[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how 2 power clean
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
hello /fit/, my friend and I are Chinese carpet weaving sweatshop workers and to increase productivity, we've decided to get swole

We've both been working out for 1 month and started learning how to clean today, how do we hang clean correctly?

He's the one in red shorts and I'm the one in the blue shirt. pls send help
>>
>>37952767
idk what the first guy is doing but hes not doing power cleans
2nd guy got it right, but either way cleans start from and end on the ground and with those babbyweights youre not gonna accomplish anything
>>
>>37952767
On a serious note, I'm just looking for form critique. Neither of us have any idea of what we're doing and this is a home gym.

I watched Alan Thrall's video on the 3 phases of PC and I'm practicing the first phase, and I'm wondering where my form would be poor. As my friend, I think he watched Rippletoe's PC video by Art of Manliness or something

So we're probably going to end up doing it different since we're both mimicking different people
>>
>>37952792
We got up to 105 lbs, but I wanted to go back down to work on form since it was my first day power cleaning. Once I got the "hang clean from hip crease" down, I'll go from under knees, then from ground. I'm just wondering if I have the 1st phase down and if I can move onto the next yet.

What's wrong with my friend's form?
>>
Prob. not worth it's own thread, just going to ask in qtddtot then

sage for days
>>
>>37952767
White shirt is doing reverse grip jump curls
Blue shirt is doing a mix between white shirt's exercise and hang cleans, I'd say it's 75% a hang clean.

Just really relax your elbows, and shrug when extending at the ankle.
>>
>>37953022
How do you learn the cue for extending at the ankle? I rewatched Thrall's video in slow mo, and I noticed that even if his jump is a tiny one that barely lifts him off the ground, his ankles feel extend first.

The cues I'm using in order are
1. Big chest up
2. Shoulders back
3. Knees down without moving hips
4. Stand up straight as hard as I can

I'll assume #4 is wrong, but I can't seem to get the whole "ankle, knee, hip" extension that he explains

I think I can incorporate shrugging to combine with standing up straight really hard for more momentum pretty easily. What is the 25% I'm missing? I think closely observing my own video is that my ankles don't extend and also on the 3rd rep, I didn't even move off the ground. I'll try to relax my elbows, but getting a grip on the bar so it doesn't slip naturally tenses me a bit, I think.
>>
File: niceone.jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
niceone.jpg
6 KB, 200x200
>>37952767
nice file name
>>
>>37953178
>How do you learn the cue for extending at the ankle
I started with hang clean pulls and then moved immediately to power cleans, I just did the first two pulls of the clean (the knee extension and the hip hinge) really slow
The most problematic part of the clean for me was simultaneously extending at the ankle and shrugging while keeping elbows relaxed, that's why I did hang clean pulls. I don't even know if this is a real exercise, I basically did clean pulls starting from mid thigh (hang)
In the end, all it takes is practice, time and persistence.
>>
File: crossfit-starfish-clean.gif (1 MB, 764x592) Image search: [Google]
crossfit-starfish-clean.gif
1 MB, 764x592
>>
>>37953278
I see, thanks man.
>>37953224
Was trying to be funny to get more replies and help, but it backfired and just ended up being cringey.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvePZ67nlcA

ezmode.

follow this progression
>>
>>37953278
that's a high hang clean.

hang clean typically starts @ knee.
>>
File: Really.jpg (6 KB, 179x144) Image search: [Google]
Really.jpg
6 KB, 179x144
>>37953329
the jav part was the only good thing, but it was really good so its w.e
>>
>>37953351
>high hang
Yeah, wasn't sure about the name, that's why I described it.
>clean
Definitely not, clean ≠ clean pull. I didn't rack at the end.
As I said, I was "isolating" the "simultaneous extensions" part
>>
>>37953340
Thanks, watched the entire video and linked it to my friend-- will put it into action and practice today. This should teach the shrug and ankle extension pretty well, as well as the triple extension as a single fluid movement
>>
>>37953458
yw.

it's the video i used to actually break down my form and get my power clean numbers up.

I got to 185 for a single by just deadlifting really fast and sort of sloppily pulling the bar up as hard as I could with my arms, but I couldn't progress past that.

Currently hitting 235 for reps.

Just take your time, slow it down, work with the bar for a couple of weeks.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfjlY4sVv7Q

this vid helped me way more as it outlined my biggest problem very clearly which you seemed to have. i find that most other vids are needlesly complicated with too many steps
>>
>>37953845
id also suggest looking at some of his other vids like "a new perspective on squats" and "why do some weightlifters look so clean". i was having a lot of trouble getting the hang of things but 3 vids from this guy and it was smooth sailing
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.