[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The amount of people who are treating "taking a walk"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 1671x950) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 1671x950
The amount of people who are treating "taking a walk" or "going to the park" as a novel concept right now is fucking depressing.
>>
I know right I agree so much good sir.
>>
>>37895732
>walked 5km
>tehe im so fit now

most of my fb at the moment
>>
>>37895798

> I know right

kill yourself
>>
>>37895732
I am so tired of this shit already

god I wish pokemon was dead
>>
>>37895732
I dunno bout you guys but I find my cardio a lot more interesting now. So why complain about it?

For many of the ultra-chunkers they really are getting lot more exercise than they used to.
>>
>>37895732
you have to be "that guy" that has to complain about anything normies like/do.

just let them do their shit, live your own life
>>
File: a7dr9dq_700b_v1.jpg (48 KB, 700x754) Image search: [Google]
a7dr9dq_700b_v1.jpg
48 KB, 700x754
>>
>>37895732
>been walking 1 hour each day for two years now because of some obscure article somewhere that walking helps to decrease the chance you get alzheimers
>and some article that hypes walking as something that increases creativity
>and the sunlight that is important for you

actually over time I found only more and more reasons to walk. But yea, it amazes me that people dont take research journals seriously and try to use that as truth for their lives.

Now if only I could find a research journal that said to me that i need to talk to qt girls every day...
>>
>>37895863
holy shit this image has such a high trigger potential for /fit/
>>
Im worried this game will start killing my gains.
>>
>>37895863
make it into day 356 and remove his muscles, anyone walking around for such a time would look kinda like a skelly, kinda just normal and not build.
>>
>>37895732
Honestly as a kid I loved pokemon and i would've killed for an app like this back then. The idea that you go around hunting down pokemon, maybe meeting people along the way, is a fantastic opportunity for people to bridge the gap into proper fitness/dieting. I think we're going to see pokemon go body transformation pics popping up in 6 months.

An app like this might've helped me not be the fat kid that I was. If it can help people, who are we to pass judgement.
>>
>>37895812
well memed friend
>>
Most people can't enjoy a walk for its own sake for some reason. They need a stupid distraction.
>>
>>37895885

>>37895904
lol there he is
>>
>>37895915
if pokemon would actually spawn according to the environment I would agree with you. as it stands right now the best way to get them is living in a city and walking between the pokestops and stuff probably passing multiple fastfood joints. you really think that is gonna help the fatties ? We all know diet is the main part so this might actually be a negative thing because they will reward themselfes for walking 1 mile or so.

Now if they would put pokemon in their actual environment so you would have to go to a forrest, row with a boat onto the middle of a lake or walk up a mountain then I would totally agree but that sadly is not the case as far as I know.
>>
>>37895904
4x10 phone curl
3x10 bent-over phone row
4x10 phone shoulder press (flying pokemon)
3x10 phone skullcrushers
help me /fit/

>>37895938
But that's just it. All this is, at its best, is an *opportunity* to *bridge the gap* into fitness. People have to go out of their way to bridge that gap, because obviously walking a 5k and hitting up mcdonalds after isn't going to get them there. Unfit, unhealthy people looking for an easy fix are always going to cycle through cheesy bullshit like the pokemon go "fitness routine" and quickly fail. Those sorts of people always fail though, regardless. At its best, Pokemon Go is a tool to be utilized. At its worst, it screws over the losers looking for the quick fix. Nothing of value is lost.
>>
File: Draconic_visage_detail.png (171 KB, 467x706) Image search: [Google]
Draconic_visage_detail.png
171 KB, 467x706
>>37895938
As a person who lives in nowhere I agree, I walked around my area for two hours got a weedle and a caterpie. They spawn from pokestops and I have one within 10 miles of me. Sucks bro.
>>
>>37895938
Best place to go in my town is a taco shop. One of the first times I've eaten out instead of chicken breast in months. Spawning ares need some work if this is to make people fit.
>>
>>37895843
This
Personally, I think Pokemon go is trash, doesn't offer much in terms of actual entertainment and is worryingly successful as Nintendo will go into more mobile shit but I'm not raging at every fat fuck staring down at their phone. Get the cock out your arse OP
>>
File: 1468284249495.gif (122 KB, 257x206) Image search: [Google]
1468284249495.gif
122 KB, 257x206
>>37895732
>getting this upset about people who wouldn't otherwise leave the house beginning to get a marginal amount of activity in their lives

Are you upset because there is a possibility for a small segment of the population maybe being less obese? Sure walking 4 minutes a day isn't going to do much but it might be what one person needs to realize life is better when you get out of the house.
If the only thing that defines is relative fitness to the point where it upsets you when other people begin that journey then you need to look at your own ego and life. Of course this is /fit/ so if something is popular naturally it's cancerous.
>>
OP the type of nigga to start the game and pick bulbasaur, the game is only boring because you have no friends queer
>>
>>37895816
This
>>
>>37896138
I-i picked bulbasaur
>>
>>37895732
I already wander around towns when I get bored sometimes.
>>
>>37896138
What's wrong with bulbasaur you fucking double nigger?
>>
>>37896131
According to the eggs I walked 17km yesterday

