[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Calories determine your weight. That's just reality, I get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1465513889632.jpg (22 KB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
1465513889632.jpg
22 KB, 426x240
Calories determine your weight. That's just reality, I get it.

...But what determines your body fat percentage?
>>
File: final-form-manatee.jpg (42 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
final-form-manatee.jpg
42 KB, 500x335
bump
>>
>>37854846
Exercise (pretty much any)
Protein intake, to an extent
>>
>>37854846
Calories.

Thanks for stopping by.
>>
>>37854846
Calorie partitioning.
>>
A lot of things really. If you did 0 physical activity as a kid/teenager you will most likely have more fat than muscle, because you grew and gained weight in those years. Also if you lost weight without lifting/using your muscles you sure lost a lot of muscle along with that fat. If you didn't eat enough protein when growing/exercising or when losing weight. Insulin sensibility has something to do with the fat/muscle ratio you lose when dropping weight.
>>
Hormone levels (by extension fat and carb intake), exercise, protein intake, water intake
>>
>>37855325
Well yes, but what determines that?
>>
>>37855355
Hormones. Mainly testosterone and cortisol.
>>
>>37855337
I forgot, once you start physical activity, let's suppose lifting, it's only a matter of gaining and losing weight.
That's the reason behind bulking and cutting, just to change body composition.
If you weight 170lbs with little muscle then bulk for a year til idk 190lbs, when you drop down to 170 you will not look the same despite being the same weight
>>
>>37855345
This. Why does no one else on here realise that your growth hormones are the difference between gaining fat or growing muscle after eating. It's why men gain weight in their thirties despite not changing their diety and exercise regime. It's the reason young people can sleep naked while late twenties and over you'll feel cold if you do. Reminder that anabolic steroids are synthetic hormones
>>
>>37855345
how to increase hormones without juicing?
>>
>>37855502
Drink less alcohol, get more sleep
>>
>>37855502
exercise, rest, carb cycling, protein, saturated fat, magnesium, selenium, vitamin D

lots of shit.
>>
>>37854846
how often you fap. Think about it, only fat neckbeards fap all day and have high bodyfat percentage. Chad doesn't fap he fucks real women, as a result he is low bf %.
>>
>>37855523
>>37855533
thx, im gonna make it now
>>
File: 1463174061036.jpg (23 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1463174061036.jpg
23 KB, 600x450
>>37854846
is there a bigger version of the right pic no homo heheh
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.