[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There is nothing more exhilarating than the feeling after you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: 20150319_152246.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20150319_152246.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
There is nothing more exhilarating than the feeling after you pass a certification exam. I can't wait for my next one. Pic unrelated
>>
>>47328466

What cert did you pass?
>>
None recently. Taking the sec+ in a few months though man.
>>
>>47328466
How can one like exams?
>>
>>47328519
It sucks taking the exam. It's the feeling after you pass that makes it enjoyable.
>>
have any of you guys taken the CCNA routing & switching
>>
>>47328555
That's what I'm going for after sec+
What Are you using to study?
>>
>>47328614

I'm not its just an idea i had. I don't have any certifications. How dumb would it be for me to try and pursue that?
>>
>>47328758
If you want to get into IT I suggest you start with a+ through comptia. But pursuing ccna is never a dumb idea unless you don't study. It's a hard as fuck test. Has one of the lowest pass rates.
>>
>>47328825

Thanks i'll look into that. I have heard that its a hard one. I just put together a new network and thought that would be interesting
>>
>>47328907
It might be better to go for network+ first m8. If you only wanna work with networks than fuck a+ but network+ provides a good foundation to branch into high credentials such as ccna
>>
Is RHCSA enough to get me a job as a sysadmin?
>>
>>47328988
If the organization you apply to uses a Linux managed network than yes.
>>
>>47328825
I'm going through the CCNA course right now. The class is unpleasant because it's extremely fast paced, and it's not structured very well. You jump from concept to concept and don't really build a foundation.

Imagine building a home, then while you're working on one part of the house, such as a bathroom and how to do plumbing, you suddenly jump to electical wiring in the kitchen.
They just hop around and don't really explain what is a crucial concept to focus your studies on.

Have you gone through the course?
>>
>>47329050
Great, now I just have to actually get the cert, and I will leave NEETdom behind forever.
>>
>>47329054
I have not. I have networking foundations though. I have my n+ and networkPRO certification. I know How to switch and route. Doing a ccna course would be building onto what I already know. So I'm sure it wouldn't be that difficult. Did you start with a foundation? Or did you just jump into a high tier cert with No exp??
>>
>>47329054
What's the ccna course you're taking?
>>
is a+ an easy cert?

How long should i study to prepare for it? a week or so?
>>
>>47329194
Take it and get a job at a computer repair shop.
>>
>>47329237
that literally answered none of my questions.

I want to know how much to prepare before i spent 200$ on an exam
>>
>>47329262
Can you build a computer? Then I say yes.

look up professor messer,free videos.
>>
>>47329280
http://www.professormesser.com/free-a-plus-training/free-a-plus/
>>
>>47329194
If you've been working on computers for more than a year than it's easy as fuck. Best advice you'll ever get: pirate vce testing engine and download practice exams. Take the exams until you consistently get an 80 and up.
>>
>>47329280
whats a good pay rate for someone with an 1+ cert with no tech work exp.
>>
>>47329159
My course is with Cisco's Network Academy, netacad.com.
I'm going through it at a community college, and my course is directly named CIS26A on their site.
It's a course to prepare me for the CCNA Certification Test.

>>47329114
I've always been moderately self-taught, and I had a moderate bit of knowledge and experience with TCP/IP in general. Right now I started at the bottom, working towards CCENT/CCNA. The course is 12 months, and it's moving at a pace obviously meant for 24 months or more.
We go through 2 chapters a week, and the chapters are at least 50-100 pages long each.
>>
>>47329299
You're lucky to get 10 to 15 an hour on No experience.
>>
>>47329303
Holy fuck man. You ever heard of testout.com? Or cbtnuggets.com? They're self paced.
>>
>>47329310
Better than burger flipping,and it gets your foot in the door.

Put in 1-2 years of computer repair work,and you move up the ladder once you have your cisco and Linux certs.

The Certification route is cheaper than a degree.
>>
>>47329335
im just looking for a good summer job. im a mechE major and im tired for working for <10$/hr
>>
>>47329323
Sorry for the late reply, but no I hadn't. Thank you very much for telling me about it.
I'm not dropping out of the course though, my classmates are mostly successful IT people who just want to make even more money. The establishing rapport with them has already shown to be very helpful.
>>
>>47329705
You have No fucking clue How stoked I am to finally see someone be thankful and use manners on 4chan for once. You sir, have made my fucking day.
>>
are the microsoft certs like MCSA and MCSE worth it?
>>
>>47329728
Double your salary/10
>>
>>47329720
You're only doing me a favor, so I can be nothing but thankful. I'm glad to have made your day, too. You helped make mine by letting me know there's better options than this ridiculously paced class.

On topic to the thread, are you working on any certs or have any completed?
>>
>>47329747
good to hear but i have no experience so far, just trying to find a low level desktop support job is painful. studying for ccna currently but i doubt i'll take the exam soon and i can probably pass the MCSA exams within the next month or two.

i might as well cert up while i am unemployable right
>>
>>47329755
Yeah m8. Sec+ and Linux+. I'm op BTW. I have the testify courses for both and a subscription to cbtnuggets taking the sec test in the next couple months hopefully.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.