[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fridges are technology. Never seen a fridge thread. What do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11
Fridges are technology. Never seen a fridge thread.

What do you have? Do you like it?

I bought pic related today, got really good reviews;
http://www.productreview.com.au/p/panasonic-nr-by552xsau/3.html

After plugging it in though, it was making a high pitch sound. Im thinking it might be a fault, so i'll make them replace it if it continues.
>>
The beige cheapo fridge I bought in 1994 has more square ft of space in it than even the most expensive of modern fridges, i don't understand it.

The only thing they seem to do with technology these days is make it prettier.
>>
>>46777776
>>46777776
Once you've made something that makes food cold as its only purpose, sort of difficult to add anything meaningful to it.
>>
>>46777795
Shouldn't be too difficult to add wifi
>>
File: fridge twitter.jpg (36 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
fridge twitter.jpg
36 KB, 480x640
>>46777805
>>
>>46777818
>fridge gets hacked
>all your food gets spoiled

>lamp gets hacked
>get seizures

>car gets hacked
>crash

>stove gets hacked
>your house burns down

Wow what a bright future.
>>
File: Untitled_1.jpg (1 MB, 1588x1857) Image search: [Google]
Untitled_1.jpg
1 MB, 1588x1857
>>
>>46777842
>>46777818
>>46777805

>internet of things

this is the future you chose
>>
>>46777861
/g/ is full of luddites, I don't think anyone here asked for this.
>>
samsung, samsung everywhere
>>
>>46777776
>The only thing they seem to do with technology these days is make it prettier.
And more energy efficient.
>>
>>46777842
lamps and garage doors etc being on the net is kinda cool and handy
car is a bit much on the net but there are handy things there too, access to sensor data etc.
Fridge is really on the edge but there could possibly some limited applications where having it connected to the net could be helpful

Stove...there is no reason whatsoever this needs to be connected to the net.

Furthermore, this Internet of Things bullshit, needs to be Intranet of Things. Having my stuff light, t-stat, garage doors connected to each other is fine...but it doenst really need to be internet facing
>>
>>46777881
How is Apple beating Samsung in revenue? Samsung makes everything
>>
>>46777965
because they make low quality everything.
>>
>>46777965
Because they aren't.
>>
>>46778011
I see that now. I thought Apple had more

>>46777989
You are gonna call me a fanboy but I am very satisfied with my Samsung washing machine, fridge, vacuum cleaner, tv, 2 led monitors, 2 phones
>>
>>46778048
if they were higher quality, they would charge more and make more profit. They don't.
>>
>>46778060
what constitutes high quality? A higher price point? Durability?
>>
File: E521TRX2_EXTERIOR_MUG_mug.jpg (8 KB, 400x480) Image search: [Google]
E521TRX2_EXTERIOR_MUG_mug.jpg
8 KB, 400x480
I bought this two weeks ago

https://www.fisherpaykel.com/au/kitchen/fridges-freezers/fridges/E521TRX3/

gonna store xbox games in it
>>
File: french-door-refrigerator.jpg (1 MB, 3313x2209) Image search: [Google]
french-door-refrigerator.jpg
1 MB, 3313x2209
>>46777776
Sounds like it has poor insulation which is why you have extra space.

>>46777740
I'd like something with the crisper drawer closer to eye level than the traditional freezer on the top, crisper drawers near my feet model I have now. Crushed ice in the door is good too though I've seen lots of complaints about indoor ice makers on models where the freezer is on the bottom.

