[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just sent my 15-year-old niece a link to python.org with o
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9
File: girls who code.png (4 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
girls who code.png
4 KB, 300x300
I just sent my 15-year-old niece a link to python.org with other links to thenewboston.com and YouTube.com on Facebook so she can start learning Python 3.

What have you done to help get more women into coding /g/?
>>
>>45428889
I meant cousin. She's not my niece.
>>
why do you call it coding?
>>
I bet she will not even look at the links
>>
>15 year old
>she
Oh boy here we go
>>
>>45428900
Why not? Programming is three syllables. Coding is two.

>>45428903
I think she will take a look.
>>
I have sex with them while programing.
>>
>>45428908
MODS
>>
>>45428911
Sure you do.

>>45428913
Fuck off. This is not about sex.
>>
Last thing anybody want is women in their workplace
>>
File: dog_foaming_at_mouth_small.jpg (27 KB, 320x312) Image search: [Google]
dog_foaming_at_mouth_small.jpg
27 KB, 320x312
>>45428903
>>45428908
>>45428911
>>45428923

>g's face when someone mentions women/girls and programming
>>
>>45428889
my niece asked what all the lines of words were on my screen, i hit her

so im doing my part
>>
>>45428913
the point was that is all the fucking thread will be about which makes me sad
>>
they make me sandwiches and brush my beard while i code. we call them administrative assistants :^)
>>
I don't want women in coding.
I don't want men in coding either.

I want programmers.
>>
>>45428938
She's my cousin, not my niece. I fucked up. Sure you did that.
>>
It's a good thing that you're introducing her to code, but that's the only thing I can say to you. Goodbye forever.
>>
>>45428944
i am none of the above.
i am a software ~* engineer *~
>>
File: letitbegin.jpg (114 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
letitbegin.jpg
114 KB, 400x400
>This woman/girl intent on staying here.
>>
File: FB message to my 2nd cousin.png (23 KB, 440x297) Image search: [Google]
FB message to my 2nd cousin.png
23 KB, 440x297
I'm not trolling either guys. I actually did it. The misogynist bullshit I see on here all day reminded me that I need to do this kind of thing to fight back.
>>
>>45428955
Watchout we have an badass over here
>>
>>45428946
You fucked up by not hitting her
>>
ITT:
OP tries to bang cousin by seducing her with Python and asks /g/ for more tips
>>
>>45428991
>baiting this hard
go back to tumblr or whatever rathole you crawled out from
>>
seriously, who gives a shit. it's simple:

>programmer for a living
>happy as fuck, love my job
>anon seems so happy all the time
>tfw people want to do what i do because i fucking love my job

if they don't gravitate toward it naturally, they're probably won't enjoy it as much as you'd hope. so expose children to technology, but don't shove it down their throats. no need to post it on /g/ either, just live out what you preach.
>>
>>45428944
I'm curious, actually... what is the difference between a programmer and a coder?

Like, I mean really? What is the technical difference between someone who... programs games versus who codes games?
Or programs websites versus who codes websites?

Is there a real difference?
Speaking of which, why does Computer Science focus so heavily on Calculus, when you're so unlikely to use it for anything but the most advanced programs?
Can a programmer or a coder consider themselves a Computer /Scientist/ without Calc? If they don't have the degree, /because/ of the Calc?

What are these terminological differences?
>>
File: now that's what i call edgy.jpg (17 KB, 240x210) Image search: [Google]
now that's what i call edgy.jpg
17 KB, 240x210
>>45429029
>>45429035
>>45429043

>>45429052
How are they supposed to "gravitate towards it naturally" when if a woman so much as mentions that she is female in an online forum she is immediately accosted by a bunch of misogynists neckbeards?

