to to explain how projection looks like, this would be it

Who hurt your feelings, buddy?
>>
You are not going to get someone who will draw your story for free.
>>
>>47834490
>>47834528
I forgot to mention all the graphics are placeholders.
>>
>>47834446
>vlcsnap
Hope that's part of the bait.
>>
>>47834550
I said fanfiction tier, please learn how to read. Fanfiction has long been the standard of terrible self-published writing.

>>47834577
I was most definitely projecting, in fact, I was doing it intentionally. However, I wasn't projecting myself, I was projecting every single project of this type I have ever seen.

Post one well written paragraph, upload one piece of decent art, one single good BGM, and I will go out, buy a fedora, and post a video of me eating it. But you won't, because you can't. You can't do this because you have no talent, and never will have talent.
>>
>>47834609
yeah,I found one person but she does not seem to have much incentive.
>>
>>47834633
Pay her, you greedy rat.
>>
>>47834630
Katawa shoujo started as a thread on 4chan.
>>
>>47834647
With what?I am broke.
>>
>>47834674
Yes and? That was a legitimate project that had clear vision, and semi-talented people involved. This is "hurr-durr I wanna make one of da chinese slideshows"

You don't put together a team to start a project, you start a project and make a team. An "idea" is nothing but a fantasy until actual work is put in. I'm still waiting for a single legitimate piece of creative work for this.
>>
>>47834728
I hope I will provide you with such.But anyways.Even If I fail I hope this will be a learning experience in python.
>>
>>47834728
Also I already have one of the routes fleshed out,but I don't want to start to work on routes before I finish chapter 1 and at least half of chapter 2 into a workable state.
>>
>>47834785
By all means, post some of your writing. Pastebin or something.
>>
>>47834807
Ugh I see the problem now,that part is still in my head.I gotta fix that.And hope my writing quality will be tolerable.Still I want to continue so far.
>>
>>47834630
You mean go out and find random examples? Because I'm not the OP, I was just calling out that post as the fallacy that it is.

OP made no claims that deserved that reaction.
>>
>>47834728
Katawa Shoujo is still pretty cringeworthy
>>
File: OP.jpg (13 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
OP.jpg
13 KB, 400x225
OP,why don't you add spaces after your punctuation marks?It makes your sentences harder to read,you stupid faggot.
>>
>>47834867
>and I hope my writing quality will be tolerable.

It won't be, that's the point I'm trying to make.

>>47834880
It isn't a fallacy, because I'm right. If I assume a black person is a thief, and I watch him steal some shit, was I really in the wrong for profliling?

I never suggested you were OP, I suggets you learn how to read. The point of my whole post was that OP has not one single piece of valuable creative work. I obviously do not know this for a fact, hence the projection. However, I have no doubt that I am right. This project will go the way of all the others. If you don't have the resolve to take the project to the end, don't even start.

>>47834887
However, it was actually finished, and was playable, which is more than 99% of all projects.
>>
>>47834953
Why don't you follow my repo then?If I quit your email won't be polluted. :P
>>
>>47834947
Sorry,I am still trying to get used to that,so I forgot about it.
>>
>>47835053
Are you Chinese or something?
>>
>>47835035
I think you have missed my entire point, which is pretty impressive if you consider how many times I've restated it. I have no reason to follow your project, because you have nothing to show. You need to make music, draw BGs, draw characters, and write thousands of lines of dialogue. Until you produce at least some of these, neither I or anyone else will give a single fuck about the future of this project.
>>
>>47835070
Nope, Croatian. Croatian schools simply never teach that. I did not even know people put spaces behind punctuation until I was like 18.

p.s. Yes the Croatian school system sucks all kinds of balls. Many other things in Croatia also suck all kinds of balls. Don't go there unless you plan to unload a lot of cash into our tourism, since that is the only thing we have going for us.
>>
>>47835089
I already have a hundred lines of dialogue. Which I only did with sporadic occasional edits.
Also, in that case why are you investing your time into this thread?
>>
>>47835165
>I already have a hudred lines of dialogue.

Post it on pomf or pastebin, how hard is this to understand?

It doesn't matter why I'm in this thread. If you post what you've written though, I might tell you.
>>
Honestly I don't think it'll work out, especially if you want other people to help. This is your FIRST real project. It'll be shitty. The art will be bad. Your music will suck. You're probably a terrible writer too. Your code will be a total mess.

