[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think lifting can become an addiction? If I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: photo.jpg (85 KB, 512x511) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
85 KB, 512x511
Do you think lifting can become an addiction?

If I don't exercise for more than 3 days I start feeling frustrated and depressed. Coming back into the gym after a long break is like getting a cigarette again after a week.

Does anyone here feel like this?
>>
Of course, exercise produces endorphins
>>
>>37951939
fun fact, it's actually Phenethylamine that's currently credited with most of the heightened mood associated with exercise
it's closely related to amphetamine, and does much the same thing
exercise also releases cannabinoids (THC is a cannabinoid)

exercise is basically just shooting up some morphine, doing a line of speed and ripping a bong all in one
>>
yes.
boxing and lifting keep me mentally healthy
>>
>>37951967
Crazy how we ended up as a bunch of fatasses despite how hard nature tried making us enjoy exercise.

I wish I could experience ancient Greece where every citizen was expected to be fit for war.
>>
>>37951993
why?
then you'd just be another dude
pretty soon not being obese is going to become impressive, i'm hyped
>>
>>37952008
Being fit is already considered impressive.
>>
File: 1465724839667.png (85 KB, 210x434) Image search: [Google]
1465724839667.png
85 KB, 210x434
accidental sage lads
>>
>>37951993

I dont think the meme of "ancient people were sickly fit" is true.
Meat was far more expensive then. Protein intake was probably very difficult to become big.
People probably were 1,40m in height back then , maybe it was easier.Who knows.
>>
>>37952096

>People probably were 1,40m in height back then

Nah average Roman height is said to be around 5'5'', Germanics were a bit taller but still short by /fit/ standards at 5'7''
>>
>>37952096
The people who were obsessed with the male ideal were also in the upper class though. They were people with slaves who could work all day for them while they hung around in the gym with their aristocratic bros.

And afaik, meat was still the staple of their diet in ancient Greece. Corn didn't start to replace it until the Roman Empire which is why people were so short from antiquity up until industrialization. Ancient Greeks were probably 170-190cm.
>>
>>37952147
Actual greek here, you are semi correct.

-The staples of greek diet were bread, cheese , lentils and fish.
-For dinner they would eat fruit and watered wine.
-They ate 3 meals a day(breakfast was bread dipped in wine).

Meat was saved only for special occasions and it was usually game meat.

They weren't taller than other ancient peoples, in fact northeners had always been taller.

Muscle bound statues you see are all roman, ancient greek ones were ottermode.
>>
>>37952201
>Muscle bound statues you see are all roman, ancient greek ones were ottermode.

Hellenistic statues were pretty buff.
>>
File: 200px-Kouros.jpg (11 KB, 200x316) Image search: [Google]
200px-Kouros.jpg
11 KB, 200x316
>>37952215
Compare this to roman hercules statues

I know this goes against /fit/ beliefs but you don't need to eat 4000 calories daily to have muscles. Most people throughout history survived and thrived on less than 2 k a day, such as ancient greeks.

tl;dr stop being fatasses and eating so much, the only way you'll put on muscle on super high cal diets is if you roid
>>
Addiction is a spook.

>>37952248
How many people do you think walked around looking like the Farnese Hercules?
>>
>>37951967
and this is why im always nodding and giggling like a retard after gym
>>37951993
cookies and tv are easier to do than moving around and drug of choice is usually about convenience
>>
File: Laocoon.jpg (54 KB, 690x800) Image search: [Google]
Laocoon.jpg
54 KB, 690x800
>>37952248
The Greek ideal changes throughout the periods. The ideal in the Archaic period is way more feminine than the later periods. Compare that to this, which is also a Greek statue.

Regarding diet, the /fit/ ideal is way more buff than the ancient Greek. The people who do bulk and cut cycles and lift 6 times a week here probably want more than ottermode.
>>
File: 1468622836255.jpg (62 KB, 435x344) Image search: [Google]
1468622836255.jpg
62 KB, 435x344
>>37951923
>Am I Addicted?
>3 Days w/o exercise.
I can't even.
>>
>>37952270
This is a roman statue. Romans could get significantly buffer because they had a much better economy and nutrition(the rich ones).
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.