[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /g/ I need your help, my phone (HTC One mini) got damaged
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: help.jpg (34 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
34 KB, 500x500
Hello /g/ I need your help, my phone (HTC One mini) got damaged and the power button and circuit underneath are gone, the battery is dead and I have so much files on that phone witch I so dearly belove. The part that is broken is in the pic, its gone. Sorry for asking here but I need help quick
>>
Yes what do you want help with Anon? State your question
>>
>>45932432
on another note /g/ isn't an indian tech support board, fuck off, also serves you right for buying low end HTC
>>
Either take it to a repair company or buy a spare/repair phone from ebay and transplant the component but it's probable that the mainboard was damaged so it's probably fucked beyond reasonably priced recovery.
>>
>>45932463
Is it worth it to try and repair this part (damaging all the others) for the phone or is a mission impossible?

>>45932456
I thought a HTC was high end, my bad
>>
>>45932510
It's probably fucked. Take it to a repair guy, get an estimate and decide if it's worth it.
>>
Similar problem

I have a galaxy s4 with a broken digitizer, can I do anything interesting with it?
>>
>>45932602
Hook up a mouse and keyboard using an OTG connector. If you're feeling like doing some real hacking, take one of these, design and 3D print a hinged assembly and turn the thing into a bitching subnotebook.
>>
File: help2.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
help2.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
Is there luck in using tweazers or something similar to activate the power button circuit since this part still sticks out of the phone

pic related
>>
>>45932675
In fact, fix the touchscreen and do it anyway.
>>
File: solder here.jpg (102 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
solder here.jpg
102 KB, 600x600
>>45932680
That's likely a ground plane connector. Scrape away some of the insulation (very carefully) from the latticed bit of copper and solder some wire between it and the pad indicated here.

Some pics of the actual phone would be useful, along with details of how it happened.
>>
>>45932687
Might be a fun project to get my feet wet in the world of /g/
>>
>>45932770
If you made a particularly neat enclosure, I'm sure Hackaday would be interested. Bonus points for moving the touchpad (this won't be easy) to a position below the keyboard.
>>
File: help333.jpg (87 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
help333.jpg
87 KB, 1280x1024
>>45932738I can now see both of those parts,
>>
>>45932792
Hmm so I fix the screen and then attach a physical keyboard to it?

Don't have access to a 3d printer though lol
>>
>>45932858
>>45932738
it got scraped by a keychain from a bouncer
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.