I want to complete the pokedex
>>
>>37896138
>not realizing charizard or turtok are completely and utter helpless against sleep powder

pleb

I actually made money as a kid betting other school kids my Lvl. 65 Venusaur would beat every team they could come up with

They would get so upset because i spammed sleep powder and mega drain that eventually one kid knocked out two of my teeth to get out of paying his debt after i killed his three mewtwos lol
>>
>>37895816
Pokemon will outlive you anon. Probably outlive most of us.
>>
>>37895732
My main reason for using pokemon go is saving on gas
Before
>I need to go downtown, I'll grab my car
Now
>I need to go downtown, I'll just walk and see if I run into any pokemon on the way
>>
>>37896194
How the fuck did he get three mewtwos?
>>
>>37896223
Autism
>>
>>37896232
Must be some powerful autism to get kids to trade their mewtwos. Unless he just bought three games I guess.
>>
>>37896280
>>37896232
>>37896223
>they don't know about the "old man glitch"
casuals.
>>
>>37895816
I give it three weeks before people stop playing
>>
>>37896194

>First gen GB meta
>In 2016

You're soft son, no wonder Chad beat your ass
>>
File: 1385160376992.png (6 KB, 419x249) Image search: [Google]
1385160376992.png
6 KB, 419x249
>>37896194
>turtok
Deutschlandbro?
>>
>>37896308
Nigger I was three when pokemon came out, I saw a cousin get missingno once and that was the extent of my glitch knowledge.
>>
>>37896009
TFW no dvisage
>>
>tfw can't play this because it uses mobile data and I pay by the gig

Another game for spoiled rich kids. Thanks jewgle. Also not a good idea to walk around a city holding your phone. Either you get hit by a car, or trip over something, or get robbed.

I already walk and bike commute so I get plenty of "exercise". Ever farmer carry groceries home one mile? Twice a week nigger.
>>
>>37896466
You sound very proud of being a poor proletarian
>>
>>37896223

Trade all your good pokemon, restart the game and get them back. Catch any number of legends. Also special attack and defence weren't split in 1st gen so mewtwo using amnesia and recover was invincible to everything except toxic (which gets reset to normal poison if you switch him out and back again). Ghost and bug attacks were good against psychic in gen 1, except there were precisely zero bug type attacks, just bug pokemon with poison and normal attacks. And no ghosts could stand up to the ludicrously high stats of mewtwo who was also super effective against them.

The only effective tactic was toxic + firespin and hope they didn't know to switch out or teach your own mewtwo ice beam and hope for a lucky freeze which never wore off in gen 1. Source: someone who played way too much pokemon blue in high school
>>
>>37896466
1 hour uses about 10 MB data
if you have 1 gig of data that's 100 hours gameplay
>>
>>37896482
But if he had to restart the game how did he keep his mewtwos he got from trade?
>>
>>37896223
Like everyxone did, with 2 gameboys and one of those cheap 3rd party gadgets for saving games.

Make savegame, trade mew/ mewtwo, load savegame, repeat.
>>
>>37896551
What is this fucking wizardry you speak of? I had a gameboy when everyone else was using gameboy advance's and we didnt even have the cable for trading until silver and gold came along.
>>
>>37896533
Before you restart trade anything you want to keep to a friends cartridge, then restart and catch a bunch or pidgeys and ratattas in your new game, get to the first town with a pokecentre that let's you trade then get your friend to trade all your previous games mewtwo and legendary birds etc back for the trash. This is also the only legit way to get enough pp to upgrade all your abilities to max use though everyone just used the missingno infinite item glitch.
>>
>>37895863
There's gotta be a level of irony to this.
>>
>>37896580
Oh. Imagine if the other guy wouldn't trade them back.
>>
>>37896570
Dunno, in the UK you could definitely get a link cable for the original grey brick gameboy. That reminds me that seeing my buddy play pokemon yellow on the gameboy colour blew my mind cause you could actually see health bars change colour from green to yellow to red as stuff got more injured. There really was nothing to do in the late 90s
>>
>>37896580
actually thats not even the real answer.
in the red/blue days (and even further i'm pretty sure but who knows) there was a trick where you could cut the power to your gameboy during the trade where you'd keep your pokemon and they'd get a copy of it.
i had that shit timed so well, so you'd basically duplicate it

and then yeah trade for trash or whatever later
>>
>>37896479

Not poor, just a cheapskate.

