[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chinese shitphone buyers aren't even human
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: xiaomi_vs_huawei_celebrityness.png (712 KB, 996x683) Image search: [Google]
xiaomi_vs_huawei_celebrityness.png
712 KB, 996x683
Why would anybody willingly buy a chinese smartphone riddled with rootkits and chinese backdoors? Literally what the fuck is wrong with these people? Why the FUCK would anybody buy Huawei/ZTE/Xiaomi? Do they have even the smallest mental capacity to think? Are you that fucking poor holy shit? Even OPO is suspected of carrying rootkits. SOMEBODY FUCKING EXPLAIN

>The file is called “Baidu,” which is China’s version of Google. It was found on Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact phones. If a user tries to remove the file, it automatically restores itself after a short time. The independent Xperia Blog says the file is rooted in the firmware of the phones.
>Just one month later, a similar spying app was found on smartphones from China’s Xiaomi.
>It was first uncovered by a user on Hong Kong forum IMA Mobile who was reviewing the Xiaomi Redmi Note smartphone. Researchers at security company F-Secure then confirmed the findings.
>The Xiaomi Redmi Note smartphones were continually trying to connect to an IP address in Beijing. Researchers found the phones continued relaying data even if they erased the phones and installed new versions of Android—suggesting again the “feature” is in the phone’s firmware.
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/1052310-xperia-spy-app-reveals-new-trend-in-chinas-cyberespionage/

>infecting sony phones
http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/10/28/select-sony-xperia-firmware-appears-to-contain-baidu-spyware/

>Chinese Android Smartphone comes with Pre-installed Spyware
http://thehackernews.com/2014/06/chinese-android-smartphone-comes-with.html

>In fact, it was proven that as far back as 2012 ZTE sold phones (10) with secret back door (11) access built into both American and British consumers
http://www.topsecretwriters.com/2014/12/cell-phones-chinas-newest-weapon-espionage-wars/
Lots of sources at the end.

Have some dignity. There is NO excuse for KNOWINGLY buying Chinese phones. NOW STOP SHILLING ABOUT THE OMG INCREDIBLE PRICE AND GET OUT
>>
I don't understand, the phones sold in the US are clearly NSA backdoored and other countries brag about how much they can break into your phone
>>
>>47580065
Whatever phone you get you already have the NSA in there. Being part of two botnets and in fact willingly doing so is beyond retarded. It bends my mind even trying to comprehend any sort of remotely sensible reason for this. I just cannot understand.

Where are you you goddamn chinese phone shills, ANSWER ME
>>
>>47580122
>paying more to get spied upon.

Might as well go for the cheapest option if you're going to be spied upon. The chinese knowing what you fap to matters nothing at all, they're not going around policing the world like America is.
>>
>>47580122
>This faggot thinks there's any difference between the red army and the NSA spying on him
No one cares about you special snowflake, might as well pay less.
>>
If you want any level of security at all you should buy a blackberry device.
seriously, they aim for the enterprise market, they're not USA-based company and their phones are not made in China.
>>
>>47579967
Given that this is related to Baidu, is there a chance that compromised smartphones were used in the Great Cannon attack on Github?
>>
I don't care. Whatever they do is far less malicious then what the NSA does.
>>
China will not send cops to arrest me for hurting people's feelings on the Internet
>>
>>47579967
Sony can spy on me all they want if they will give me free xperia Z4
>>
>>47580156
Might as well not buy anything that doesn't do what it's supposed to and just what it's supposed to.

Literally nobody who owns a digital device advocates for other people to spy on them using it, yet so many people by them. If nobody bought them until manufacturers stop doing this kind of bullshit that in no way helps the consumers, then we wouldn't have spyware in our devices.

Vote with your wallets and everything will be okay. Be a part of the solution and not part of the problem.
>>
>>47580156
>>47580172
OUT

>>47580200
If they come up with a good phone then we'll talk.

>>47580273
But they won't.

>>47580235
The NSA is already in your phone and monitoring your shit regardless of what phone you get, but to willingly get a chinese crap-phone and get snooped on by the Chinese government on top of that is inexcusable.

>>47580249
Unless you live in HongKong or Tibet or Taiwan and trashtalk them.

>>47580215
Possibly, I'd recommend looking it up if I were you. I wouldn't put anything past the Chinese government.
>>
>>47580354
Willingly getting a NSA spy-phone and get snooped on by the USA government is inexcusable.

Kill yourself you subhuman piece of shit
>>
>>47580354
>If they come up with a good phone then we'll talk.
Tell me what your applel/androshit device has that blackberries don't
>>
>>47580372
Stylus/QHD/IR blaster/3220mAh battery/Heart sensor etc.

Come at me.
>>
>>47580354
Do you shill for the NSA without any monetary compensation?
>>
>>47580367
I am seriously considering going back to my trust Nokia 3310. Fuck them all. What phone do you have? Probably a chinese copy given you're so analyravaged
>>
>>47580413
>Stylus
they have physical keyboards which will be always superior to a dangling penis-shaped device used to scratch your ear

>QHD
>3220mAh battery
Those two negate themselves. You need huge batteries because you fell for the 6 000 000 x 6 000 000 screen res which you can't even utilize cause screens are so fucking small.

