[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the keto diet a meme? I'm looking into it. What is /fit/'s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Is the keto diet a meme? I'm looking into it. What is /fit/'s opinion on the keto diet?
>>
>>37729612
All "diets" are dumb. Just don't eat like a fat 7 year old. Stop trying to overcomplicate everything.
>>
>>37729612

Yes it is a massive meme. Carbs are the primary energy source of primates. Just eat less you fat fuck.
>>
>>37729633
I'm 5'11" 168 pounds, you dipshit. Want to explain why you think the keto diet doesn't work?
I lift 6 days a week and do sprints at the track 2 times a week. I was curious if the keto diet would work for me. I get that carbs are the main energy source; however, body adapts to using fats as the energy source, I believe.
>>
>>37729612
Keto is OK for the first 12 months, you will drop weight / BF (especially in first 12 weeks)...BUT you could just eat better with a real balanced diet and achieve the same results.

TL/DR it is a meme
>>
>>37729612
Works great if you're on the heavy side. Sustaining it is the hard part
>>
>>37729675

>I lift 6 days a week and do sprints at the track 2 times a week. I was curious if the keto diet would work for me.

You'd probably feel like total shit with all that fat in your blood and no carbs
>>
>>37729612
>>37729675
Why do you want to go on a keto diet?
>>
>>37729612
Personally I'm a fan. Weight loss slows after initial water weight loss. The benefits that I like are slight mental clarity, increased endurance, and no bouts of raging hunger or crashes. Cons are your lifts will drop and it's not always practical so you have to work to stick to it.
>>
>>37730217

It's also not healthy in the long run
>>
carrot? are you fgukin dumb.
>>
>>37730204
I was reading up on it for shits and giggles and wanted to see what others thought.
>>
>>37729612

it's better for sedentary dieters but it's fine for an active one also.

i did it for a while and had decent results, but like others say the benefits are marginal and it is harder to maintain when your routine requires endurance
>>
>>37730241
So if I don't do it I'll live forever?
>>
>>37730305
that's some shitty logic there senpai
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.