[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit pls help My girlfriend recently joined gym and I tried
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
/fit pls help

My girlfriend recently joined gym and I tried to start her on SL 5x5 with me. However she isn't strong enough to squat/bench etc the bar with no plates.

Any suggestions on routines using dumbbells maybe that she could do to attain enough strength for SL 5x5???

Pic semi related. She looks kind of like the girl in the picture.
>>
what about the same routine but with dumbbells? start with whatever weight she can use and at 10kg switch to the bar. you in aus by any chance?
>>
>>37823410
yea, use dumbbells to get her up to 45lbs, you dumb fuck. she can use 10lb dumbbells and do the same movements as you would with a fucking barbell. you fucking Mook.

also, your girlfriend doesn't look anything like that you fucking liar
>>
>>37823410
Start with dumbbells. And try starting with box squats as well and watch her form to make sure she's sitting back correctly.
>>
>>37823410
dumbbells for bench

goblet squats or leg press for squats
>>
>>37823410
Some gyms have fixed bars less than 20kg

Or just use dumbells for bench
And dumbell lunges in addition to body weight squats
>>
>>37823651
yeah aus. How'd you guess?
>>
>>37823707
i know someone who might be you
>>
>>37823652
>>37823661
>>37823675
>>37823681
thought so, cheers guys. But what about for barbell rows. Wouldn't it look stupid using dumbbells for this?

>>37823722
What's your first name?
>>
>>37823743
Do seated rows on a machine
But with weights
Not a cardio rowing machine
>>
>>37823743
tom
SS is similar enough and you do pullups instead for back. some places have an assisted pullup machine. dumbbell rows are a thing though
>>
>>37823774
>>37823762
Don't know a Tom. I live in central Queensland. Cheers for the advice guys. This should be enough
>>
>>37823811
you might also want to read the sticky cause you don't know dick about dick and you are probably going to hurt your "girlfriend" by giving her fuckboi advice
>>
>>37823834
>>37823652
Do everyone a favour by finding the nearest cliff and jumping off.
>>
File: 1455406686025.jpg (134 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1455406686025.jpg
134 KB, 1024x768
>>37823774
stop it tom
>>
>>37823862
maybe it's you
>>
I think this thing with girls is all in their head. I can't imagine a grown female, even a super skinny one, LITERALLY not able to move 45lbs using both hands.

Like, standing a few feet from a dining table and doing a pushup probably takes 45lbs of force. Are these girls able to push themselves out of bed in the morning?

I think it comes from decades of "lifting weights is for boys" and they just have no concept of that it feels like to have some resistance.

It's gotta be mental.
>>
>>37824285
Yeah i also find it really hard to believe that a healthy adult female cant lift 45lbs. Even if you are really skinny that should be your upper body's weight that is if she is short too.

Maybe OHP but squatting or benching?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.