[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tpg/ - ThinkPad General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Used ThinkPad Buyer's Guide:
http://ktgee.net/post/49423737148/thinkpad-guide

ThinkWiki - Info on ThinkPads & running GNU+Linux on them:
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkWiki

ThinkPad service guides w/ tutorial videos:
http://service.lenovo.partner-management.com/et.cfm?eid=1369
>>
first for x200s is mai waifu
>>
whats so great about thinkpads except the clitmouse?
>>
Daily reminder that if your ThinkPad has a trackpad it's a Chinese knock-off.
>>
>>46873589
all those thinkpads without numpads...
>>
What program the thinkvantage button supposed to activate? Mine doesn't do anything, though it does function because I've used it on startup
>>
>>46874865
It's only used at startup.
>>
Daily reminder that you guys are as bad as macfags

>muh thinkpad
>muh special snowflake computer
>>
File: 1424265895902.jpg (336 KB, 1268x1695) Image search: [Google]
1424265895902.jpg
336 KB, 1268x1695
>>46874891
>mfw I have several macbooks and thinkpads
>>
>>46874891
>stop liking computers you guys
>>
>>46874910
Same here. The "This vs. That" mentality of /g/ must be stopped, but then again, /v/ is where all this bullshit comes from.
>>
>>46874891
only difference is tpcunts buy them when they're old for 1/10th the price, macfags buy theirs on day 1 when they're at their most expensive
>>
>>46874891
The main appeal of a thinkpad is that it's a cheap sturdy laptop with readily available replacement parts that can run linux and play your chinese cartoons.

This is the dream laptop of poor college students from /g/.
>>
>>46874891
The difference is that there's actually advantages to thinkpads.
>>
I have to say that the T43 I bought recently and fitted with 2GB of RAM works much better than I would expect. It manages to run almost everything I need it to (apart from HD video, which is to be expected)
I really love this laptop for it's design, but it has a fault that I can't seem to find a fix for.
When a battery is inserted, the indicator LED always shows the charging status, and the computer says that it's plugged in. This isn't just the case in Windows, as even the BIOS has this issue. Would replacing some parts help, or could it be the off-brand 9 cell battery I use?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.