>IR blaster
>Heart sensor
The only valid arguments i give you that. But still gimmicks than an useful functionality.
>>
>>47579967
>Just one month later, a similar spying app was found on smartphones from China’s Xiaomi.
Do you mean one of the few who had a 3rd party ROM from the reseller that was tapped? Do you understand that this can be done on ANY phone where a reseller('s employee) could get root permissions?

The respective phones had their packaging clearly opened and seals broken... or came without packaging. And it was -as far as I know- always possible to just put the vendor ROM back on and it's good. But hey...

Or do you mean the idiot "researcher" who activated the clearly explained and optional and disable-able cloud sync and didn't understand what it meant?

>The Xiaomi Redmi Note smartphones were continually trying to connect to an IP address in Beijing. Researchers found the phones continued relaying data even if they erased the phones and installed new versions of Android—suggesting again the “feature” is in the phone’s firmware.
It wasn't. It was cloud sync - arguably in the very first version (for a period of like... 1-2 weeks after an update, if I recall correctly) it was enabled by default.

Aaand they then added the trigger to turn it off. It wasn't firmware or shit. And before that you could firewall block it etc.

http://securityaffairs.co/wordpress/27486/security/xiaomi-handset-usersdata.html

Basically, OP is full of poorly researched shit.
>>
>>47579967
>be part of NSA botnet
>"Oh doesn't matter who cares"
>Chinese botnet
>"LOL DUMBASSES WHY BUY PHONE"

You people are the fucking worst, just stfu
>>
>>47580413
> stylus
What's so compelling about that?

> QHD
It's stupid to have that resolution on a phone, but the Passport does have 1440p

> IR blaster
I don't know why this would be a deciding factor

> battery
They already get better battery life than other phones so

> heart sensor
Anon kun, how is your smartphone sensing your heartbeat without a peripheral?
>>
>>47579967
turn your phone around and please read out loud where it is made.
>>
>>47580479
>Anon kun, how is your smartphone sensing your heartbeat without a peripheral?
Pulse oximeter.
>>
>>47580483
"Mexico"
>>
>>47580502
> without a peripheral
> mentions a peripheral
> shiggy diggy doo
>>
>>47580200
>Blackberry phone not made in China

BB shill pls go
>>
>>47580459
>they have physical keyboards which will be always superior to a dangling penis-shaped device used to scratch your ear
lolwut. Taking notes during lectures or quickly writing shit down or editing on lecture notes is hugely beneficial.

>Those two negate themselves.
No they don't. The battery is solid even with the QHD display. You gotta know how to use it.

>>47580471
Why don't you read the article and stop shilling.

>>47580479
I work at a hospital and the heart monitor is as accurate as the bigass cardiographs. I don't know how they do it but yeah.

>>47580479
Why don't you instead tell me how a blackberry is better? Irrelevant anyway.

>>47580478
>know the NSA is tapping shit
>hurr durr i guess it doesn't matter if the chinese government spies on me 2 derp
>>
Meanwhile Samsung uses knox made by US government for security. Samsung phones are the most secured phones by default. That's why they give that phone to their "field operatives" and high ranking officials.
>>
>>47580524
You can build a pulse oximiter into a smartphone. Hell, you can even use the camera if there's an adjacent LED flash though you won't be able to measure blood oxygen.
>>
>>47580540
Just shut up, nobody gives a shit that you've been sent here by Apple to shill against Chinese phones. Go eat NSA dick
>>
>>47580545
Fuck off Samshill, Knox is a plague
>>
>>47579967
Is this true with the BLU phones as well?
>>
>>47580567
lol stay mad chinkphone user
knox is love, knox is life
http://www.samsung.com/us/business/samsung-for-enterprise/index.html?cid=ppc-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Knox
http://www.infoworld.com/article/2612731/mobile-security/mobile-security-the-truth-about-samsung-knox-for-android-security.html
>>
>>47580567
Don't the NSA have better things to do that shitpost on 4chan /g/? Go away.

>>47580553
Apparently some apps use this method for iPhones that lack such a sensor. Meh.
>>
JIAYU S3 yay/nay?
>>
File: IMG_20150418_190821.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150418_190821.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2448
>>47580538
>implying a company aiming at enterprise market would risk making their assembly base in China.
>>
>>47580589
>acts like a patriot
>willingly shills a Korean made piece of shit

Knox is garbage, and you support a company that doesn't allow the owners of said phones to modify it however they like? Lel, you might as well shill for Apple since you like closed environments so much you stupid faggot
>>
>>47580592
How the fuck is saying Knox is garbage shilling for the NSA? If anything it would be the opposite you fat sweaty mongoloid
>>
>>47579967
I know right. It's ridiculous.

Also, chinkphones never get updates.
>>
>>47580617
>and you support a company that doesn't allow the owners of said phones to modify it however they like?
u w0t m8
also fyi there is no need for modification after installing nova as my default launcher.
>>
>>47580589
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Knox
>https://threatpost.com/nsa-approved-samsung-knox-stores-pin-in-cleartext/109018

>In October 2014, a security researcher discovered that Samsung Knox stores PIN in plain-text
My fucking sides
>most secured phones by default
>>
File: waldus.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
waldus.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
>>47580589
>In October 2014, a security researcher discovered that Samsung Knox stores PIN in plain-text instead of storing salted and hashed PIN
>>
>>47580639
>>47580639
>implying Knox wasn't designed to prevent owners from rooting/unlocking the boot loader

You really are a shill

>no need for modification once nova launcher is installed

Kek, this is hilarious, I bet you think Touchjizz is a great Android skin
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.