And you know what? That's completely ok. Work on it by yourself. Blog about it (not here). When you're done or given up, write about what you learned and how'd you'd improve. Draw everyday. Pick up an instrument. Start a new project. Eventually you will git gud.

Nobody cares about your beginner project. But if you keep at it, you might make something truly great. Plus you have shit to put on a CV.
>>
>>47835195
It's all in the repository. Link in the OP post. The file is called script.rpy
>>47835203
I agree, I have a healthy dose of realism about it(I am OP). And all the reasons you mentioned are exactly why I am doing it.
But I am below shit with graphic editing. I have never done anything more complex than a meme in any graphic editing program(but I prefer Krita).
>>
>>47835298
>scripy.rpy

That is supposed to be... actual dialogue?

> eri "Change is the only thing that is >inevitable...kind of romantic,don't you >think!"
>
> yu "'---Um huh,I guess---'I admit I >became flustered at this point'We aren't a >couple,just childhood friends.'"
>
> eri "Of course,haha,sorry for the >accidental inuendo,haha"

This is the exact reason I told you your project would be shit. You suck at writing, and you suck at English. If you want to actually move ahead in any respect, pick one thing and get good at it. Learn how to speak English, learn how to write, learn how to draw, learn how to compose, or learn how to program. Do not, however, say "Hai guise I have idea for VN it will be great! No I can't actually contribute anything of value, I'm more of an "idea" guy. You guys can handle the plot, art, and music right? Y'know, the easy stuff."
>>
>>47835395
Exactly, this is like deviantart-tier. You have to be very self-critical. You need to strive for perfection, and be able to look at your own work in the perspective of an audience member. Many people are incapable of that basic process.
>>
File: into the trash.jpg (115 KB, 591x530) Image search: [Google]
into the trash.jpg
115 KB, 591x530
>>47835203
>Plus you have shit to put on a CV.
>>
>>47834528
>Nobody wants to play your fanfiction tier masturbatory bullshit that looks like it was drawn by a 5 year old
People played Katawa Shoujo and it fits that description perfectly.
>>
>>47836088
And someone fucked your mother and she gave birth to you; stupid people do stupid things.
>>
>>47836614
Katawa Shoujo is fucking garbage any anyone with at least half a brain would know that.

Fuck off retard
>>
File: ks.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
ks.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>47836614
yoge; kusoge
>>
# The game starts here.
label start:

scene buildingoutside

nar "Two young souls standing at the entrance of their new school.Wanting to leave their past behind and to live to their fullest.Little do they know what awaits them,but still they are smiling daringly looking at their future."

show eridefault at right
with dissolve

eri "'So the terror duo has found a new victim,hahahahahaha...'"

yu "'Yeah,I guess,hahaha...'"

yu "But don't forget why we transferred schools..."

eri "'Gee,don't worry I won't!'The atmosphere was a bit more serious suddenly,but still,quite cheerful,more like an atmosphere of exciting expectation"

nar "The both of them could not wait to enter their new life in a completely new environment,where everything,except the each of them themselves was new and foreign!"

eri "You know,they say that if you want to escape your past you gotta burn all the bridges.Don't worry I think we did that nicely."

yu "'Agh,you are right.' I said that in a relaxed manner."

yu "But we also have to change,ourselves,you know as people."

eri "Change is the only thing that is inevitable...kind of romantic,don't you think!"

yu "'---Um huh,I guess---'I admit I became flustered at this point'We aren't a couple,just childhood friends.'"

eri "Of course,haha,sorry for the accidental inuendo,haha"

yu "'Um yeah no problem.'I took out my phone to see what is the time.'Damn we came early,there is still an hour left until our introduction."

eri "'Weren't you the one who wanted to come early?'Staring at him with an accusing look."

toppest of keks

>this fking dialogue
>>
>>47836648
Stupid people breed stupid people.
>>
OP, you have to be at least 18 to post here.
>>
File: become flustered.png (344 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
become flustered.png
344 KB, 1366x768
>>47836755
>became flustered
this gets me
also
>eri "'Weren't you the one who wanted to come early?'Staring at him with an accusing look."
even in context, it's kind of dumb

OP, if you're serious, proofread your shit first and find someone to read it over. /g/ is not that someone. 4chan is literally the worst place to ask for help if you don't actually have anything much, and even if you do, it's pretty bad for that purpose.

also, see >>47834490
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.