[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brownpill me on rowing. Will it give me any gainz?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: images (4).jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
5 KB, 259x194
Brownpill me on rowing. Will it give me any gainz?
>>
>>37760686
Rowing can be golden or do jack shit for you depending on form
>>
>>37760694
I looked up form on the concept2 website. It seems the trick is to not use your butt to pull back?
>>
>>37760686
Weirdly yes. I've posted about it before so the research is in the archive. It's the punctuated all at once movement and low reps per minute that's meant to do it, it may make some of your slow twitch muscles a fair bit bigger.

It's not as good for mass as lifting and drugs obviously, but it does something a little different so if you're doing everything else you want to do go for it.
>>
>>37760716
It's complicated. Just take it slow at first, keep your foot flat on the plate and don't engage the arms too early. Like you should be done with extending the legs p much as the arms start pulling back.
>>
>>37760686
I use it as my main cardio, I dunno if it will build muscle but it's god tier cardio and if you do it with proper form good for strengthening the lower back, which I need since I'm on dat dere snap city time.
>>
All rowers I know regularly do weightlifting to build muscle.

Don't know what that means.
>>
>>37760737
>lower back.
Cutting out of fat mode. I'm 213 down from 245. I could use some gainz in my lower back since I've done mostly upper body lifting for aesthetics.
>>37760735
Legs first to full extension then arms?
I rowed for about a month in 2014 and I think my form sucked but I don't know
>>
>>37760760
It's just a good place to start. Some people will do full leg extension, then full however far they're leaning back, then pull in with the arms as three very separate phases, and it's possible to get alright times this way. I like to overlap the phases so in the last third of the leg extension I lean back and while still leaning back pull in. The problem for beginners or novices with pulling with the arms at the same time as pushing with the legs is wasted energy, they sort of fight against each other.

Try out different things and see what works for you tho, but it's decent advice.
>>
>>37760760
Not lower back muscle gains but lower back health gains senpai
>>
alright, rowed in college, here's my take

it's an amazing exercise that lets you do LISS, HIIT cardio and everything in between, as well as working out every muscle group except for your chest. I strongly recommend it, with 3 caveats:

learn form. it's simple enough, from a fully coiled position with your seat forward, you first kick off with your legs -> lean back - > pull your arms in. you do the same motion in reverse on your way back. arms out > back forward > seat forward. a good rule of thumb is to have your knees flat until the handle passes them on your way back in

second, it's way too easy to half ass it. set the units to X/500m and get that number as low as possible. sub 2:00/500m is acceptable for beginner steady state

lastly, work your chest separately. could barely bench 1pl8 coming out of the sport despite a 3pl8 squat at my best

enjoy and vary it up. try doing 16 strokes/min, and try 36. very different exercises
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.