[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did I pull?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Hurts here.jpg (47 KB, 436x496) Image search: [Google]
Hurts here.jpg
47 KB, 436x496
I was ez bar curling today, with good form I thought, and I got shooting pain on the left side of my back. It was only 20lbs.
Now it hurts to twist and the general area feels tight.

What the fuck happened? Pic related, its me.
>>
pinpoint the area
>>
>>37903615
ez bar isnt so ez after all eh kid?
>>
ur pulling ur way into snap city son, ur fucked 4evr.

For real though, the back is super complicated. Just heat the area up where it hurts, it will help relax the muscles and provide better blood flow to the area to speed up recovery.
>>
>>37903615
Your pointing to your thoracic. It is literally one of the hardest areas to seriously injure. Just ice and stretch and use lower weights as comfortable with that group for 2 weeks.
>>
>>37903752
>>37903773

Yeah I figure it can't be too bad, it just confuses me. I did 3 sets at 35lbs fine and then I decided "why not tack on a drop set?" and did one last 20lb set. But that's what I get I guess.
>>
>>37903843
Still doesn't make sense for your back to have a shooting pain like that unless your form is way off.

How many reps of 16kg / 35 lb and 9 kg / 20 lbs did you do?
>>
>>37903773
>Using ice on a strained muscle and not heating it

Shiggy
>>
>>37903615
Probably strained a back muscle I've done it twice. Heat it and take a few days off and then don't do any back exercises for a week or two depending on how it feels. Don't stretch it
>>
>>37903883

3x5 plus one set of 20lbs directly after.
Form is pretty much directly ripped from scooby's "how to curl video" from years ago, and my gym is lined with mirrors so I watch myself. I wear chucks so my feet are on a flat surface fwiw
>>
>>37903843
that drop set dropped you on your ass eh kid?
>>
>>37903615
It'll heal fairly quickly such is the nature of this particular muscles. Don't fret.
>>
>>37903904

Heat works after the inflammation is gone.

OP you need to OD on some fish oil and buy a lacrosse ball, then look up how to roll your back with it on Youjewb. You probably fucked it doing something wrong along the way and the curls were just the tipping point.

Gotta be careful with everything in the gym desu, don't yank dumbbells off the rack, and don't swing them when laying down onto the bench, don't bend over at the back to pick up 45's off the floor, bend at the knees, etc. A lot of things seem like they're fine to do but the buildup of repetitive bad-movements will catch up to you--like right now
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.