>>37896496

Alright, that sounds reasonable, I'll double check my price rates.
>>
>>37896570
It was a kind of cartridge you'd slot in between the gameboy and the game itself and you could make, I guess snapshots, and then later resume from that exact place.

Also, how the fuck did you not have cables for trading? I remember trading my sister pokemons when we were playing Red and Blue.
>>
>>37895885
cus it's true
>>
>>37896131
go home latent
>>
"This is the first time I've exercised in years and I feel great!"
"I'm finally going out and meeting people!"
"It's so great to disconnect and feel a true connection with other human beings!"

All within 1-2 weeks of the app being released...

Guaranteed 90% of these people will get bored and go back to their old routine within the month
>>
>>37895732
For real for real, I don't have any problem even with fatties who play this shit, I mean at least they don't pretend they are "losing" weight and waste their and others time in the gym at 400 lbs

Just let people have some fun, I am normally so fucking fed up with normie fads but this is just a childish game and a nice approach to not only get people walking but also seeing new stuff
>>
>>37896343
Warum heißt der Turtok? Turtle Cannon? Doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>37896597
I often wonder how the hell I passed the days before the internet.
>>37896613
They just wouldnt buy one for me. My fucking gameboy and playstation was second hand.
>>
I'm just waiting for reports of the first person to walk out into traffic and get killed by this app.

I mean fuck, we already had a car pileup because of this.
>>
I caught two Pokemon at planet fitness and named them Pizza and Bagel

>>37896711
>car pileup
Which state was that in?
>>
>>37896711
only the strongest will survive
>>
>>37895816
>tfw always thought pokemon was nerd after growing out of it
>>
>>37895732
why aren't you using pokemon go to get some sweet puss right now fit?
>permavirgins
>>
>>37895863

but cardio kills gains
>>
>>37895904
he would probably have big legs though

source: i used to be fat
>>
>>37895915
Nah ppl will stay fat
Every mile walked is a slice of pizza in the evening
They will feel righteous for going outside (as if that's a fucking novelty) thus excusing shitty eating behaviors

Once people get bored of it, they will just be either fatter or the same and continue to live unhealthy lives
>>
>>37896187
Thank god someone is keeping the phrase "double nigger" alive
>>
It should have a friends list tbf
>>
File: fixed.png (177 KB, 700x754) Image search: [Google]
fixed.png
177 KB, 700x754
>>37895863
>implying pokemon go will improve diet
Fixed it for you retard
>>
Walking doesn't cause hypertrophy. I hope everyone walks off a cliff with their faggot memes.
>>
>>37895732
this game was made by the japanese pedos to catch more girls like my daughter who escaped with 200,000 shekels of my earnings and who is now a dangerous psychopath murder suspect.
>>
>>37896131
>>37896694
I mean it's nice people are having fun but is it not pitiful that they require a walking sim on their phone to go outside?
>>
>>37896763
>sweet puss
>playing kids games
>>
File: 1466906535933.jpg (18 KB, 203x213) Image search: [Google]
1466906535933.jpg
18 KB, 203x213
Pokemon Go is GREAT for rucking and jogging.
>>
/fit/ doesn't get it

pokemon go is the new tinder or the anti tinder

finally you have an excuse to talk to girls outside.

this is your chance /fit/. you can finally do it. you can finally get a gf.
>>
>>37896798
Those types of people are doomed no matter what they do in life. This game might inspire an otherwise loser of a person to bridge the gap into a healthier lifestyle. The game is a harmless excuse at a fitness attempt that people will fail at, and it could possibly help just a few people transition into a healthier lifestyle.
>>
the mental age of adults has gone way down. back in the day stupid shit like pokemon was for literal children, not 20 something manbabies who treat their phones like a goddamn gameboy
>>
File: team-valor-cutout.png (369 KB, 1250x1355) Image search: [Google]
team-valor-cutout.png
369 KB, 1250x1355
>values strength and training
Why haven't you joined the /fit/ team?
>>
File: TEguNMM.gif (447 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
TEguNMM.gif
447 KB, 480x854
>>37896903
>>
>>37896844
It is, but at least it's getting people to try. It also serves as an ice breaker for autists to help with social gaines. I went to a park yesterday and literally everyone I passed was playing or talking about it. I was hunting a pinsir and two guys on a bench asked if I was looking for it because they saw me turn around. Next thing I know we're teamed up walking around looking for it laughing and having a good time. I've also met neighbors I never knew lived in my neighborhood all because of this game

>social gaines will be through the roof in no time
>>
>>37896882
>you can finally get a gf with pokemon
I dont believe you, it couldn't be true!
>>
>>37896924
>leader can't even figure out why Pokemon evolve
>>
>>37896882
>qt who knows nothing about pokemon and is playing for facebook attention
>uggo girl who actually knows about pokemon and is playing for fun
Pick one. There are no qts that actually know about pokemon.
>>
>>37896949
pokemon is the fad right now

girls all want to cash in on it for social fame. including qts
>>
>>37896949
>Implying there is anyone of a certain age who knows nothing about pokemon
>>
>>37896949
the qt, I don't really care about pokemon except the first gen
>>
Just wait for the fad to blow over.

