[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/bbg/ - Blackberry general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: BBClassic.png (260 KB, 729x465) Image search: [Google]
BBClassic.png
260 KB, 729x465
Can we get a blackberry general? I can't remember the last time I saw one.
>>
>>47649642
I thought about getting the q5 which is on sale for 150$, but its camera is trash.
And I dont want to drop the cash for a nicer model seeing how I have never used one before.

Im sick of android, and I hated IOS, and >windows phones
>>
>>47649715
I'm in the same boat with hating all other mobile OS's. You could go older and get a bold 9900 for like $80 on eBay.
>>
File: 1422715294573.jpg (204 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1422715294573.jpg
204 KB, 900x1200
>>47649759
didn't they require BIS service to work properly?
Anyway, as long as you don't plan to play games or watch full length movies, blackberry is master race. Typing on glass still isn't as comfy as a good physical keyboard.
Waiting for the slider.
>>
>>47649924
I am most likely going to get a classic and just side load any apps I need. I currently have a first gen moto X.
>>
>>47649715
Q10s are cheap nowadays.
>>
I wanna upgrade to a Passport from my Q10, but i just can't fucking justify it. My Q10 is just perfect for me.
>>
I wouldn't hold my breath on the slider. The Q10 is good enough, has both removable battery and SD card and will probably have good support for a long time.
>>
>>47649924

>touching your screen.

Kill me now. I don't want to live on this planet
>>
Does Verizon offer any flagship blackberries or am I fucked if I want one?
>>
>>47650144
>Wants to upgrade
>absolutely no need for that
Well, you are a consumerism whore anon.
You think your life will improve because of the passport? think again and spend that money on sth nice, like well tailored clothes or get sth for your hobby.

Also, the passport is as big as a cd case, this is even more retarded than phablets.
>>
>>47650222
Just go unlocked off amazon
>>
>>47650286
Who pooped in your cheerios
>>
>>47650300
The fucking flagship phonemarket. The mid and low tier is actually ok.
>>
>>47650286
Did you read the part about "i just can't fucking justify it"? It implies that I'm not getting it, I just like it. And I've held a BB Passport, it's a good size, just a little wider than a Note.
>>
>>47650289
Considering it
I currently have an iPhone 5s and I really can't justify it because I watch a lot of videos on it in bed and the classic's display really isn't good for that. Maybe someday.
>>
>>47650319
Flagships are flagships because they have the highest specs and the best build quality? Are you seriously saying flagships smartphones are some kind of conspiracy/scam?
>>
>>47650320
I've read and understood everything. I just like to offend people, so they don't think about buying bullshit like that in the future. Just doing some sort of anti shilling, because the shillthreads on /g/ are annoying as fuck.
>>
>>47650346
5s should last you another year before the apple death gate
>>
>>47650362
Apple Death Gate?
>>
>>47650374
Somewhere around 45% of all apple mobile devices die after 2 years of continuous use.
>>
>>47650222
Classic atm is the only one, no bloat though, so that's good.
>>
>>47650350
They are mostly overpriced and have features that are very gimmicky.
>heart rate sensor
>fingerprint sensor
>round edged glass
>crazy resolutions
Meanwhile they kill off swappable batteries and sd cards. I'm afraid that the middle tier will follow and then i can only flee to lowtier phones.
>>
Best part of classics build quality is the steel frame.
>>
>>47650355
So, you're sperging out on people that like things you don't like? Okay then.
>>
>>47650445
Did you even read my post?
>gimmicky features
>heart rate sensor
Do you faggot use a HR sensor? Tell me how much it improved your life.
>>
>>47650407
I went they usually have 3gb of ram versus 2, or a larger screen (Galaxy s5 vs s5 mini). I completely agree with the gimmicks people will use for a week before disabling them
>>
>>47650474
>>47650407
I meant I agree with you that they are idotic
>>
>>47650445
Also, just so you mongloid understand what i was trying to say: Flagships setting trends for smartphone industry, mid-range phones could follow the trend of no battery removal and sd card. (a lot of manufacturers did already).
>>
>>47650466
>>47650518
I was the guy wanting the passport, you mong. And who said people buy a flagship phone because of the gimmicks? Most people buy flagships because the specs are future-proof. I also don't agree with the battery removal and no sd card, that's fucking stupid.
>>
>>47650346
>>47650362
>>47650385
How is video on the classic? Does it support html5 like iPhones?
Do I just get black bars?
>>
>>47650548
Ok. And there is the problem, future proof specs, but no removable battery, so you can't keep a phone for 5 years. Of course one could unscrew the back and swap the battery with a tutorial, but that wouldn't be necessary if the manufacturers were less greedy and wouldn't want to sell you a new flagship each year.
>>
>>47650598
I know man, it's one of the main reasons keeping me from getting the Passport. It does have the sd card, but fuck not having a removable battery.
>>
>>47650631
Just spread the word and hinder people from buying constantly the newest shit. Some companies need to fall, before getting their shit together and actually care about customers, rather than profit maximization. Had some of my friends asking me about the S6 (they have a S5).
"just do the math, is it really worth the several hundred dollars, that you get a slightly better processor; screen; camera? You won't really notice the changes. "well, you're right actually. Thans".
>>
>>47649642
lets just stop using telephones
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.