[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have serious forearm pain after barbel curls. How can i prevent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: bbcurl.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bbcurl.jpg
76 KB, 1280x720
I have serious forearm pain after barbel curls.

How can i prevent this? Is switching to dumbbells the only option?
>>
>>37883651
switch to dumbbells and cables
>>
>>37883651
do not use the barbell. use ez bar.
>>
go lighter and keep at it, the pain will go away.
other options are EZ-bars and DBs, when using DBs, work on your hand supination.

easiest option imo is to just stick to BB with a lighter weight.
>>
>>37883705
i'm already using EZ bar. Should i do narrow or wide grip?
>>
>>37883651
Its probably your wrist position/the way you grip the bar. Make sure your wrists are neutral and rigid. Also, make sure you squeeze your bis properly with each rep. A lot of the time people just perform the movement without actually focusing specifically on the muscle group they're targeting
>>
>>37883651

it's because your forearms are shit and you need some proper training first

had the same problem when I started since I have babby forearm bones (genetics a shit)

related question though. everytime after a proper bicep workout, I get cramps when I bend my arms. is that shit normal?
>>
>>37883651
dont clench your hands to tight
>>
>>37883723
just lower the weight
>>
>>37883873
>>37883818
>>37883933
>>37884358
>>37883723
>>37883714
>>37883705

all wrong

>>37883659
this.
when you do curls with a bb, your wrists and hands are in a locked position.

But guess what? When doing the curl motion, your wrists actually turn and move around, but they cant because they are locked in a fix position to your bb.

That means, your forearms/wrists/hands whatever, cant escape this pressure, and therefore you have pain.

I had this gay ass pain in my forearm for 6 months until i swtiched to DB curls only.

Yeah sure, you may get used to it, but why the fuck go through this? DB curls are just as good.
>>
File: sady.png (4 KB, 344x171) Image search: [Google]
sady.png
4 KB, 344x171
>not doing reverse bb curls instead

nt gna mk it
>>
>>37884413
because you can lift way more with bb
>>
>>37884477
>oh my
>>
Every post in this thread is retarded.

If you gain more strength in your biceps than your forarms can keep up with (the bones in your forarm not the muscles) you will get pain due to the stress being placed on the bone in your forearm. The fulcrum causes pain. Just imagine your forarms snapping in half during a curl. That's the stress that's causing pain. Go lighter, more reps. Problem gone.
>>
These fucking answers...

If you have tendon inflammation, almost any type of curl will hurt your forearms. This is caused by you gripping the bar/dumbbell too hard, or with an incorrect grip, or because underdeveloped forearms, or simply going too heavy. Only solution to inflammation is to stay away from curling for a while.

If you want to keep using barbell, you have to stop grabbing the bar so hard. Try using very light weight, go for higher reps and let your wrist bend backwards a bit, this removes some of the forearm from the exercise.

EZ-bar is better for your wrist/forearm but a bit worse for bicep development since no supination can occur at the top, while it can with a wide grip with a barbell. Dumbbell curls should theoratically be most optimal since you can get supination at the bottom and the top.

Preacher curls machine usually doesn't hurt because there's nothing pressing down on your wrist at the top of the movement, same thing with hammer curls.
>>
>>37886219
>Just imagine your forarms snapping in half during a curl
pls no
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.