[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I sleep? I keep fucking waking up at 3:30 to 4:00 AM even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 0703151513a.jpg (2 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
0703151513a.jpg
2 MB, 4160x2340
How do I sleep? I keep fucking waking up at 3:30 to 4:00 AM even though I'm going to bed at 10:30 or so. This has been going on for the past 3 weeks.
I've had small bouts of being unable to sleep in college when I was stressed out, but I have nothing going on right now.
>>
git gud
>>
>>37942507
Meditation
>>
>>37942507
iktf senpai. Run a small business, sometimes stressful as fuck; messes with sleep patterns no end

Try slow release melatonin to carry you through to a more reasonable hour

Hippy shit like yoga and meditation/mindfulness can help too
>>
>>37942542
I bought a book before going on vacation so I'm going to try reading it before bed when I get home today.
I went out and bought some melatonin pills last night and took 2 instead of 1 since I got 3 hours of sleep the day before. I felt like I was asleep but I could still hear everything around me. Anyone else have this happen to them?
>>
>>37942566
Yeah reading is a great way to help your brain tune out.

Sounds more like you've got some background anxiety issues. Being on edge/having your senses in a constant state of readiness (ie hearing shit when you're supposed to be sleeping) is a pretty common sign. Maybe see your GP.

In the meantime try exercising in the afternoon; get enough sunlight/vitamin D throughout the day; try not look at a screen an hour before bed; pop a melly a half hour before bed; read until you can't concentrate/stay awake.
>>
>>37942650
I'm outside most of the time. When I think I won't be out, I take a D3 vitamin in the morning.
The anxiety thing could be true, though. Thanks.
>>
Look no further

https://selfhacked.com/2014/10/29/top-23-methods-to-fall-asleep/
>>
Weed. im srs. I have the same problem OP. I can go to sleep easily enough, around 10:30, but i wake up every 2 hours after that. Last night I woke up at 12, 2, 3, 4, and finally got up at 6. I've usually been eating edibles before i go to sleep which has drastically reduced the amount of times i wake up. I unfortunately ran out recently and its been miserable. Im not the biggest fan of getting high but it definitely helps.
>>
>Walk more
>Don't eat 4 or more hours before bed
>Get up at the same time consistently
>Eat when you wake up
>Get sunlight when you wake up
>Be tired before you go to bed
>Eat properly
>Get more sunlight and B Vitamins
>Turn off any direct source of artificial light 3+ hours before bed

All shown to better your sleep
>>
>>37944384
>be tired before you go to bed

I do this all the time, but the issue is is that when I go to bed, I instantly become awake. It's weird.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.