What I don't need: a built in web browser or video cookbook. Shit like that is garbage.
>>
>>46779832
holy shit, fucking kill yourself you disgusting fat piece of shit
>>
>>46779847
Not my fridge, just a model similar to what I would like to have. If you read my post, you'd know my fridge has a freezer on the top and crisper drawers near my feet. Sounds like you have fat in your eyes blurring your vision.
>>
It's a Zanussi, my granny bought it like 20 years ago then she died, well so long and thanks for the fridge, Lily.
>>
>>46777859
freezer drawers FTW
mine's a cheap LG, though. still great.
>>
File: ui.jpg (305 KB, 758x1031) Image search: [Google]
ui.jpg
305 KB, 758x1031
Is NoFrost bad or good thing?
>>
> not black
> no dispenser
> doesn't have two doors
This isn't the 50's anymore, step it up
>>
SERIOUS QUESTION! Whats the best small (dorm sized) refrigerator? Should I just get one from walmart?
>>
>>46780788
steal one
>>
>>46780788
Honestly, check out local classifieds first.
>>
>>46781762
Well the one at walmart is like $70 brand new. it also has the newest energy efficient rating. You think a used one will be cheaper than that?
>>
>>46777889
and internet access
>>
It's good for long term storage but bad for short term storage unless you enjoy spending extra time defrosting your unit. This is because most frost-free units also heat up the freezer compartment to defrost. Ideally, you would want a separate frosting freezer for the long term. In both cases make sure that food is well-sealed to ward off freezer burn.
A few other things to consider are the locked rotor amps (lra) of the compressor, the accessibility and orientation of the coils, and whether or not it has a an ice-maker. The lra is almost always not listed on the unit so you'll have to ask the sales guy to open the back or wherever the compressor is located to read the lra. This will determine what you'll need if you plan to run it off a generator during a power outage. If you can't output the lra, the compressor won't start. With a high lra (some of these units require 20+ amps for a few seconds), you can expect lights on that circuit to dim every time the compressor kicks in.
For the condenser coils, you want to make sure that it'll be easy for you to dust them off every once in a while if you care about longevity and performance. You can use a coil brush, leaf blower, electric duster, etc. It really depends on if you care or not and how much dust you have. Also people tend to not leave enough space behind the fridge for exhaust for not built-in units.
Built-in icemakers are usually the most frequent source of repairs so that's something to watch out for. Stand-alone icemakers make better ice (clarity and taste) and have better build quality but cost more and take up extra space.
Size, shelf and drawer quality, door orientation, etc. are all pretty obvious.
>>
>>46782965 meant for >>46780290
>>
File: rms.jpg (1 MB, 2700x1801) Image search: [Google]
rms.jpg
1 MB, 2700x1801
>>46780290
>NoFrost
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as NoFrost, is in fact, Refrigeration/NoFrost, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, Refrigeration plus NoFrost. NoFrost is not a cooling system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning Refrigeration system made useful by the compressor, refrigerant and vital system components comprising a full refrigerator as defined by ASHRAE.
Many refridgerator users run a modified version of the Refrigeration system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Refrigeration which is widely used today is often called “NoFrost”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Refrigeration system, developed by the Oliver Evans. There really is a NoFrost, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
NoFrost is the heating element: the part in the system that warms the machine’s evaporator coils to the compartments that you cool. The heating element is an essential part of a refrigerator, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete refrigerator. NoFrost is normally used in combination with the Refrigeration system: the whole system is basically Refrigeration with NoFrost added, or Refrigeration/NoFrost. All the so-called “NoFrost” distributions are really distributions of Refrigeration/NoFrost.
>>
>>46777965
They aren't though Samsung is a huge fucking conglomerate Apple only beats their mobile phone division.

Samsung literally makes everything from chemical researching to huge barge ships.

300B Revenue Samshit
100B Revenue apple
>>
>>46777866
Lanier pls go
>>
File: remodel.jpg (77 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
remodel.jpg
77 KB, 960x720
I just got a $50,000 kitchen remodel. The fridge, stove, and microwave are all Frigidaire Professional Series.
>>
>>46786735
And how are they more professional, other than they cost more money so you can boast about?
>>
>>46786735
>>46786816

Oh and dishwasher. They're professional bro, just trust me.
>>
>>46786735
You forgot to buy a faucet you fucking idiot!
>>
>>46786735
>that tiny island
>that dark claustrophobic cabinetry
>no butcher block
2/10
>>
>>46786735
>door only opens halfway
this is going to annoy you, trust me
>>
>>46786735
You overpaid for that kitchen. Like holy shit you overpaid. You back splash just sucks, your cabinets suck hard, seriously dark wood? Grats on picking shitty cabinets. Your island is shitty with an awkward position and it's tiny. Fridge placement is complete shit. Sink with no tap.
Did you just write a cheque in full to the contractor and said do your best? Sucker born every minute I guess.
>>
File: 1424266653193.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1424266653193.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>46779832
Kroger much, poorfag? I'll rescind my insult if those are from Fred Meyer tho
>>
>>46786735
You're a world-class dumbfuck. You might have just gone to the blackjack table.
>>
File: spin_prod_934315912.jpg (27 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
spin_prod_934315912.jpg
27 KB, 800x800
Original price was around 2500. Discount brought it to 1700. Bought it. Delivery guys noticed something small was broken. Took it back. Brought another one the next day. The paint on the door was scratched a little bit on a place that was not even visible. Got 300 refund + a self repair kit for there. Ended up paying 1400 for a 2500 product.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.