I think it's fucking insane and weird that adults are spending their time doing this, but plenty play WoW for hours too, you just don't see them.
>>
>>37896991
Lot of people who are adults now grew up with pokemon.
>>
>>37897003
And? Everyone grew up with kids toys, it's only this generation where it's normal to keep playing with them.
>>
>>37897012
>no fun allowed
>>
>>37897012
Its only this generation where your toy gets carried around with you wherever you go at all times.
>>
I have a friend who is excited about this, saying she's "omg, getting so much exercise," and asking if I want to come for a walk with her once I get a new phone and this app. I said sure, thinking she'd be doing something good for herself for the first time in ages. Then, later, I get on the book of face to see her and her family eating ice cream at a shop nearby with a caption that said something like "the perfect way to unwind after a long day of catching pokemon." I should have said something. I will if she tries to stop for food when we walk together. Maybe I'll pack some healthy snacks and a spare bottle of water for her.
>>
>>37897012

I stopped playing video games pretty recently, moreso because my processor is a fucking brick. However, agree its weird to see adults actively seeking new locations for this shit minus just being places and pulling your phone out.
>>
File: cringe.png (490 KB, 738x678) Image search: [Google]
cringe.png
490 KB, 738x678
>>37896991
This. It is so cringe seeing people walking around my college campus late at night playing a children's game
>>
>>37895732
adult women much better than chasing japanesist pedo creatures yes?.
>>
>>37897039
I have on more than one occasion gone to college late in the day to steal toilet paper and/or check college emails.
>>
>>37897038
Its not that different from playing flappy birds or some shit.
>>
>>37897040
>that pic
Feels like reading Gaddis
>>
>>37897039
Oh I forgot being an adult means you can't have any fun. Thanks for the reminder anon. I guess professional body builders should be the only ones that lift either with that sort of thinking. I can understand not liking something, but why the hate?
>>
We need a pokemon lift to go with this.
>in order to catch arceus you have to dealift 300kg
Just think of all the huge people it would create
>>
File: 1407675714544.jpg (100 KB, 489x578) Image search: [Google]
1407675714544.jpg
100 KB, 489x578
>>37896131
I'm upset because adults need a children's franchise to have the motivation to take a fucking walk.
>>
>>37897076
No one says you can't have any fun. There are fun things to do as an adult that aren't playing kids games on your cell phone.
>>
>>37897078
It would legitimately cause some people to lift more. Probably cause people to injure themselves too.
>>
>>37897076
If you still find playing phone games fun while being over the age of 12 you're a retarded manchild that needs to get a clue
>>
>>37897094
Yeah you should only play adult games like Candy Crush or FarmVille.
>>
>>37897079
Yeah but they're doing it. Unlike some people who just sit and make excuses, they are actually moving. It wont fix much but it could lead to decreases in obesity in kids and adults. Just let them be weird with each other, at least they're getting some sun and walking around.
>>
>>37897100
Gota lift big to catch big C'MON
>>
>>37897078
snap city would become more populated
>>
>>37896317
KEK I seriously doubt it. So many people in their 20's have been playing pokemon since they were kids
>>
The thing is, if your local Gym doesn't have at least a MACHAMP its a shitty gym and you will never make it.
>>
>>37897100
>In the latest news from Nintendo's "Pokemon Lift"
>A 28 year old man has guillotined himself with over 300 lbs loaded onto a bench press. Reports suggest that the man was severely obese, had no exercise experience, and was heard saying before the accident "Just three reps to get MewTwo."
>>
>this app is not compatible with your device

Cut that addiction off preemptively.
>>
>>37896949
>thinking in absolutes
>making it

pick one
>>
>>37896882
No decent girl will be catch playing that
>>
>>37897111
Oh I'm sorry I must not have have big boy hobbies like you then! Go on tell me how much of a man you are and how much of an adult you are day to day that somehow involves you shitposting on a Peruvian bead trading collective.
>>
It sucks ass that whenever I go out with people or do anything now they'll just be staring at their phones even more than usual. Fuck this game.
>>
>>37897161
>owning a smartphone at all

Poorfag masterrace
>>
>>37896482
/vp/ is here
>>
File: obamapunny.gif (2 MB, 319x287) Image search: [Google]
obamapunny.gif
2 MB, 319x287
>>37895831

