[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What youtube channels does /g/ watch? Please keep it tech related.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: YouTube.jpg (45 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
YouTube.jpg
45 KB, 620x348
What youtube channels does /g/ watch?

Please keep it tech related.

General hardware?
Tech news?
Linux stuff?
Programming?

I know about The Tek and Nixie Pixel since /g/ talks about them all the time. The Tek has some decent linux and enterprise channels starting but they seem to do everything slow.

What does /g/ watch? Should I be checking out twitch instead for programming?
>>
>>46853710
pewdiepie
>>
>>46853710

Filthy Frank, obviously. I can relate to him because he obviously goes on 4chan! :DD

He hates Tumblr faggots and weaboos just like I do! We have so much in common. He even talks just like I imagine someone from 4chan would.

In one of his videos, he had a Macbook, and I love Apple. I love Filthy Frank, 10/10 best YouTube channel ever! :DDDD
>>
>>46853825
You sound like a stalker and a person I would never want to meet
>>
>>46853841

Can you not understand sarcasm? I was being sarcastic, mocking the /b/-tier faggots who actually do like Filthy Frank and his videos.
>>
>>46853867
You are writing texy, it's exrltremely hard to tell dumbshit
>>
>>46853867

How about you recommend something useful instead.

Anyone know of any channels that are actually informative and get in depth? On anything tech? Ive been working with a freenas server I just built and every video on youtube is only the most basic shit.

How about programming or anything in depth.
>>
>>46853899
My grammar fail is too much
>>
>>46853912

Fine. I recommend Manoj Palwe -

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeBEjQeC7nA9q0m9ZA6TgbA

He is a fine Indian business man and has some videos on programming. Great channel.
>>
>>46853710
My favorite /g/ related channel is Danoct1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QA7JKNAg2I

His channel focuses a lot on weird obscure computer viruses, including some humorous ones from the DOS era.
>>
File: ThinkREKT.webm (3 MB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
ThinkREKT.webm
3 MB, 426x240
Loosely tech related, but 42/11. WebM related.

Also photonicinduction is great. He fucks shit up with electricity.
>>
>>46853710
protutorialsYT
>>
File: 1412455704703.jpg (418 KB, 1515x2057) Image search: [Google]
1412455704703.jpg
418 KB, 1515x2057
Dunky, Jontron. Das it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/user/LeadBalloonTV
>>
https://www.youtube.com/user/TastyPCTV
>>
>>46853899
It was pretty obvious that post was sarcastic just from the second sentence. If English is not your native language, then maybe it would be acceptable for you to not notice the sarcasm WERE IT NOT for the fact that he used emoticons, which is a dead (cancerous, as well) giveaway of sarcasm. You're the only dumbshit
>>
>>46854058

This is cool.

Anything more programming or deeper tech?

Video games and gear fagging is nice but I was looking for something more esoteric.
>>
>>46853710

teksyndicate (only for Wendell in The Tek)
reviewtechusa
linustechtips (WAN show archive)
Pcper (for weekly podcast)
>>
>>46854166
>(only for Wendell in The Tek)

I wish he would hurry with the linux and enterprise shit. He keeps talking about this deepeer freenas video and this stuff never seems to come out.

Logans nice for like a street person view but Wendel seems to have the good info to learn.
>>
>>46854194

Yeah, Wendell could probably talk to you in binary and despite not understanding it you'd still listen with fascination, because Wendell.
>>
>>46854058
>tfw you will never have a cute virus
>>
>>46853867
>Explaining your own sarcasm.
Hmm, this guy's a master trolle, better stay away.

Absolutely nothing though. I find images combined with explanatory text to be the most efficient way to consume computer-related info, so I seek that out. Voices are hard for me to follow and not glaze over. :/
>>
>>46854072
>42/11
Mah nigga

They taught me how to build a computer, myself
>>
>>46854058
I used to enjoy his stuff (and rogueamp's, by association, but rogueamp doesn't sound like he knows much beyond cleanup.) I wish he'd discuss the technical aspect of the viruses a bit more, that's what I'd originally come hoping to see.
>>
I should probably find more channels to watch
>>
>>46854166
>reviewtechusa
if only he wasn't a fucking idiot.
>>
>>46853750
Did you see his howto on installing Gentoo :^)?
>>
>>46854330

Not necessarily, I tend to agree with most of his opinions and he tells things how it is without bias. He's got a knack for telling xboners why they're idiots when the situation calls for it and he hates anita sarkeesian so I've been warming to his channel lately.
>>
Eli the tech guy isnt bad for getting into linux but is there anyone going deeper? Or better?
>>
>>46854536
You
>>
>>46854536
man pages, programming experience, stack_overflow.

Take your pick.
>>
Here is Wendell recovery a drive that was fucked by the raid controller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esigglHOIOk

Anyone interested in more than games and hardware check it out pretty interesting.
>>
>>46854107
my fucking sides
>>
So anyone who is linux focued? Nixie pixel does some and tek has a linux channel with one video in it that might be cool if it gets filled out.
>>
twit.tv's security now and floss weekly
>>
EEVblog makes good videos.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.