[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kale
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: kale-fieldpack.png (303 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
kale-fieldpack.png
303 KB, 600x400
How do I cook this without it tasting disgusting? This tastes like eating some random leaf in the woods it's awful. Everything online tells me to put it in pasta or burritos but I'm trying to lose fat I'm not a mom trying to feel good about herself.
>>
I just eat it steamed with sriracha.
>>
Just put it in your smoothies nigga
>>
Sauté with garlic, if you don't like that, you really don't like kale and shouldn't eat it
>>
I don't cook mine because of the smell it creates through the house as well as the poor taste.

You can try just washing it and layering some hot food on top to just get it warm enough
>>
Heat oven, put kale on oven tray and drizzle with a little bit of oil. Season with garlic salt and pepper then cook until crispy.
>>
baby kale is good in salads
otherwise it goes in the blender
>>
Cook it dry, not wet.
Mince some garlic, mix with oil, toss with shredded kale, salt liberally, into a 400f oven, toss every 10 minutes until it's getting crispy around the edges.

With greens, wet cooking (steaming, boiling, sautéing) makes them taste "green"er, dry cooking (roasting, mostly) makes them taste more savory and meaty. Especially noticeable with asparagus.
>>
>>37812360
Look online amd find a good vinegrette to put on it and throw some walnuts in and you can eat that shit by the pound
>>
>>37812360

Sauté with garlic and lemon, using just a touch of olive oil. Also good when juiced and blended with orange juice.
>>
>>37812360
I put an ass - ton in my scrambled eggs, along with a ton of tomatoes and onions. Then I pour on hot sauce
>>
fyi spinach is as good or better for you and doesnt taste like asshole

put it in a smoothie with OJ or apple juice
>>
>>37812360

throw it in your magic bullet with protein powder, almond milk, chia seeds, strawberrys, 1/2 avocado, and coconut flakes.

alternatively just switch to spinach
>>
>>37812360
I use it in crockpot stews
>>
>>37812760

>good or better

Kale being a cruciferous vegetable already puts it above spinach
>>
Kale gave me kidney stones
>>
>>37812360
toss in lemon juice if you want to eat it fresh, i make it in a lentil and kale soup and it tastes great.
>>
>>37812919

How? It's low-oxalate, high in calcium, and vegetables in general are known to decrease kidney stone risk.
>>
>>37812919

Kidney what? Good for test?
>>
>>37812959
Nigga kidney stones are made of calcium
>>
>>37812995

Calcium and oxalate most commonly, but dietary calcium protects against kidney stones by binding to the oxalic acid in the gut rather than in the kidney.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.