[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When does it get easier /fit/? I'm on day 3 of quitting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: smokingimissyou.gif (2 MB, 440x226) Image search: [Google]
smokingimissyou.gif
2 MB, 440x226
When does it get easier /fit/?

I'm on day 3 of quitting and I'm fucking dying inside. When I smoke all I want to do is quit, and when I quit all I want to do is smoke... this is hell.

>inb4 75 cigs per day cunt. I'm not him.
>>
>>37959221
Probably tomorrow. It usually takes about 3-5 days for me to stop craving when I quit from a binge.
>>
hey man just quit recently myself, I started smoking at 14 and am now 22yo & 2 weeks clean

after a week the cravings will calm down, the tightness in your head will start to fade, your brain will start to work to repair the damage nicotine causes

after that it's all mental cravings you have to control, if you have an abnormal stressful event you have to really watch yourself that you don't talk yourself into smoking again
>>
I'm curious about this. How did you guys started smoking? Never smoked in my life, and I've always seen people around me start despite all the anti smoke ads, and schools telling you about the effects.

People typically give me the run around when I ask about how they started, with one notable exception being one guy I knew who began while deployed in Iraq as a stress reliever.
>>
Just start vaping. It makes it easier. Then you can quit vaping because you look like a faggot whenever you vape.
>>
Read Allen Carr's book idk how it's called in English

Basically this dude is selling millions of his book cause it works very well

I have been smoking for 10 years, read this book (you can smoke whilst reading it) and quit very easily it's been 2 years now.

Gave the book to a few friends they all stopped its very easy
>>
>>37959624
this, quitted smoking some time ago and then a bad events streak hit me like a truck (2 years without smoking), then it all started small, just one cigarette a day, im not addicted i told myself, then i started to notice im like a rat craving for cocaine in an 80s lab.
>>37959808
i started because i wanted to get high, then i smoked cigarettes for those moments when u cant get high, and then i quitted kush, but kept smoking, i think i just wanted to be more mature, more like a man, then i quitted after noticing it was shit, then hard times came and started again 2 years later, it calmed me at the start and then just became an habit, now everything is fine but i cant stop smoking and i tell myself everyday i would stop but if i go out i get stressed on big groups of people and smoke (not like an autist, i know how to act, just fatigue dont know why, maybe its the noise)

NOT OP
>>
>>37959221
Day 7 was my peak, then oddly enough it peaked again around day 21. Smooth sailing after that.
>>
>>37959808
most people get started in the mid-late teens, when their judgement is poor and rebelling against the rules is cool
>>
>>37959861
OP here. I read Allen Carr's book before, but couldn't buy into his logic desu. The guy actually pisses me off because he makes it seem as if there's nothing truly enjoyable about smoking at all, it's apparently just like taking off a tight shoe (relieving cravings). I get what he means, but I can't fool myself into believing something ridiculous like that. Cigarettes have their merits, but I just don't think they're worth the downsides overall.
>>
>>37959876
after 3 weeks nicotine leaves your body completely, then it starts to strike some random peaks of needing it, i used to be an ex smoker but i noticed everytime i was listening to a group of music or doing something i used to do smoking my brain was all like "i wun sum smuk" after years.
>>
>>37959808
Used to smoke weed and do other drugs, then I joined the military, everyone here smokes so I just decided to do it. I never actually smoked cigarettes, just swingers and black and milds occasionally, but I've since dropped down to once every 2 weeks or so.
>>
>>37959221
personally, i found the first 4 days the absolute worst. It was smooth sailing from there with only the occasional crave.
>>
File: emotionalcigs.gif (496 KB, 500x285) Image search: [Google]
emotionalcigs.gif
496 KB, 500x285
>>37959912
Smoking weed is how I started, everyone else was doing it and I figured it was just something else to smoke. Like another anon in this thread I was only like 14 when I started. Starts off slow then over the years it turns into a pack a day if you're not careful...
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.