[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ My current personal trainer doesn't like Bench Press
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (432 KB, 850x567) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
432 KB, 850x567
/fit/
My current personal trainer doesn't like Bench Press nor Deadlifts

I only do machines and some dumbell and barbell exercises

Will I make it?
>>
Why do you have a personal trainer in the first place?
>>
>>37732396
you can pretty easily replace bench with DB bench, but deadlifts are pretty much impossible to replace

fuck your trainer familia
>>
>>37732396
Maybe if you're a total DYEL and never been in a gym you might start there in the first few sessions but eventually a good trainer would progress you to those.
You need to sack that trainer.
>>
File: laughing chris2.jpg (96 KB, 800x437) Image search: [Google]
laughing chris2.jpg
96 KB, 800x437
>>37732396
>paying some dude to rob you of your gains
>>
>>37732396
He is 1000000% retarded for not liking deadlift.

Ask him about floor press, as it is safe for the shoulders (the only debatable reason to not love bench, even then unless they have a prior shoulder injury it is safe as fuark) and arguably better for chest strength and size development
https://www.t-nation.com/training/master-the-floor-press
https://www.t-nation.com/training/tip-do-the-floor-press
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm70ekicxSs

Deadlift are the number 1 most effect corrective, rehabilitative exercise for the spine, and anyone who doesnt have scoliosis should do them for longterm health and longevity.

The only argument against them is the artemus dolgin argument that it broadens your waist, via oblique and core hypertrophy.
While true, this is negligible, and it should be noted tons of slim waisted bodybuilders from arnie to zane did prett heavy deadlifts.
>>
>>37733009
>The only argument against them is [...] it broadens your waist
I thought the main argument against them was you one day you may get distracted and end at snap city
>>
>>37732406
Lower lumbar - lowbar squat
upper lumbar - front squat
Posterior chain - hip thrust (and lowbar

Three lifts to replace one(not nearly as well), and the overlap of front and back squat leads to sub optimal lumbar training, and a weak spine means weak lifts.

Not irreplaceable, but if you replace it (with THREE FUCKING LIFTS, approximately 9x the worksets) there is definitely detriment
>>
>>37732396
he just wants to cash a paycheck without you hurting yourself.

if he could lock you in a playpen with some 1kg dumbells, he would.
>>
>>37732396

>>37732981
this x 1000

y would you even go to a pt when you have us, op?
>>
>>37733043
Dont get "distracted" with 400lb hanging off your spine...?

As long as you dont really set heavy singles, they arent terrifically dangerous.

The danger comes in when people push the limits of their spinal strength.

For example, if a guy can deadlift 4pl8, his spine can handle a lot more than a weak spine, and he knows this, so he might try and reduce his ROM by flexing his thoracic spine, to push up a higher number. He thinks his spine is strong enough to handle it, and maybe for the first 5 or 6 PRs he gets great results.

Then he snaps his shit up.

Experienced people sometimes intentionally and knowingly use bad form to push higher numbers, and it bites them in the ass.

The problem is ego lifting, 99% of the time.
>>
>>37733083
>Just don't get distracted dude, have absolutely perfect form for over all the 4+ decades you have left to live
Kek
>>
>>37732396
He's literally teaching you like a retard because some of his clients actually are retards. They won't like squatting or deadlifting and I guaran-fucking-tee you they won't ever do them correctly.

He's literally trying to get you to NOT hurt yourself and sue him.

>Will I make it?
No, dump him, learn shit by your self
>>
File: 1463190477094.jpg (34 KB, 535x462) Image search: [Google]
1463190477094.jpg
34 KB, 535x462
>>37732396

fuck no.

Deadlifts are the foundation of strength and bench press aswell. You MUST do compound movements to become stronger and better looking. Its not to say you cant make gains without them but its a considerably faster process if you train deads, bench, squat and ohp. I use machines obviously but its but training compounds moments would be like eating cupcake with no icing.
>>
>tfw chatting with the personnel trainer at your gym
>tfw he can do 3/4/5 for reps easy
>tfw he makes his clients do meme bosu ball exercises and amrap sets with 10 lb dbs
>ask him why
>he says so they don't get injured, not to mention they want to feel like they worked out regardless of the efficacy of their "training"
>mfw no face when he's right
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.