[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>He fell for the "shower every day meme" It causes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 566.jpg (111 KB, 1080x1349) Image search: [Google]
566.jpg
111 KB, 1080x1349
>He fell for the "shower every day meme"

It causes your body to dry out, and then produce more oil than you naturally do. Which forces you to shower more. Trapping you in a cycle of over washing.

It varies somewhat, but you can be clean by bathing as little as twice a week.

1. Replace all your harsh soaps with stuff that's milder and better for your skin. You probably don't want to cowash but at least change to a sulphate-free shampoo. Invest in a good conditioner.

2. When you get out of the shower, apply moisturizer while you skin is still damp (not soaking. Dry yourself a bit.)

3. If you don't use one already, make sure your deodorant contains an antiperspirant. Apply before you go to bed in addition to in the morning (and after you bathe).

4. You will still have to wash your face daily. I recommend washing with just water and applying moisturizer in the morning, and then a mild cleanser and moisturizer before bed.

5. Your skin and hair will have to adjust. Don't jump in the shower as soon as you get greasy. Maybe plan your non-shower days for when you don't have to go out.
>>
>is against showering every day
>is for antiperspirant

what the fuck?
>>
File: 1672928.jpg (31 KB, 590x407) Image search: [Google]
1672928.jpg
31 KB, 590x407
>>37812727
See this? This is soap made from natural materials in the old-fashioned, time-honored way, and it will NOT dry you out if you shower with it daily.

The problem you all have is using the chemical-lab made 'soap' they sell for cheap, which is really more a 'detergent' and is too harsh, too good at stripping everything from your skin, which is why so many of them put artificial 'moisturizers' in with it, otherwise everyone would be walking around with full-body cases of dermatitis from over-dry skin, like sun-cured leather. Use a natural soap like pic related and you can shower TWICE a day with no problems.

You're welcome.
>>
>>37812791
>not using antiperspirant

you want to smell like shit all day?
>>
>>37812817
no, that's why i use deodorant.
>>
File: emmas_first_date.jpg (103 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
emmas_first_date.jpg
103 KB, 1024x768
>he fell for the emma roberts meme
>>
>>37812727
All that text and not a single source, typical
>>
>>37812825
non-antiperspirant deodorant is useless unless you never sweat
>>
>>37812825
Guess what? I'm a cyclist on a road racing team, I ride 6 days a week, I sweat like crazy from that of course, I shower AT LEAST once a day, and I NEVE use antiperspirant or deodorant because I don't *need* to, because I keep clean. You mad?
>>
>>37812791
This desu.

If you aren't physically active you might be able to get away with not showering frequently, but some of us work for a living.

I unload trucks. I sweat a ton. I go to the gym. I sweat a ton. If I dont shower after doing these things, I will smell like literal ass.

Ive gone 2 weeks without showering, wearing moppe gear in the desert. Its not fun. It doesnt help your skin to just rinse, and you *will* end up with athetes foot, jock itch, ass rashes et cetera et cetera.

Hygiene is a basic need.
>>
>>37812727
>he fell for the caveman facial care routine

My husband tried this, his acne got worse and I still don't understand why'd you do such a thing
>>
>>37812847
sounds like you need to find a better brand.
>>
>>37812885
It's a coin-flip whether the OP is an actual troll, trying to convince young fools of /fit/ to be dirty and smelly, or if OP is just a 'useful idiot' to the actual trolls, has bought into the troll/meme, and is perpetuating it, thinking he's 'helping'.

Either way OP needs to be set straight.
>>
dude unless you're a neet showering daily is pretty much mandatory
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.