[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I convince my mother this shit's a scam? Her church
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: youngevity.jpg (17 KB, 271x271) Image search: [Google]
youngevity.jpg
17 KB, 271x271
How do I convince my mother this shit's a scam? Her church pulled her into it and in turn she's pulling my gullible family into it too. I don't know enough about health science to convince her properly, I just know an Amway-style MLM scheme when I see one.
>>
>Going to church

Good goy
>>
>>37939408
Talk to a lawyer. Have her committed on grounds of insanity.

Or go absolutely bat shit in love about it and force her to argue against it to save you from yourself.
>>
>>37939408
Hey wow a Christian doesn't know about science
>>
>believing in God
>being surprised they're gullible

I say that in the least fedora-y way possible
>>
>>37939408
How much is she planning to spend on this shit? If it's not that much, just let her be and make sure you have your own separate bank account.
>>
>>37939408
people still go to church?
>>
>>37939408
>I don't know enough about health science to convince her properly

You don't. You just need to know a little bit about health law. Did you know that the FDA doesn't (and legally can't) regulate dietary supplements? That means that anything being marketed as a dietary supplement does not have to actually do anything they claim it does. It pretty much just has to not be poison. If you see anything marketed as a dietary supplement, it's safe to assume that it's snake oil broscience.
>>
>>37939408

You have the type of family that makes me sad, OP. Good luck through your various trials and ordeals navigating 21st century capitalism's lower-middle class. :(
>>
>>37939443

I vote option two. This is gold.
>>
>>37939745

Do you even know how MLM works? It always starts out as "not that much" and gets to be progressively more as the victims get more and more committed and hence, more and more deluded.
>>
Sorry, stepped away for a while (Pokemon GO is great motivation for physical activity).

>>37939438
Her church, I don't actually go you fuckwit.
>>37939745
See >>37939968 She's already in the hole. Have no idea where she gets enough money for this shit though, she's too fucking lazy I mean PHYSICALLY DISABLED *cough*she'sfuckingfat*cough* to get a proper job.
>>37939468
Y'know, she's usually not that gullible. But she tends to be super full of herself too, and I think she's convinced herself this is some kinda easy-way-out miracle cure that will solve all that ails her as opposed to making a real effort towards fixing her physical issues.
>>
>>37939408
>>37939968
just looked up the site. reminds me of the pyramid scheme episode of always sunny.
I hadn't heard of MLM as an acronym before, but looking that up just reinforces my belief. shit's a pyramid scheme, yo.

OP the way i would recommend looking at this is are you dependent on your mother? if so, it's essential that you do everything in your power to separate her from this system and get her successfully dieting independent of this nonsense.
if not, you honestly have to decide whether it's worth trying to protect her from her own error in getting roped into a pyramid scheme. The people that get chumped into these sorts of things will surely do whatever it takes to justify their reasoning, and if you don't think that you can actually make real results in separating her from this scam, it may be a more valuable lesson for her to suffer the pain of self-realizing her own failure.
>>
>>37940722
If she's an obeast she's already a waste of space. There's nothing you can do. Cut her loose.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.