[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to paleo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
What happened to paleo?
>>
people are gradually realizing that carbs are meant to be eaten.
>>
>>37757306
it was a meme

low-carb/paleo/keto are all the same idiot meme diet with different veneers

paleo is particularly stupid though because it's impossible for modern humans to eat a true paleolithic diet so maybe people are realizing it's all just a gimmick

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_nature
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 400x265) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 400x265
>>37757306
Follow the money!
It was just a bunch of authors getting rich by telling faties to eat salad and chicken and throw kettle bells around
>>
TIRED: PALEO
WIRED: KETO
>>
>>37757312
>>37757519
>>37757628
These guys all get it.
>>
IIFYM is the only life-long sustainable dieting method.

Why???????????

Because IIFYM allows you to do whatever fucking macros you want, you can do Keto Macros, Paleo macros, Vegan macros, any kind of fucking macros you want within your calories.

IIFYM is life.

I do high carb, moderate protein, low fat on some days; then other days I do high fat, low moderate protein, low carb.

IIFYM is literally the best...you can change your macros any time you want to any method. Hell sometimes I'll even go bro-foods mode and hit my macros with just bro-foods.

IIFYM is life.
>>
File: 1382569024885.gif (3 MB, 250x180) Image search: [Google]
1382569024885.gif
3 MB, 250x180
>>37757519

Tell me which you think is healthier:

Meeting your macros via leafy green vegetables and meat.

or

Meeting your macros with bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, and meat. I'll even give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you eat 1/8th of the spinach, broccoli and kale I do.
>>
File: 1387413138917.png (94 KB, 1304x1337) Image search: [Google]
1387413138917.png
94 KB, 1304x1337
>>37757628
>Follow the money!
if you do that and don't find that american businesses aren't hugely invested in you eating their modified corn products, then you weren't actually following the money.
>>
File: 1453300409822.jpg (126 KB, 951x706) Image search: [Google]
1453300409822.jpg
126 KB, 951x706
>>37757519
lmfao ass-blasted sugar addict detected.
only true addicts come with the "keto is a meme" meme bs

you'll never try it because you're weak.
and you'll never know true freedom because you gotta satisfy your sugar dope cravings via baja blast and flaming nacho bagel bites
>>
The impression I got was that the primary purpose of paleo wasn't to be like a healthy, effective diet, but rather just sort of a "protest" against processed stuff. Like kinda more of a "moral" thing (in their minds, anyway) than a health thing.
>>
>>37757306
True Paleo = Keto
Keto = Losing Weight

The new meme now is Intermittent Fasting, but alot of people probably wont understand that the entire purpose of Intermittent Fasting to restrict calories by eating your daily maintence calories in the alotted time that your are not fasting.

Then fatties will think that IF is a meme because they ate snickers bars, sprite, and nutter butters during their feast window and ask why they arent losing weight. Then we move on to the next Diet Meme.
>>
Fruit have the highest density of nutrients. Are you telling me you dont want to eat natures motha fuckin nectar? I bet everyone here doesnt eat enough fruit, me included
>>
>>37757812

Depends. Potatoes are chalk full of potassium and vitamin C, while bread is often fortified with a vitamin B complex. Leaf greens can be high in alkaloids which can cause illnesses, although their fiber content is quite good.

In reality, you can't really determine which is "healthier" although from an athletic perspective, leafy greens aren't great at providing Carbohydrate energy.
>>
>>37757942
Im doing IF and it's boss for cutting

If you dont drink sugary drinks, it's fucking hard as hell to get over your calorie limit
>>
>>37757942

As I found when I did keto, paleo and keto actually aren't the same thing. There is a fair amount of overlap in the food choices between the two, but the reasoning is completely different. For example, fruit would be acceptable under paleo (because you could go out into the wild and pick it) but not under keto (because sugar.)
>>
>>37757312
>>37757519
But paleo isn't low carb unless you want it to be. Fryit, veggies, and root starches are all paleo. I don't acre for paleo myself because sourdough is awesome and fuck all who disagree, but at least know what the fuck you're talking about before criticizing something.
>>
File: brule.jpg (65 KB, 599x449) Image search: [Google]
brule.jpg
65 KB, 599x449
Because once you learn that "paleo diet" means "just stop buying food made with processed byproducts, ya dummy" you don't have to search it anymore.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.