[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 5614984962398479.jpg (152 KB, 1024x739) Image search: [Google]
5614984962398479.jpg
152 KB, 1024x739
Unless you are competing and/or making money off your physique what is the purpose of actual bodybuilding? The amount of food you have to buy and eat every day in addition to supplements to start maintaining such artificial physiques is ridiculous—not to mention the time needed and gym memberships. Why do a lot of people pick bodybuilding over sports that require physical athleticism and dexterity (skill)? I can only think of one legit reason and that is if you somehow found it fun.

tl;dr: Why did you choose bodybuilding /fit/—Insecurity? Ego?

Inb4 grills and healthy
>>
If you have to ask you'll never know. Minimum IQ of 30 required.
>>
>>37811140
Kek, stay mad fggt, come back with a real argument next time.
>>
The idea that you can't do something unless it directly profits you is a meme.

Bodybuilding is rewarding in and of itself for some people. It feels good to exercise and to treat your body right. It feels good to lift heavy shit with perfect form. It's literally the same thing as any other physical activity with the added bonus of making you shredded as fuark.
>>
>>37811244
>Kek, stay mad fggt, come back with a real argument next time.

So you want other people to come up with arguments but yours is simply your pathetic subjective opinion?

Commit sudoku OP
>>
Hoes spend a shit ton of money on makeup and other shit to make themselves look better. We work out to make our self look better.
>>
>>37811317
And you never know, may end up competing and making said moneyz.
>>
File: 1449945177790.jpg (18 KB, 366x354) Image search: [Google]
1449945177790.jpg
18 KB, 366x354
>>37811087
God phil's pose is so fake. Big Ramy is just big, he doesn't need to stretch out his chest&core, or turn his legs sideways.

I can't wait until someone knocks him on his amateur ass. Considering the federation is corrupt as fuck he will never lose. Can't exactly have old grapefruit fucker or a mudslime be the face of bodybuilding, right?
>>
>>37811087
To look good, be strong and be healthy.

It's also very fun
>>
>>37811087
Why do people build model trains? Fly kites?

It's enjoyable to the person. They find enjoyment from looking in the mirror and seeing what they want, a sense of accomplishment when they reach goals and strive to new ones, and even just the simple act of working out releases endorphins (ie. Runner's high). It's not for everyone, no, but if you actually bothered working out you'd know that 1) you do not need to become a bodybuilder to enjoy the gym and 2) it is enjoyable to do so.
>>
>>37811300
Lol it isn't that hard dipshit, at least one person has already come up with theirs. If you think my argument is simply a pathetic subjective opinion, then say so and state why.

Commit seppuku fggt
>>
>>37811087
If you compete in bodybuilding, you're a bodybuilder.
If you compete in powerlifting, you're a powerlifter.
If you compete in weightlifting, you're a weightlifter

If you just go to the gym and lift weights, you're just some guy who goes to the gym and lifts weights.
>>
>>37811387
So this brings it back to what I stated, that people do it for fun. I am not saying that only bodybuilders use the gym.
>>
>>37811450
That "logic" is ridiculous.
If one does powerlif by his own in his gym but he is not a powerlifter, what in the fuck is he? Maybe a beginner, amateur, trying-to-be, but still, powerlifter
>>
>>37811728
How do you "powerlift" on your own in the gym?

>beginner, amateur, trying-to-be
If you say "I want to compete in powerlifting" and sign up for a meet, yes, then you're a powerlifter. If it's your first meet and/or your strength is at beginner levels, you're a beginner. If you don't get paid to do it, you're an amateur. If you're all of the above, you're trying-to-be.

But if you just go the gym and lift, maybe you concentrate on the big three - which isn't ideal for a non-competitor - you're still just some guy who goes to the gym and lifts weights.

You can apply this logic to any sport.
If you meet up with friends every now and then and play soccer/football, but are not in a proper team, you're not a football player, you're just some guy who plays football every once in a while.
If you make a tour with your bike every sunday, but never take part in a race, you're not a cyclist, you're just some guy who goes cycling on the weekend.
>>
>>37811087
>Unless you are competing and/or making money off your gaming what is the purpose of playing vidya? The amount of equipment and games you have to buy and play every day in addition to electricity used to maintain such an artificial skill is ridiculous—not to mention the time needed and online memberships. Why do a lot of people pick video gaming over pinball and laser tag that require physical athleticism and dexterity (skill)? I can only think of one legit reason and that is if you somehow found it fun.

>tl;dr: Why did you choose video gaming—Insecurity? Ego?

>Inb4 clan and rankings

why spend money on any hobby, anon?
>>
>>37811466
Fun, endorphin rush, enjoyment of accomplishing goals, enjoying how you personally view yourself. It's a simple question, and you answered it in the beginning. I'm curious why you made the thread, as well as used a negative outlook on the sport? (assuming it's out of ego and insecurities)
>>
>>37812584
This.
It's up to personal enjoyment. I'd rather hang myself than build model trains, but some people are passionate about it and look at bodybuilding the same way. You can't compare hobbies when your passionate about one and not the other. Without the passion, it will never make sense to you
>>
>>37811087
It's a free country famalamb. You can do literally what the fuck you want as long as it does not infringe upon the rights of others.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.