>Playing pokemongo

>doing cardio

You are fucking kidding me right?
>>
>go to campus
>have dog with you
>use pokemon app to find hotspot locations (gyms, lured pokespots)
>contain your spaghetti
I met 4 girls last night, got 2 numbers. Doggo and pokemans make this easier than shooting fish in barrels with an RPG
>>
>>37895732
>/fit/ always complaining about unfit people not doing any form of exercise
>People start doing exercise, even though the reason is a game
>/fit/ still complaining

you just like to complain about things don't you? This game has been pretty beneficial so far (aside from the retards not paying attention to where they're walking and getting hurt)

My girlfriend has depression and often times doesn't want to leave the house, aside from going to work. She usually does enjoy it when we go for walks, which I try to push on her, but I can see the lack of motivation or happiness some times. Now, In the past 3 days we walked over 20km (I know it's not so much but it's something), where she was the one asking to go for walks this time. She's been smiling and laughing a lot, and even on sunday she told me she felt satisfied with the week end and wasn't upset to be going back to work on monday. Just because the motivation comes from a game, it doesn't change anything when the outcome is so positive for people
>>
File: alphahobby.jpg (82 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
alphahobby.jpg
82 KB, 720x720
>>37897187
Some hobbies are less cringe than others beta boy
>>
>>37897234
Holy shit Obama is weak as fuck, how can you americucks elect someone like that?
>>
>>37897255
Drinking yourself to sleep every night?
>>
it's just some new gimmick that's going to die faster then it started, settle the fuck down nerds.
>>
>>37897255
>fucking smurfs
>not playing red scorpions
>>
>>37897294
>dying for a corpse
>not fighting for the greater good
>>
>>37897040
>completely nude picture
>completely incoherent and irrelevant novel for the text
Females i swear
>>
File: 1467930826553.png (272 KB, 844x763) Image search: [Google]
1467930826553.png
272 KB, 844x763
>>37897320
>unironically being a cuck who sympathizes with xeno causes
>>
>>37895885
>Getting triggered
That is strictly a tumblerina emotion
Nothing can rustle me ive seen some shit>>37895876
>>
>>37897276
I wonder if it'll drop off as quickly as those 2 wheel boards dropped off. I don't see anyone fucking with those things anymore
>>
>>37897140
I found a Krabby.
>>
All these betas not doing something they like because they think society cares kek.
>>
File: 1468037992412.jpg (113 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1468037992412.jpg
113 KB, 700x700
>>37897255
>Ranjeet
>smurfs
>shit army composition

The first Legion lauhgs at this foolishness.
>>
>>37897390
Whats that? I cant hear you over the sound of my riptides murdering all your dudes.
>>
File: Skyhammer Annihilation 3.jpg (279 KB, 1600x956) Image search: [Google]
Skyhammer Annihilation 3.jpg
279 KB, 1600x956
>>37897522
Say what?
>>
>>37895863
>>37895885
>>37896582
I'm gonna add it to my list of things I do to stay shredded.

>Wii Fit, Zumba, Pokémon GO and a very active sex life.
>>
>no Khorne

you fucking faggots
>>
>>37897557
What are those? Gauss guns?
>>
Tila sums up my feelings on this autistic bullshit in better words than I ever could
>>
>>37897569
Grav Cannons. The better armored the target, the harder they get fucked by Grav.
>>
>>37897620
She has a fine body on her. I do wonder how much is fake.
>>
>>37897620
>tila tequila
>being relevant ever
Pick one
>>
Gonna give this shit a month and then i'll start playing. normies have short attention spans
>>
can someone give me a quick rundown on why it's so popular?

isn't it just like that fucking pocket gameboy thing from 2001
>>
>>37897717
I literally have no idea how I ever heard of her but I did.
>>
>>37897742
If you went to middle school around 2006, you probably heard of her thanks to mouth breathing retards that watched MTV all day
>>
>>37897262
im getting into american politics and recently joined a party to help out my community. all i see are either skellys or beer guts. i live in a small town so 3 maybe 4 that are /fit/ enough. started strength training harder so I can be looked up to as a role model one day in an elected office.

one day anon we will have a /fit/ president.
>>
>>37897738
autism game where u just collect pokemon
>>
File: tequila1-jpg.jpg (45 KB, 637x279) Image search: [Google]
tequila1-jpg.jpg
45 KB, 637x279
>>37897717
If you honestly don't see how funny it is that a vietnamese(?) reality TV/porn star is now pretty much a professional shitposting neo-nazi twitter troll I feel sorry for you Tbh
>>
>>37897770
Not eve from america.
>>
>>37897800
I hope she needs money again fairly soon and does some more porn.
>>
>>37897837
Me too anon
>>
>>37897140
I thought about playing at the gym but I didn't want to interrupt my music or JEFIT. Also I was a little afraid of looking like a fucking moron desu.
Anyways I have the day off work today,
>go lift
>30 minutes of HIIT cardio
>going to local trail to catch some pokemon/some sun
>going swimming with a qt when they get out of work
>>
>>37897138
Yeah, but this isn't the same game PG is a boring game. Once something else comes along it will be forgotten. There is a reason you don't see people playing tap tap revenge or doodle jump anymore. These games die out quick.
>>
>>37897742
she was forced to be in your top 8 in myspace days
>>
File: 1455159024086.jpg (300 KB, 960x958) Image search: [Google]
1455159024086.jpg
300 KB, 960x958
>>37898301
>myspace days
>2008 was 10 years ago
>>
File: fucku&urpikmin.gif (2 MB, 636x357) Image search: [Google]
fucku&urpikmin.gif
2 MB, 636x357
>>37895732

Fiance and I take 7 mile walks at least 4 times a week.

