[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of Greek yogurt for breakfast? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 194x259
What do you guys think of Greek yogurt for breakfast? I've been thinking on switching between Greek Yogurt and fruit for some time now and I read its pretty good diet-wise. Also, is drinking raw eggs before exercise good? Imo they taste bad but everyone has reccomended it to me.
>>
>>37803520
Are you retarded?
Put fruit in your greek yoghurt
And don't drink raw eggs because that's fucking stupid

Can't even tell if I'm being baited, jesus christ
>>
Greek 0% yogurt with a scoop and some fruit.

Never drink raw eggs you meme lord, it does nothing that cooking them won't.
>>
>>37803592
Sorry mang, it was a serious question. No, I am not retarded, just curious. Thanks for the info tho.
>>
>>37803520
Not for breakfast but I eat Fage 0% almost daily
>>
yes eat it.
i have some every day but ive developed a REAL BAD case of farts
>>
Raw eggs have the same protein and nutrients as boiled eggs, but eating them raw increases the chances of getting salmonela, so boil them, boiled eggs are the master form of eggs
>>
File: arnold bicep fit.jpg (112 KB, 275x378) Image search: [Google]
arnold bicep fit.jpg
112 KB, 275x378
>>37803520
Cottage cheese is way better.

Yogurt is full of a ton of sugar.

Cottage cheese is basically more protein than yogurt, but none of the sugar. CC has 15 grams protein per serving with only ~2 grams carbs and a total of 100 calories. It also has some good unsaturated fats to help regulate your hormones.

If you want to get fat, yes, use yogurt.

If you are trying to hit your protein macros but want to maintain or even lose weight, go with cottage cheese.

If it is too plain for you just put a little honey on top and it tastes like pudding and will still have way less carbs than yogurt.

Cottage cheese = perfect bodybuilding food.
>>
>>37803520
Total 2% is 20g brotein, excellent start for the day.
Combine with honey for maximum comfiness
>>
>>37804388
>honey
>not using oats for ULTIMATE bland taste
>>
>>37804299
We're not talking about fat cunt yogurt, we're talking about Greek yogurt. The stuff I get has 24 grams of protein per 140 calories. It's almost as good as fucking whey.

Yes, OP, eat it. I eat Greek yogurt every morning with high fiber cereal or oatmeal.
>>
>>37803520
Greek yoghurt is the last thing i eat for the day before i go to bed and i put two raw eggs in my protein shake after i finish at the gym. The chance of getting salmonella poisoning is 1/ 30,000 you would be very unlucky to get that 30,000th egg that had bacteria in it.
>>
protein in raw eggs is less bioavailable, so if you want the most out of your eggs, cook them.
>>
>>37803520

Read the label, some of those have a lot of sugar.
>>
File: 1466568021395.jpg (277 KB, 324x632) Image search: [Google]
1466568021395.jpg
277 KB, 324x632
>>37803520
OATMEAL
EGG WHITES

EAT BIG TO GET BIG RIGHT BABE?
>>
>>37803520
I eat an entire pot (the small one) for breakfast on most days; keeps me full until lunchtime. Normally I have it plain, but occasionally I cut up some strawberries and mash it in with the yogurt for a sweeter taste. I avoid the pre-made fruit-yogurts that they sell - they have a lot of protein as fruit yogurts go but they still include a little too much sugar for my liking.
>>
>>37803520

Low-fat greek yogurt, quark or cottage cheese + a scoop + oats

Will get you through the morning guaranteed.
>>
>>37804299
Ok, but what can I do something with it so it doesnt taste jusk fucking bland?
>>
I don't understand the wests obsession with greek yoghurt. It's an american invention and has no roots in Greece or the med whatsoever where natural and fresh yoghurts are far more common

Still, it's cheap and (usually) low in sugars, so it's not the worst processed shit you can buy. I'd still recommend drinking natural yoghurt though, or better yet make some kefir and actually get beneficial probiotics instead of two commercial strains that die instantly in the gut.
>>
>>37803520
plain greek yoghurt is great to mix some protein powder into
>>
>>37806057
>The chance of getting salmonella poisoning is 1/ 30,000 you would be very unlucky to get that 30,000th egg that had bacteria in it.
By this logic all you're stating is that you're taking a 50/50 chance of getting salmonella poisoning within the next 20 years because you want to eat raw eggs

Weird choice but whatever works for you
>>
>>37808927
black pepper and oregano. it's godly.
>>
>>37809116
lol you're literally shilling for fucking kefir
>>
>>37809116

You seem to be under the misunderstanding that people here eat greek yogurt because it's healthy and trendy.

Greek yogurt has, per 100g, four times the protein as normal yogurt for a third of the calories.

It's objectively superior to "fresh and natural yogurt" unless you don't care about calories and eat like 400g of yogurt in one go every time.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.