[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i squat without fucking up my knees /fit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
How do i squat without fucking up my knees /fit/?
>>
please respond
>>
Use proper form. Several guides can be found in the sticky. Then you try it and post a form check, and we'll mock you for how little you lift while also giving you some advice on form.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=squat+form
>>
I can't, which is why I dont squat anymore. I tried so hard to follow rippetoe's advice on form but I always ended up with pained knees, my ankle mobility is too poor to save.

So I just deadlift, run on off days and don't squat anymore.

Plus, squatting at the beginning of every workout made me extremely energy barren. I have much more effort to expend on my other lifts now that I'm not doing the most tiring lift first and heavy every day.
>>
>>37746668
do bodyweight squat and try to relax into the deepest position you can, slowly try to open the knees with you elbows, shift weight from one foot to another and so on to find out, whats best ankle-knee-hip position for you.
Try to hold position for some time, one minute would be enough for a start
>>
>>37746926

I seriously don't recommend squatting every session. I did if for a long time, and here's what it did for me:

1. Made me hate my workouts
2. Accelerated injury buildup from squats
3. Weakened my other lifts do to CNS fatigue

Seriously, maybe for beginners it's a good idea but once you get over 2 plate squat I really don't think it's a good idea. Now I actually enjoy my workouts again, and my knees and hip flexors don't feel like they're on the verge of injury every day.
>>
>>37746926
Try a wider stance with your toes a bit more outward, helped me with my plateau, gave me better balance and no more intense knee soreness. Give it a try.
>>
>>37746668
I stopped squatting for months because it hurt my knees. Eventually, I found that doing leg press before and after each squat set stopped my knees from hurting. I don't squat without doing this now.
>>
>>37747106
i squat every workout, currently at 3plaet for reps

sounds like you just have shit form mate.
>>
>>37746668
no clue, but RDL's and Leg Press seem to keep my legs happy so i'm staying away from squats for a month or two and trying again later
>>
>>37746668
properly
>>
>>37746668
>fell for squat meme
enjoy your fucked knees rest of life
>>
I used to the the squatting every day thing until i hurt my knee pretty bad. It's been months and now every time i exert my knee it hurts, not just squats but anything.

I've tried to start again slowly, to see if working the knee might help. I'm really missing the leg gains, because they were getting pretty fucking beefy.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.