Neither of us can get Pokemon Go, thanks be to cheap outdated phones.

>mfw all of the nerd crowds I used to run with are bitchin' over territory and facebook groups atm.
>>
>>37895732
I kind of made a joke FB status about how fit you can get from Go. Now it makes me sad to see people saying the same thing but not joking. They think walking actually counts as a workout
>>
>>37895863
>Not lifting with your machamp gymbro
>Making it
>>
>>37895863

Even his fucking phone gets smaller top lel
>>
>>37896466
>>37896607
You can download the google map for your area over wifi beforehand to conserve even more data
>>
>>37895805

Apparently you get something for distance traveled in Pokemon go.

I'm thinking of starting a service where I'll carry their Pokemon on my 5k runs. I'm running anyways, make some side money wouldn't be so bad.
>>
The minute WOTC puts out a Magic The Gathering iteration of this shit I'm going to stop lifting and go full cardiobro, can't wait. Pls let this happen.
>>
>>37897253

good post.

Also I used "seeing if the mail has come yet" 4 times today as an excuse to sling my balls around at pretend monsters. No shame.
>>
File: pokemon pedo.jpg (21 KB, 552x310) Image search: [Google]
pokemon pedo.jpg
21 KB, 552x310
>>37896882
Well, not really.
>>
File: FITGOTTOLD.jpg (47 KB, 700x714) Image search: [Google]
FITGOTTOLD.jpg
47 KB, 700x714
LOL
>>
>>37896822
>increasing calories out while sustaining calories in will lead to a status quo

how did this thought come to be?
>>
>>37897235
>tfw no dog
>tfw have no interest in playing pokemon go

Can't afford a dog or have one in my apartment/not the right time. I played pokemon when I was younger too.
>>
>>37900058
being poor should be a crime desu
>>
>>37896877

>rucking

fuck off, do you live downtown and chop wood on the weekends also?
>>
>>37896882
Have you tried socializing through pokemon?
People just say hi and want to continue on with their day. There is no social interaction with the game, if they added a battle mode that would pop up a exclamation point on their screen and make people battle that would be cool.
>>
whenever my buddies who play bring up how "healthy" playing pokemon go is i roast them over how shit shape they're in.
>>
>>37899462
This is genius!
>>
Why is /fit/ so salty about this game?
You guys make threads dedicated to hating fatties but when some company makes neckbeards take daily walks you complain about that as well?
It's not everything but it's great that these fatasses voluntarily leave the house to go on walks. Who knows, they might decide to hit the gym later on.
>>
File: imtheshit.png (100 KB, 439x483) Image search: [Google]
imtheshit.png
100 KB, 439x483
i walked 20 km because of this game today, got a 1600 cal deficit
>>
>>37896194
Not admitting Swampert was the master race Pokemon.
>>
>>37896882
Pokémon go is the grindr of the 2010s, calling it now
>>
>>37899939
guy is walking a lot more, comes back hungrier than usual, eats more food

fat asses still gun be fat asses.
>>
>>37895732
You really have no life if you play this game. I mean, who has the time to go outside and find fuckin Pokémons? Even in your spare time, you can't find anything productive to do? This shit is for kids and you got ADULTS round here acting like little ass kids. Smh.
>>
>>37901933
I just use it when I'm going outside (To the gym, to buy groceries, to meet some friends).
>>
Tfw my friend who can squat a decent amount but never gets any cardio other than cycling 2km to class is complaining about his sore legs from walking
>>
>>37899462
Some people are already doing this. You pay them and they'll drive you around slowly enough that the game thinks you're walking.
>>
>>37901948
I can understand that. But seeing this a reason to force people to step outside is sad when you think about it. Social media has fucked this world so hard bruh.
>>
>>37895732
For kids it makes all the difference though. They don't need to move much to feel healthy and a 20 years of sitting catches up to them.
>>
I met more girls playing this game at school in 2 days than all my previous 3 semesters combined

bless this game
>>
>>37902249
>school
>mid july
?
>>
>>37902249
That's sad lmfao. But good for you.
>>
>>37902253
Not him but summer classes...
>>
>>37900115
I have a battery pack that I carry around in my backpack with 2 USB ports. when I hit up a qt playing Pokemon she inevitably tells me how she's low on battery and I offer her a hook up and she has to follow me around for the battery power
>>
>>37895732
Were you born older than your grandparents? You act like it.

