[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overeating?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: 1466298747296.jpg (88 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
1466298747296.jpg
88 KB, 1200x630
>trying to lose weight
>eat healthy but cannot stop myself from eating until literally nothing more can /fit in my stomach
Anybody relates? Advice?
>>
>>37683288
Best trick is to get sick. Once you spend a few days not feeling hungry at all and eating small portions you can keep it going because you get used to it.
>>
>>37683288
eat less
>>
>>37683288

Bro chew gum and drink water it makes the cravings go away
>>
File: 1466299134263.jpg (14 KB, 298x169) Image search: [Google]
1466299134263.jpg
14 KB, 298x169
>>37683398
It's not really cravings, I mean as long as I don't start eating it's fine. It's just my meals last for an hour.. after eating an gigantic salad (which made me feel full after eating only half of it), I will go for bread with cottage cheese, then yogurt and then bread again with honey... The caloric intake in the end isn't that big (I'm not overweight) but I need to be able to stop myself from overeating, basically just being able to stop eating when I'm full.
>>
>>37683452
What did it for me was eating so fucking much shit food one day and realizing how pathetic I was. Just giving in to my hunger and ruining my long term goals all to ingest some sugar and other nonsense. I felt like a disgusting pig. You think your mother would be proud watching you scarf down endless amounts of food and seeing the misery on your face as you know youre ruining your body and goals? There's no trick to learning this. You're a grown person. If you want something and have no will power, no tips or tricks can stop you. The only trick i can think of is to take into works how powerful your subconscious mind is. Think "I hate eating too much." "Cardio makes me feel great." "I don't have a sweet tooth like I used to." "I rarely eat more than my fill." And suit your actions to fit. Eventually you will believe it and act it.
>>
Short term solution here:
Intermittent Fasting. I fucked up so my window is from 12 AM to 6AM (gym at 3). Before IF I would frequently binge by accident.
>>
File: 1453664369297.jpg (24 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1453664369297.jpg
24 KB, 480x270
>>37683568
I have a problem with skipping breakfast. At midday I get so hungry that I eat while preparing my meal. What happens is, by the point I'm done cooking I'm not hungry anymore but will still eat what I've cooked (because damn it's good, and I've just cooked for an hour)
>>
File: fit-drink.jpg (449 KB, 936x1285) Image search: [Google]
fit-drink.jpg
449 KB, 936x1285
>>37683288
I was never fat but I've lost a lot of bodyweight and fat and here's what I learned:

The number one key to losing weight is to eat more volume but less calories. As we know from psychology, it's nearly impossible to break habits, but very easy to replace them. You can't give up eating junkfood any more than you can give up heroin or ciggies or alcohol. Replace them with eating low cal foods instead and problem solved.

The best solution is always to eat more vegetables. Don't focus on eating less X Y or Z, focus on eating more vegetables. Over time your tastes will naturally change and you'll feel fuller for longer because of volume and fibre.

Drinking a bit more water helps.
Not buying anything processed helps.
Not drinking any calories helps.
Caffeine and stimulants help.

tl;dr eat more veg
>>
>>37683452
I had this same problem, where I was never hungry at all as long as I was not eating, then as soon as I started it was like opening the floodgates and suddenly I was ravenously hungry no matter how much I ate.

The solution to this for me was to decide that you're going to explicitly eat a specific number of calories per day and plan your meals accordingly. Get an electric scale and measure everything, every gram of chicken breast, every drop of oil, etc. Don't eat any fast food or restaurant food at all, even if they list calories (they're remarkably inaccurate). Avoid pre-packaged food if possible, if not at least try to get something that measures its calories and macros accurately. Protein bars are fine occasionally as long as they don't make up the majority of your diet. When you do this you'll be able to say "Ok, I had my meal, I'm done for now". After you do this for enough days your stomach will get used to the smaller meal size and it will become second nature, you won't feel the urge to binge anymore, plus you'll likely learn a lot about just how many calories you were actually eating before (a lot of people REALLY underestimate it when they just eyeball it all the time).

oh yeah and exercise, but don't count on "calories burned" during exercise to correct diet mistakes.
>>
>>37683288
Eat more protein/fat. It's more satisfying.
>>
>>37683288
I can relate. Don't worry, once you bulk, this curse will become a blessing.

So take a day to buy a ton of vegetables. Now keep eating them until you literally can't eat anymore. Now that's a bit more than the amount you should be eating everyday. Account for the calories from these vegetables and the calories you have left over can go toward your protein/fat/carbs.
>>
>>37683897

I agreed about eating more vegetables.

While trying to lose fat I had replaced my nightly sandwich eating to salad instead. It lower down my craving for eating snacks at nights.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.