[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If i i have only low weight dumbbells around me for some time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 294892489284924.jpg (159 KB, 1001x1001) Image search: [Google]
294892489284924.jpg
159 KB, 1001x1001
If i i have only low weight dumbbells around me for some time will adding reps make it the same as using higher weight dumbbells or nah?

I feel the ones i have are a bit too light for my taste but i cant go and get new ones for now
>>
> get a fucking job

> buy them

Or you could an hero
>>
It will tone your muscles but won't add as much bulk
>>
>>37850833
bbyb8
>>
Depending on their weight more reps could be done to volume for some mild hypertophic gains and jack all strength gains - and in theory it may even mess up your future strength gains by building up muscle that's good for endurance and lousy for strength.

Then again once you get used to the weight they'll be useless for everything.
>>
>>37850833
Great, I was looking to get toned anyway for when school starts this september. You think I can tone up 40ish lbs by thwn? I'm 250lbs right now and my goal weight is 210, chubby yet toned.
>>
>>37850808
increasing reps will increase the "volume"
increasing weight will also increase volume

In general, increasing volume will net you gains, but often that is only the case if you increase BOTH weight and reps, in an approriate ratio.
>>
>>37850872
It's a troll. These won't do anything
>>
>>37850872
Make sure you do cardio as well. Cardio will make your body shed masses of weight, especially if you're already a heavyset person.
>>
>>37850863
Is this a troll or are there seriously 2 types of muscle
>>
>>37850929
Not trolling at all. Look up "fast twitch slow twich" and read how each are developed by different exercises with different amounts of resistance.
>>
>>37850808

READ
THE
FUCKING

Ditch those garbage soccer mom dumbbells and just go to your local park and work around doing dips, pull ups and such.

Also change your diet. You won't get rid of any excess fat just by doing garbage at home exercise routines. The most important aspect to you losing fat is proper nutrition.

>>37850863

Don't listen to this retard. Your dumbbells won't do jackshit at 5lbs each
>>
Anything more than 15 reps is just cardio.
>>
>>37850808
Practice squatting on them . You will need to be naked and will learn the term ass to grass. The burn will be great at first but just wait till you can put a 20kg kettlebell up your sphincter . Its glorious anon glorious
>>
>>37850872
>>37850833
Jesus Christ.
>>37850808
Sorry, it appears you have made a post in failure to read the posted article beforehand.

Refrain from committing similar infractions in the future.
>>
>>37850973
Any good article? I only find greatist mensfitness tier crap
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.