Fuck yeah game developers have made a way to get people outside and moving. I hope more companies can innovate on the same model.
>>
File: 1465082063880.jpg (68 KB, 526x400) Image search: [Google]
1465082063880.jpg
68 KB, 526x400
>>37902273
truly a devilish deed
>>
>>37902261
not really , I'm in software so it's 95% guys in my classes. but through the power of Pokemon I can easily chat up the girls in other programs
>>
>>37902282
and then you just pretend you don't know much about Pokemon and tease her whenever she geeks out. this shit is so easy it should be illegal . I literally spent my entire afternoon today running around campus with some qt
>>
>>37896822
Should've made his cloths all sweaty
>>
I made some qts excited when I told them there was a pikachu down the street.
>>
Does cycling work? I cycle for my courier job and cover a good distance over the course of a 6 hour shift. If it works I may try carrying phones for a fee.
>>
>>37902777
Sorta. Screen has to be kept on, app open, and you can't go over a certain speed.

I went for a 8 mile trail ride today and it only ticked .8km, but this seems to vary wildly by person.
>>
>>37902777
you actually have to play the game while traveling around

the only thing you could do while not paying attention is trying to hatch their eggs and even that's iffy because you need the game to be running constantly
>>
>>37896131
That's exactly why I'm pissed. If everyone is fit then no one is fit. I like to feel better about myself by comparing myself to those lesser than me.

Fuck you.
>>
>>37896882
But can i get a shiny gf?
>>
File: 82869190.jpg (72 KB, 664x370) Image search: [Google]
82869190.jpg
72 KB, 664x370
>>37897789
one day
>>
>>37896882
>gf
>implying I'm not some fugly skinnyfat piece of shit who hates everything because 4chan turned me into a judgemental douchebag
;_;
>>
>>37897038
>minus just being places and pulling your phone out.
that's not optimal at all and why people quit games after playing them for a few days
>>
>>37895732

I haven't seen anybody really 'taking a walk." Just groups of idiots standing around in a field or park staring at their goddamn fones. i want to run up and push them over and see if they even realize what just happened to them.
>>
>>37902306
>>37902273
A B S O L U T E L Y
H E R E T I C A L
>>
>>37902000
T-that is just sad.
>>
>>37895732
Pokemon go hasn't really mad me more active, but it has made me more social. Now instead of staying inside and reading a book, I go to the town square and catch mons while reading
>>
>>37896482
Twineedle existed in Gen I, you chode
>>
>>37896208
This, times 50 million americans tho
Thats what? Fifty million miles that weren't walked before? Thats a lot.
>>
>>37903622
That doesnt make you more social
>>
>became an alcohol and stopped caring about most things including having the urge to follow these little faggot trends

feels good man
>>
>>37904692
>became an alcohol
>an alcohol
>an
>>
>>37904721
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ULAs_xUc_I
>>
>>37904773
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ0-JcAi-lE
>>
Pokemon GO actually dropped at a perfect time for me. I was already 20 pounds down from 290 (intermittent fasting, bodyweight training) when it came out. Now I've added a 1.5-2 mile run to my work out because Pokemon GO actually makes it fun, it gives me a little bit of motivation to get outside and go for a jog. Not to say that I 'need' Pokemon to go for a run, but it definitely makes it more enjoyable, and it's kind of an incentive.

I think you're just upset because you're an old soul and you think it's a problem that people need to be motivated by cell phone games to go outside.

I kind of agree to a certain extent, but bitching about it on /fit/ isn't going to change anybody's opinions, not to mention there's been multiple threads like this one for the past week.
>>
I walked 10km today playing the game. I got an obese friend that has walked 20km, he loves pokemon so much he actually staring walking.
>>
>>37900453
i've had a 1500 cal deficit for the last 3 months and lost only muscle coz i was already thin.

take that
>>
>>37897138
>MUH BOGEEMON
Gen X, everybody.
>>
>>37904692
And even you hand't become an alcohol, things like this would always be little faggot trends.
>>
>>37905377
he should be lifting weights, not walking.
>>
>>37899939
>implying that the fatass wasnt overeating anyway so any form of activity is negligible
>>
>>37895816
seriously.
i've seen a pokemon thread on every board i've been on tonight.
someone is shilling this game fucking hard.
>>
>>37895732
>been walking outside, 1 hour each day, for 2 years now
>because of some article that walking helps to decrease the alzheimer chances, while also making you more creative

I am amazed that a faggy game is more important to people than their own health. It took even so little for me to start walking and I dont even really hugely like it.