Recognize your goddamned privilege and go out of your way to help those who were not born white and male to get into coding.
>>
File: 891.png (42 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
891.png
42 KB, 625x626
>>45429074
>Recognize your goddamned privilege and go out of your way to help those who were not born white and male to get into coding.
>>
>>45428889
I tell them how much money I and my employees make. Its simple. For your health.
>>
>>45429074
how about, you ask questions and interact with the community like a normal human being? why do you NEED to reveal your gender immediately? i'm all for empowering women, but this isn't the right way to do it.

try harder.
>>
>>45429146
I'm OP. I am white dude, idiot. "The community" is mostly scum who don't interact normally with anyone.
>>45429146
>i'm all for empowering women
Sure you are.
>>
>>45428889
by putting my genetic code in to women
>>
>>45429167
So original.
>>
You're an idiot, why are you intentionally trying to oversaturate your field?

You know that the whole "LEARN TO CODE XD" movement is multinationals trying to drive down the price of skilled labour, right?
>>
I teach my cousin c++ and in return she gives me [spoiler]hugs. ;_;[/spoiler]
>>
>>45429201
Why would you not share opportunities with your own family?

Also, an increase in labor will grow the whole field. Tech growth is guaranteed, and could be slowed by a lack of labour.
>>
File: 1413765818729.jpg (77 KB, 406x406) Image search: [Google]
1413765818729.jpg
77 KB, 406x406
>>45429175
>>
>>45429158
it's ok bb, i'm sure you're a qt3.14 white male

now go and tell all us dumb girls how to become stronk coder ok :)
>>
JavaScript Engineer
>>
File: neckbeard.jpg (4 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard.jpg
4 KB, 259x194
>>45429229
>us dumb girls
>femanon here
>>
>>45429212
this is precious! what's the age gap? the most i've done is teach kids basic programming concepts through minecraft mods.

>tdw no small cousin to teach c++ to ;_;
>>
>>45429074
>How are they supposed to "gravitate towards it naturally" when if a woman so much as mentions that she is female in an online forum she is immediately accosted by a bunch of misogynists neckbeards?
>How are they supposed to "gravitate towards it naturally"
One gravitates towards programming/coding, because they like to use problem-solving to be creative, to make new things, and to make their own experience (and often others') with technology a better and/or more enjoyable one. They may also see a problem with current technology that they wish to fix, and they know they are the best to do it, and they are more than willing to take a bit of effort to learn it so they can do it.

>when if a woman so much as mentions that she is female in an online forum she is immediately accosted by a bunch of misogynists neckbeards?
This is not always true.

Expansion()
>if a woman so much as mentions that she is female in an online forum
Why are you doing this? Does it matter what gender you are? What is the purpose of bringing this up unless you are asked specifically and directly?

>she is immediately accosted by a bunch of misogynists neckbeards?
Has anyone accosted you here, in this thread, for any other reason than you are being a retarded Social Justice Warrior from Tumblr?
No. We don't care that you're female; we care that you're a prick trying to start an argument over bullshit.

>Recognize your goddamned privilege
K, gimme money if I'm so fucking privileged. Where's my damn privilege? Why ain't I getting extra funding or additional scholarships for my gender/race?
Bull fucking dogshite.

>and go out of your way to help those who were not born white and male to get into coding.
K, here's a link:
cplusplus.com, so go learn some C++.
lazyfoo.net, so go make an epic fucking game. I'd love to play it.
Stop wasting fucking time!

Now, shut up and stop being an assdick. :-]
>>
>>45429212
Is she cute?
>>
>>45429245
xoxoxoxo its ok you dense little soul, i still luv u
>>
>>45429247
This is the second time someone has thought I was a woman in the thread. I am a white man, not a woman.

You just playing dumb. If people discouraged you from programming you would have not gone into it.
>>
>>45429217
>Why would you not share opportunities with your own family?
In the words of a great philosopher, money and blood don't mix like two dicks and no bitch.
>>
>>45429247
i like you. you get it.
from >>45429146

>>45429268
i don't think op thinks you're a girl, they think you're a prick trying to stir shit up. why can't we just play nice?
>>
>>45429074
I prefer to help anyone equally.
>>
File: pepe.png (19 KB, 571x448) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
19 KB, 571x448
>Mfw people are actually responding seriously to this bait.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.