[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok /fit/ I got a question. Let me start off that I'm a fat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: bg_beer.jpg (290 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
bg_beer.jpg
290 KB, 2560x1600
Ok /fit/ I got a question. Let me start off that I'm a fat guy but I'm actually trying to change that. I've been going to the gym 4 times a week for 5 weeks now. I'm also on a low carb, no sugar, no soft drink diet. So far so good. But I feel that I'm not loosing weight and fat fast enough. Currently I've lost 4kg. Now me and my friend always have a beer right after the workout. Does this impact my weight loss? Should I stop having that beer. What else can I do to burn even more fat? Thank you for any kind of info.
>>
>>37894051
Just drink good non alcoholic beer.
>>
>I'm also on a low carb, no sugar, no soft drink diet.
Great going, lose all your muscle and develop diabetes at the same time. What could go wrong.
>>
>>37894051
Of course it will, look up how many calories in a beer and that's how much you're taking in. Also lots from carbs, not to mention the strange energetics of alcohol metabolism. Limit alcohol intake fatass
>>
>>37894051
Beer is not evil. You can have one beer a day without much problem as long you keep your total calorie count controlled.

Just understand that alcohol has calories and beer has a lot of sugars in it.
>>
If the beers necessary just weigh your food and make room for that beer in your calories
>>
>>37894091

Calories from alcohol aren't metabolised like other calories retard, I was only 185lbs and drinking 12 beers a day at one point.
>>
>>37894082
wait how will I get diabetes from eating NO SUGAR ? Well I do get some sugar from fruits and stuff.
>>
>>37894051
4kg in 5 weeks is a good rate of fatloss, just don't slow down and you'll drop over 20kg in half a year. 4 beers a week isn't that much, don't bother.
>>
>>37894115
Sugar does not cause diabetes.
Dietary fat, especially saturated fat, causes diabetes.

Sugar does not cause diabetes. Print it out and hang it on your wall.

I honestly wasn't aware how many people believe blatant industry disinfo like "sugar causes diabetes".

People with diabetes have problems regulating their blood sugar. Dietary sugar raises blood sugar. This does not mean that increases in blood sugar cause diabetes. That is invalid logic. Healthy people do not have problems regulating their blood sugar.
>>
>>37894136
But how will I get diabetus. My diet consits of mainly chicken and fish + fresh vegetables and fruits like bananas and cherries and the like. I've simply stoped eating candy and drinking sprite/coke etc. How is this diet wrong ?
>>
>>37894136
Except you are also wrong...
>>
>>37894136
is this how pseudoscience hatches?

you are filthily wrong. sugar is a major cause of diabetes.

overload your system with sugar, high enough and long enough, and your sugar regulating controls start failing. that is diabetes in a nutshell.
>>
>>37894152
You said low-carb. If you're not eating enough carbs, your energy intake has to come from somewhere else, either protein or fat. Since there are several limits to protein (financial, dietary, metabolic), low-carb typically implies high-fat and high in animal products.
>>
Doesn't alcohol inhibit protein sythnesis? but at the end of the day, it dehydratse you causing you to lose vital minerals, it depletes vitamins and also causes you to have disruptive sleep, it really isn't a good idea if you want to be at your peak. Alcohol is a poison that your body has to deal with.
>>
>>37894163
>>37894155
Show me the studies? Show me the case studies at least, maybe a documentary or at least a YouTube video?

I can show you a bunch of studies. Here's just one, fatties on a 45% refined sugar diet. Cholesterol down, triglycerides down, fasting insulin down, blood pressure down, mood improved.
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/14121677_Metabolic_and_behavioral_effects_of_a_high-sucrose_diet_during_weight_loss

And here's a case study, BBC documentary Sugar vs. Fat. Identical twin A on high-fat diet is prediabetic after 4 weeks, muscle mass down. Identical twin B on high-sugar diet, fasting insulin down, fat mass down, cholesterol down, triglycerides down.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1amh2t_bbc-horizon-sugar-v-fat-h264-1280x720-aac-rmac_lifestyle
>>
>>37894166
So by this logic, keto will make you diabetic?
>>
>>37894136
>Sugar does not cause diabetes.

constanza.jpg
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.