[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
would you recomend steppers for weight losing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: stepper-kettler.jpg (50 KB, 600x514) Image search: [Google]
stepper-kettler.jpg
50 KB, 600x514
would you recomend steppers for weight losing?
>>
File: 498233022.jpg (72 KB, 684x513) Image search: [Google]
498233022.jpg
72 KB, 684x513
does life get easier /fit/?

I'm 22 and if there was an easy way to switch myself off forever, I would
>>
>>37929505
Life is hard, thats why you have to become stronger.

Also anything that gets your heart beating is good for weight loss, but you should focus on counting calories.
>>
#1 is diet.
#2 is exercise.
>>
hello
>>
Eat. Less.
Calculate your sedentary TDEE (with BF% if possible, it makes a difference), eat 500 calories less than that.

Get plenty of protein - the amount needed will vary depending on your lean mass but minimum 100g per day. Fibre (35g+) and water (2L+) will help you feel full as well as improve your digestive health.

Don't starve yourself. If you're hungry, eat greater volumes of less calorie dense foods. Broccoli and shit.

Don't give up.
>>
Other guys are right. Diet is most important. You can't outrun your fork.

Exercise, make sure you include weight lifting. You will lose fat and gain muscle if you are a fat beginner and eat protein. This process uses a lot of energy. Why let all the protein you eat just get burned for energy or tucked away in fat deposits instead of repairing tissue?

Cardio is good, but mostly I'd recommend doing what you like. My sisters spin for cardio, they love it and hit the gym 4x a week for it, burning a few hundred calories each session. As long as you put time in and work at appropriate intensity, you will burn calories.

Also look for easy activity. Take two flights of stairs twice a day and burn 200 calories a week, that's 3 lbs a year. Walk 20 minutes to the store and back, 1 mile walking is a hundred calories. 100 kcal a day = 10lbs a year.

Diet is most important. You don't need to do any excercise to lose weight. If your diet isn't good, you will never make progress.
>>
>>37929501
I have one of those at my PC.
>stand and walk on it while on the computer, no sitting (don't have a chair there anymore)
>great leg exercise
>great for posture
>great way to limit amount of time spent infront of computer
>best 25euros i ever spent
>>
>>37930615
*15euros
>>
>>37929501
No. For straight up losing weight diet is most important but the best machine is probably the cycling ones. Find yourself something interesting to listen to (audio book, podcast whatever) and then get on the bike, start at a very fast pace, as fast as you can go until your heart is racing and you start feeling tired then go at a pace you can maintain for a very long period and do it for a very long time. If you get tired of sitting there then go to the stepper, rowing machine, treadmill etc and do a short fast paced work out to tire yourself out and hop right back on that back.

It'll be mundane as hell but it's the best way to lose weight. Too many fat people either do an intensity they can't do for long and leave or just walk on the treadmill for 20 minutes without ever getting their heart rate jacked and jump starting their metabolism.
>>
>>37929524
>anything that gets your heart beating
So drugs?
>>
>>37930749
never seen a crackhead, those fuckers are cut as fuck.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.