[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just want tiny computers (not touchscreen phones/tablets) to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: sony-vaio-p-xp-japan.jpg (26 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
sony-vaio-p-xp-japan.jpg
26 KB, 600x450
I just want tiny computers (not touchscreen phones/tablets) to become common again.
>>
We f*cking had netbooks and they died within a few years. Deal with it. Tablets and phones ARE the tiny computers of the present and future.
>>
>>46722271
UMPCs were shitty even back in the day.
Sacrificing performance, battery life and practicality just for muh portability, they were not comfortable to use.

There's a reason they died out.
>>
>>46722297
>netbooks and they died
No they didn't. See chromebooks and Microsoft's dirt cheap competitors like the HP stream 11.
>>
Why do people actually want this? Ultrabooks are miles better.
>>
>>46722271
>tfw always wanted a vaio pee
>>
>>46722297
No way Android/ARM can offer the enormous catalog available for x86-64 computers. It makes Android devices non-PC.
>>
I do too but I'll accept that tablets are the only way to get them.

Better to have something than nothing, even if less than ideal.
>>
>>46722473
Windows tablets exist
>>
>>46722473
Yup! Let me just edit spreadsheets or use photoshop on this 6 inch device!
Fuck off.
>>
>>46722297
>netbooks and they died within a few years

asus still makes them
>>
>>46722560
Except, you know it's perfectly plausible.

Stop being a little faggot.
>>
>>46722582
No it'a fucking not. Take your umpc circlejerk to some dead bbs pr something.
>>
>>46722574
And HP and Acer and Dell and and and

They just don't call them netbooks any more.
>>
>>46722271
I hated netbooks keyboards they're so uncomfortable
Same with the small screens can't read shit
>>
>>46722271
I'd love to have a tiny shitposting machine.
No touchscreens preferably.
>>
What's the smallest we can make a fullsize keyboard?
>>
>>46722701
10 inches is already cutting it close.
Anything less is RSI inducing.
>>
To be honest. Haven't used it but something like a Surface Pro seems pretty nice to me.

Keyboard so you can actually use it, has a touch screen for portable stuff, can run Linux.

Shame about the price. And the fact that I have no need for a portable computer. But if I did, and wasn't poor. That would probably be the one I'd get.
>>
>>46722297
Why the fuck are censoring swears? Where do you think you are you little bitch. Fuck off back to reddit if you can't handle the goddamned language
>>
I just use a nexus 7 with a keyboard case and bluetooth mouse.

Only really issue is the lack of x86 apps, still does most of what I want out of it quite happily.
>>
>>46722297
>has netbook
>makes thinner
>calls it an ultrabook
HHHRRNG NETBOOKS ARE DED, NO ONE MAKES THEM ANYMORE GET OVER IT
>>
>>46722271
see:
>>46719800
>>
>>46722271
>Buy phone or tablet
>Buy blue tooth keyboard
>...
>Profit?
>>
>>46722473
>>46722545
>>46722560
What the fuck are you crying about tablets and phones? A lot of them are more powerful than netbooks that used to roam the earth a few years ago.
You can pair a bluetooth keyboard (or even a usb one in many cases) and go on doing whatever you were doing.
I just feel retarded saying this, but instead of bitching that android devices are not as usable as desktop OSes, we should be searching ways to make them run on ARM devices. Tell you what? A lot of linux distros (including debian and ubuntu) can be installed on ARM devices.

Now go on figuring what i just said /g/-consumer electronics
>>
>>46722271
Just get an 11.6 inch laptop like that one yoga laptop like I happen to be using right now. It's perfectly fine but I wish I had a macbook
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.