[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most muscle mass a beginner can gain in one year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: why.jpg (56 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
56 KB, 540x960
What is the most muscle mass a beginner can gain in one year without performance enhancing substances? Is it really just 2 lbs per month?
>>
File: hedonism.png (368 KB, 506x632) Image search: [Google]
hedonism.png
368 KB, 506x632
just be yourself :^)
>>
>>37734004
Just two pounds a month?

That's 24lb of muscle in a year

Even that's probably an absolute best case scenario, with a solid regime, diet and good genetics
>>
i went up 10 lbs in 6 months losing around 5-10lbs of fat, good diet and hard training
>>
>>37734004
a lot more than people think, but it certainly depends on how fat you're willing to get.
>>
>>37734230
>it certainly depends on how fat you're willing to get.

why would that matter?
>>
Why don't you just go for it and find out, you fucking faggot?
>>
>>37735427
Hueg caloric surplus = more muscle but more fat as well
>>
>>37734053
The average amount of muscle mass a novice can gain in a year of strength training is 26lbs/.5lbs of muscle a week. So wouldn't god tier genetics be more???
>>
>>37736921
but it's only 2lbs a month no matter what
>>
>>37736937
According to whom, exactly?
>>
>>37736945
according to literally any "fitness expert" ever
>>
it's somewhat of a slow progress after first few months of proper lifting and diet

most i gained was when i was still natty and got back to lifting gaining back previously had muscle mass that was lost from a 2 year break, was underweight from all the partying, drugs and not eating
i started madbulk right when i started again eating anywhere between 3700-5500kcal a day and gained 35lbs within a month or so with little fat gain (around 15% bf abs showing somewhat even relaxed)

even with roids havent managed such mad gains but muscle memory is magic, just got pretty bad stretch marks from it
>>
File: 34b346.jpg (5 KB, 187x200) Image search: [Google]
34b346.jpg
5 KB, 187x200
>>37736980
>gained 35lbs within a month or so with little fat gain

this made me laugh out loud. yeah man you gained over 1lb per day. that's totally what happened.
>>
>>37736966
That's just flat out wrong. The amount of muscle mass you can gain varies greatly with sleep, diet, routine, and genetics. It's not just gonna be 2 pounds/month for everybody, and increasing caloric intake would absolutely allow you to gain more muscle mass than you would if you were at a deficit/maintenance
>>
>>37734053

This. The "natural" limit for lean muscle mass gains for a starting out lifter is usually cited as ~1 pound per month for the first couple years, and that's assuming a near perfect diet and well structured gym routine that you stick with 50+ weeks of the year, rarely missing workouts. Some genetically lucky people (moreso folks who have dormant muscle mass from sports when they were younger) *might* pick up 15lb's.

Expecting to gain 24lb's of 100% muscle, no fat, is 99% of the time impossible. Those that think they have done it never have the body comp tests to support their claim, aren't natty, or are mistaking fat gains for muscle gains. The published research is out there to prove this, if you care to look.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.