[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Swimming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: alanllagan.jpg (159 KB, 760x1033) Image search: [Google]
alanllagan.jpg
159 KB, 760x1033
Hello, first time poster here. So I'm really fat (like 280 lbs) and I used to be a bit fitter and do lap swimming a few times a week. I went swimming today and my muscles (specially legs) are REALLY sore). I have aspirin, is there anything i can take (inb4 oxy) or apply topically to help with the soreness?
>>
That's normal, you will get less sore the next time you workout. You can stretch and take something like a lacrosse ball and rub your muscles out if you want.
>>
>>37789239
i know but i was thinking maybe topical witch hazel might help?
>>
>>37789256
Bananas? Potassium? Helps with soreness
>>
>>37789152
>swimming
>posts a diver
>>
>>37789152
DO NOT SWIM IF YOU WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT!!!!! DO MODERATE TO HEAVY CARDIO!!
>>
>>37789152
Ibuprofen is better than asprin for the anti inflammatory effects. Also anti inflammatory foods like ginger. Also adaptogens like ginseng.
>>
You need potassium
>>
File: 1419367049978.png (34 KB, 245x242) Image search: [Google]
1419367049978.png
34 KB, 245x242
>>
Just stretch out man. Next time you go for a swim finish up with a really easy, slow lap or two where you just focus on deliberate movement, and try to stretch out your muscles with each stroke.
>>
>>37790349

>swimming can't be moderate to heavy cardio

what the fuck are you taking about?
>>
OP, if you want to get stronger and build endurance then don't take aspirin, ibuprofen or other pain killing anti-inflammatories. They inhibit the anabolic pathway for building muscle at the affected sites. Just tough it out for now and follow other poster's advice. Especially the banana's.
>>
>>37790349
>he's never done sprint sets
shit's the craziest yo.
>>
>>37789152
Youre just a big bitch. if mild soreness is too much pain you should stick to being fat
>>
File: lmao!!!.jpg (8 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
lmao!!!.jpg
8 KB, 256x256
>>37790504
>>
>>37790771
i have apricots and i think they have more potassium than bananas.
>>37790872
its not too much i was mostly asking to see if u guys thought topical witch hazel would help.
>>
>>37789152
>>37789256
lol are you actually taking painkillers for a bit of muscle soreness, man up.
>>
>>37792037
ps witch hazel wont do shit other than dry out your skin
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.