I was right to call these pokefaggots a bunch of losers in real life. I shall do so again.
>>
>>37896882
>go outside for a bit and find one of them hotspots
>landwhales and uglies everywhere

nope dude
>>
File: unnamed.png (388 KB, 412x659) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
388 KB, 412x659
But it isn't novel, I already did it for 5 years until I got bored of it.
>>
>>37905681
>>been walking outside, 1 hour each day, for 2 years now
>>because of some article that walking helps to decrease the alzheimer chances, while also making you more creative
>I am amazed that a faggy game is more important to people than their own health. It took even so little for me to start walking and I dont even really hugely like it.

Are you sure they're the losers, anon? Walking an hour each day because of old wives tales makes you sound like a child...
>>
>>37903501
>"Haha mom I showed them I wish I had friends :("
>>
>>37905848
No because of research on alzheimers anon. Also some research on creativity.

In the past humans used to walk 9km each day on average. So there are consequences to your body if you do not do that.

Plus it also lowers your resting heart rate.

So its extremely healthy, and necessary for the proper functioning of a real human bean.
>>
>>37899462
that sounds like a great way to steal phones
>>
>>37905879
lowering your resting heart rate by itself isn't that great; it's why so many marathon runners get blood clots on airplanes
>>
>>37897033
Why do you even have "friends" like that, if you want to fuck just ask her for a date and if she says yes, go for it. I couldn't surround myself with people this stupid and ignorant
>>
>>37895732
You really shouldn't care about what other people do so much.

That being said

MOVE OUT OF MY WAY WHEN I'M RUNNING JESUS CHRIST
>>
>>37897502
Are people like you actively trying to make up reasons for their persecution? Are you a fucking jew? Literally everyone and their mother is playing this piece of crap yet the only time a girl has even heard of Pokemon was when she was 10 and she was laughing at her younger beta brother with her friends at his cards.
>>
>>37905495
He should be eating less not lifting
>>
File: wew.jpg (133 KB, 596x593) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
133 KB, 596x593
>>37895863
>>
>>37895732
Yea, it's annoying. This front page Reddit posts annoyed me to no end.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4s628f/first_day_trying_pokemon_go/

As if walking down the street should ever strain your legs unless you're actually physically disabled.. Pathetic lardos.
>>
>>37905697
That's like saying you've already experienced VR because you owned a Virtual Boy.
>>
I enjoy it for now. I go to parks to be in nature, so now I can be in nature and throw my balls around a bit too. I'm sure the novelty will wear off soon and I'll get rid of it. Has no negative effect on my day to day life so I don't see the need to get all anally blasted over it.
>>
no thx im too tired from playing tennis.
whole concept seems boring. walking to catch pokemon? i can't fight anybody
yawn
>>
>>37902253
UK schools don't kick out until next week and don't go back until September
>>
>>37902801
My gf rides shotgun in my car catching pokes and drive-by pokestops. As long as she's actively playing, every mile counts towards an egg. Niantic fucked up.
>>
>>37907461
nah, if you go faster than 12mph, it doesn't count towards hatching.
>>
File: 1466130369547.jpg (29 KB, 465x437) Image search: [Google]
1466130369547.jpg
29 KB, 465x437
>>37897789
didn't you cucks already get rosevelt?
>>
File: 1466687596432.gif (439 KB, 300x188) Image search: [Google]
1466687596432.gif
439 KB, 300x188
>>37902818
>tfw might have to cultivate a legitimate personality
>tfw might have to find a sense of self-worth that comes from something other than sick gainz
>f-fuck you senpai
>>
>>37907346
Battles between trainers are coming in an update, and you can already battle 'mon that are holding gyms.
>>
It helps the fatties get out and move, gives them at least a weak motivation. Maybe it changes a few lives.

Who gives a fuck, just let them brag. They'll either stop, keep going for themselves or play behind the wheel and die.
>>
My hobby is masturbating to JAV.
>>
>>37899462
It would only work with your friend that trust you walk run around with their phones. Be aware that their phones have to have the app turned on while you jog/run/bike. Also find a way to keep their phones cooled, in the Florida weather my body heat+the sun overheats my phone after 2 hours, but that doesn't sound too bad.
>>
Hey guys, representing /fit/ on my pokemon go quests!!! i have found cardio to be much more enjoyable now with this app, i even jog at night. haha heres just some footage of me doing a avventure :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW8wAhAg85M&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>37909381
fucking hell man
>>
>>37908716

Same here bro

Yui hatano is my JAVfu
>>
File: 1468040206188.jpg (65 KB, 554x476) Image search: [Google]
1468040206188.jpg
65 KB, 554x476
>>37909381
Fucking disgusting
>>
>>37896187
>>37896149
He is the most common to find squirtle is the second at least for me, i've already found 3 or 4 of each but haven't seen a charmander yet
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.