[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Side Bends / Oblique Exercises
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: side bend.jpg (101 KB, 850x567) Image search: [Google]
side bend.jpg
101 KB, 850x567
What do you call this exercise? I call them side bends. This is the only thing I do for obliques right now, since I'm already accustomed to standing around holding a dumbbell at my side. I don't care for doing hundreds of twisting crunches, and side bends with heavy weight also help strengthen forearms.

What's /fit/'s experience with this exercise? Any other oblique exercises you can recommend?
>>
the best oblique exercise get a resistance band attach to side of rack hold the other end and turn your torso. do this each side to failure and repeat as many times as you want. this shit shreds the fuck out of your obliques and all pro athletes do them.
>>
>>37874606

you mean like side twists?
>>
>>37874606
Sounds like woodchoppers
>>
>>37874606
just use the side twitch oblique machine
>>
>>37874745
>>37875842
>>37875852
sure dude
>>
File: pallof-press-front-view1.jpg (59 KB, 606x327) Image search: [Google]
pallof-press-front-view1.jpg
59 KB, 606x327
>>37874422
I'm a fan of pallof presses. They make you feel stable as hell and will work your obliques pretty well. I use cables, like pic related.
>>
>>37874422
Your spine isn't intended to bend sideways very much, let alone with extra weight. Side bends will fuck up your back. Not only that, but your obliques are designed to support you and hold you up, not move your body up and down sideways over and over

>rip spine
>>
>>37874422
This exercise is the biggest bro science bull shit ever. It works the muscles in your lower back, not your obliques
>>
>>37877176

This look interesting, but wouldn't they tire out your arms first? Before I fixed my wood chopper form, those tired my arms out pretty quick.

This looks like a triceps exercise
>>
>>37877176

I'm this guy
>>37878012
These presses are surprisingly good! They fuck with my bad shoulder a bit, but they work obliques surprisingly well
>>
>>37874422
A waste of time.
>>
>>37877779
Guy has a point. The muscles aren't aligned to go sideways like that, rather more in a twisting motion.
I do a lot of oblique cable twists to work my abs.
>>
>>37874422
I like hanging windshield wipers. Pause at the 90ยบ and at the vertical position each time.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.