[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Torn calluses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: Photo on 7-1-16 at 11.40 PM.jpg (177 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 7-1-16 at 11.40 PM.jpg
177 KB, 1080x720
Hey /fit/, how frequently do you tear calluses usually, and what are ways of dealing with them so I can keep training? I tore off a fuckton of skin when I was bouldering today and want to get back to both climbing and lifting as soon as possible.

Pic related - my hands
>>
>>37771372
I don't know, but my bf hates them so I started wearing gloves when I go to the gym, I recommend that!
>>
Spotted the newbie
>>
>>37771385
Been lifting for three years.
>>
>>37771382
I recommend gloves too OP! Just make sure you bring your purse to put them in so they don't get lost and wear lots of lipstick
>>
>>37771411
>>37771382
I don't use gloves
>>
>>37771372
Learn to grab the barbell you idiot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZBmiQm4MF4
>>
>>37771372
Do you get them just from weight lifting? How they form might be to do with why they are tearing. I get mine from rowwing/kayaking and they have never really torn at all, couple of small splits but that's par for the course
>>
>>37771424
I got mine from a mix of climbing and weightlifting. In this case I tore a bunch of them off because I climbed for about twice as long as I usually do.
>>
shave them off with a razor blade from the hardware store you dumb cunt
>>
Use climbing tape until they heal completely, file them down when they get too big so they don't snag and rip off
>>
>>37771430
Well that explains it. Just take. Concrete pill and harden up a bit and they will come right
>>
>>37771445
Should I take any time off training to heal? I'm in the middle of a hard cut right now, hence the climbing. Usually I just do lifts.
>>
>>37771442
Oh, and if you choose to use tape, don't expect to climb where you are now. Since you'll have almost all your finger tips wrapped, you'll lose a lot of sensitivity and it will make slopers and some pinches harder. You don't have to stop completely btw, just take it easy
>>
>>37771458
I would continue and just adjust anything that hurts to a lower weight/reps. If everything hurts too much obviously just take a break from lifting and just do cardio(cycle or running) until it's good again

Just take it easy
>>
>>37771474
Thanks. Basically what caused this is that I couldn't get this one problem that was almost entirely fingertip holds and gave it around 30-40 solid attempts.
>>
File: 20160624_174847.jpg (850 KB, 2576x1932) Image search: [Google]
20160624_174847.jpg
850 KB, 2576x1932
I don't ever tear calluses, nor have I ever, and I deadlift 312.5kg

Learn to hold the bar properly, and use chalk lads.
>>
>>37771507
if your hands are too weak for the weight you can grip it in a way that tears calluses but lets you hold your grip when working.

So people who tear calluses need stronger hands.
>>
I tore some calluses when I was doing a new exercise on a barbell with way deeper knurling than what I usually use, but that's the only time I've done that. It also helps to learn how to grip the barbell properly.
>>
File: rockystrongman.jpg (15 KB, 236x320) Image search: [Google]
rockystrongman.jpg
15 KB, 236x320
My gf makes me use hand cream because "there is no way someone with the hands of the thing is going to touch her".

No one tell her about gloves, plz.
>>
>>37771507
You weigh 317kg

Wanker
>>
>>37771372
Just yake care of yourself. Take a pumice stone or something similar (I prefer those sandpaper paddle shaped ones meant for feet" and sand away your callauses. That's how you prevent tearing them. Leave them and all they'll do is leave you more likely to tear them, causing pain and possibly infection and you'll be out of commission until they heal.
>>
>>37771507
Don't be making fun of upside down wheelchair people. It's not their fault you asshole.
>>
>>37771686
I'll take that under advisement for once I've healed up. Thinking I might switch to cycling or swimming for a few days. Just hard cardio till the hands are better.
>>
>>37771507
>I deadlift 312.5kg
Bullshit
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.