[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mac / PC Hybrid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: studiohybrid.jpg (29 KB, 527x377) Image search: [Google]
studiohybrid.jpg
29 KB, 527x377
This may get some hate, but I like PC AND Mac. They both bring cool things to the table that the other doesn't... PC does most of the heavy lifting, I'll grant you. A dual boot solves a lot of problems, but does anyone run an OS that's a hybrid of both? I know a lot of you us Linux, which I've never touched.

TL;DR What is the ideal Information Technology machine?
>>
File: doubledown.jpg (43 KB, 570x587) Image search: [Google]
doubledown.jpg
43 KB, 570x587
>>47561323
>>
A mac is a pc (personal computer).
>>
A mac is a PC with an OS designed to break if it's not running on approved apple hardware.
>>
Alright, fine, you anal fuckers.

A MACHINE RUNNING WINDOWS
A MACHINE RUNNING APPLE

COMBINE THEM
>>
I AM TOO DRUNK FOR YOUR SHIT

You know what the fuck I meant though.
>>
>>47561323
ElementaryOS if you want the ui. Sorta.

And a mac is a pc. Apple only managed to market their pcs as special. Therefore they are called macs.
>>
>>47561385
Not gonna happen
>>
>>47561385
nt x 11
>>
>>47561348
This. The whole "Mac VS PC" thing was bullshit from Apple's marketing department to avoid having their asses sued off for lying about Microsoft or Windows directly. It's dumb, and even Apple has already stopped using it. It's time for the retards that latched onto it to follow suit.
>>
A MACHINE RUNNING WINDOWS
A MACHINE RUNNING OS X

Can I... can you think now? Was that enough?
>>
>>47561323
>what the hell is a PC ?
>>
>>47561410
Do you like dicks? - OSX
Do you like being productive and/or playing vidya? - Windows
Do you like wasting time on shit that doesn't work or stops working for random reasons and/or have a neckbeard? - Linux
>>
>>47561477
>Do you like wasting time on shit that doesn't work or stops working for random reasons
that's literally a windows issue.
>>
I do like dicks. That doesn't seem like a determining factor. Does OS X make a million horny dudes come to my house?
>>
>>47561323
>calling windows "PC"
>>
>>47561494
Yes
>>
>>47561385
My build in a few weeks will do this. Hackintosh with off drive for Windows dual booting. I also have VMWare on the main OS X set up
>>
>>47561408
the only retards are the gaymers who call windows "PC" and make us all look bad.
>>
I'm curious to know what the average age of posters on this board is considering the preoccupation with calling people who like things they don't 'fags'

I'm guessing below 18 at least
>>
>>47561545
it's not necessary an insult. I'm a linuxfag. People who are mac enthusiasts are macfags.
>>
>>47561545
fag is nothing, the real fucking retarded word is cuck.
>>
>>47561554
I get what you mean, but it's always used as an insult (implication of homosexuality) in OSX threads, or heaps of other threads. Case in point >>47561494

That shit stopped being funny after middle school, so I can only assume the posters are in middle school
>>
>>47561323
You don't even know what a computer is until you've touched a proper UNIX based OS or something obscure.
>>
>>47561584
do you know other good unix-like OSs beside Linux and BSD?
Ever tried solaris?
>>
>>47561634
I was gonna mention Solaris actually.
I used to work with a E450 (Fantastic machine btw)
Ive haven't really used BSD much but ive only ever heard good things about it.
>>
>>47561323
>setup two partitions
>hackintosh one
>install windows on other
>install bootloader
>>
>>47561489
Replace "Like" with "Enjoy" and you've got linux, undeniably.
Windows users tolerate it. For linux users it's what makes it fun.
>>
>>47561729
>mfw this is actually true.
>>
>>47561323
Possible? Sure, not that hard for a fella who has knowlage in working with in a shell.

But I tell you that a hackintosch on bare metal is way harder to maintain than any Linux or Windows OS. And doing a dual boot thing is a tricky thing.

Because MAC only runs on certain Hardware and needs to modify the BIOS to run propertly, you need to know how to boot with flags and do certain manipulation of configuration files. This might be hard if you don't know how to use a terminal. But it gets even harder when it comes to keeping this system up to date.

Something like an update from maverics to yosemite is the exact opposite then trivial.

Also keeping drivers up to date is a tricky thing. If you don't feel comfortable working in a shell/terminal/console, you will have a hard time bro.
>>
I bump this with everything I have.

Except I want the laptop version. And not a crippled shitty laptop either. A laptop with a good graphics card, processor, and a nice large multi-touch touchpad.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.