[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tox Thread: GSOC edition.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: tox.png (18 KB, 1358x522) Image search: [Google]
tox.png
18 KB, 1358x522
https://blog.tox.im/2015/04/27/new-api-gsoc-2015
>>
Hide Tox Threads, Ignore Tox Threads, Report Tox Threads.

One of the people in charge works for the US government and threatens to sue anyone who disagrees with him. This is not the sort of character you should be trusting to provide you working secure software.

Hide Tox Threads, Ignore Tox Threads, Report Tox Threads.
>>
>>47787570
Who?
>>
>>47787608
hexafluoride.
>>
>>47787570
yeah at first I really thought tox would be a great thing.
But the guys who did it are just faggot that shouldn't even be in the computer science field.
There is a lot of software that provide encrypted communication and voip, and that have been audited. And not done by faggots but actual computer scientists
>>
>>47787641
I knew it
>>
i also only believe what people tell me and don't have actual knowledge of what is going on because this is much easier that way

it's like buying MC'donalds quality food everyday because cooking myself would be too time consuming but it tastes just as good
>>
Requesting evidence.

I hear a lot of TALK that claims that person X is the bad guy, No Wait It's Person Y!
>>
>>47787688
Actual computer scientists have looked at Tox and thought it was pretty good.
>>
>>47787570
>>47787688
>>47787723
>>47787775
plz see:
>>47787772

Too many claims, not enough proof
>>
>>47787813
Look at that blog post in the OP. Tox got into Google Summer of Code as a mentoring org which means it's legit.
>>
I can write a more secure chat program in fucking bash with gpg netcat and ffmpeg.
>>
lets hope it finally finishes stable for once
>>
>>47787900
lel

bash has had more 0 days this year than Tox has had ever.
>>
>>47788328
Which 0 day are you referring to that would make piping stidin and stdout through gpg and nc insecure? There aren't any.
>>
>2 years later still doesn't have group video, audio, or multi device support.

kek
>>
File: 1410138566253.gif (19 KB, 691x543) Image search: [Google]
1410138566253.gif
19 KB, 691x543
>>47787641
>hexafluoride
If he works for the US government why would anyone use the software ever?

Botnet/10
>>
>>47788471
hexafluoride is the leader of Tox and no he doesn't work for the U.S gov.
>>
>>47787688
>There is a lot of software that provide encrypted communication and voip, and that have been audited. And not done by faggots but actual computer scientists
Such as?
>>
>>47787837
in fact it participated in GSoC 2014 too.
Tox is real and is the best approach to IM and voice/video calls I can conceive.

The FSF featured a Tox interview in their frontpage, Jewgle has accepted it twice for GSoC, a serious German security magazine ran an article on it. You can bet >>47787570 is either a shill for proprietary Bleep or some other shitty pseudo-secure and pseudo-open IM app, or a retard /g/ dweller that wants to make a whole /pol/-like conspiracy theory out of small independent valid facts about Tox history and some Tox devs.
>>
>>47788406
You deal with low hanging fruit before working on the more difficult goals.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.