[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for a road bike to start endurance/cycle training. It'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
Looking for a road bike to start endurance/cycle training. It'll be my first bike so I don't need anything to spectacular. But the guy at the shop said a road bike is a waste of time because they are race bikes with the intention of going as fast as possible with the least amount of effort. He said i just need something heavy... but he was also a know it all douche and most know it all douches actually know nothing ive found in most cases. Any one with experience that can help?
>>
>>37819657
youll get actual help on /n/ anonito
>>
don't go full road bike. go cyclocross. you won't be riding on forgiving pavements and the wheels can provide you what you need along with durability.
>>
File: 1461329255003.jpg (48 KB, 253x229) Image search: [Google]
1461329255003.jpg
48 KB, 253x229
say goodbye to your erections, or at least get a noseless saddle
>>
>>37819684
>>37819689
Alright thanks ill keep looking for sure

>>37819693
Haha yea i always thought those things would be murder on the dick. Even messing around on my friends BMX bikes when I was younger fucked my shit up like hurt to piss kind of shit fucking.
>>
File: cervelo-s3.jpg (163 KB, 960x480) Image search: [Google]
cervelo-s3.jpg
163 KB, 960x480
>>37819657
Are you a dentist?
>>
>>37819657

this guy >>37819689

has got it right.

you're a filthy casual, don't get a straight up road bike

DO get a cyclocross
thicker, more grippy tires = less chance of bailing a corner
disc brakes = stop on a fucking dime (but learn how to brake properly first)
wider tires = take it light off roading if you need to, eg grass, gravel etc

and with drop bars, you'll still be flying faster than a 90's mountain bike beater

trus me daddy
>>
Price range? Country of residence?
>>
get a meh bike off of craigslist, learn how to work on it, then get a nicer bike, repeat
>>
>>37819657
got to bikesdirect online, don't ever buy from a local bike shop unless they have some sort of super sale, no matter whether you go with a hybrid or road bike, bikesdirect brosky
>>
>>37820647
I bought one from them. It's great.

If you are super lazy just have them assemble it.
>>
Get something like a trek fx.

Also that store guy was a dumbass. The faster you go the less broing the ride is = you'll be willing to exercise. The effort expended is entirely on your part. Get a bike computer that has crank cadence, keep that shit 70+ rpm
>>
>>37820243
>>37819689
I got a giant escape 3 from finish line for awhile which is a hybrid and I'm ready to upgrade. What cyclo cross bikes are recommended?
>>
File: KB550000_1.jpg (171 KB, 1000x755) Image search: [Google]
KB550000_1.jpg
171 KB, 1000x755
I just ordered a Koga F3 5.0

I cant fucking wait for this bike, so excited.
>>
>>37821659
Good choice anon

I own like 15 bicycles myself
>>
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
get a hybrid same weight as a road bike but more comfortable and cheaper you gona hate those rutted roads with a road bike. i've cycled many a mile and unless your racing you don't need a road bike
>>
>>37820017
??
>>
>>37821659
>>37821691

forgot we're not on /n/
i miss that place
>>
>>37821659
if you take it out and lock it up, watch out for your accessories being easily taken off.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.