[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I get how people use their anger to fuel their workouts, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
I get how people use their anger to fuel their workouts, but what about disappointment, worry or sadness.

Whenever I have social or relational failings it just hampers my drive so much. Not that I just don't workout, I just always wrap up feeling like I couldn't give my all.
>>
My workouts are amazing when Im in the wrong place at the wrong time kind of situation.

>I should be studying for my final!
>break PR's left and right
>shoot 15 3 pointers in a row
>finds 20 bucks on the street right in front of a bar
>bar is playing my favorite movie, better go in and enjoy it
>>
>>37654786
it is based on hormones you, emo nu-male piece of shit.

research the hormones and how it affects you. research which elements they have and you can fucking turn those shitty feelings into adrenaline to pump yourself up.

being sad is just an excuse of failures. and if you have failed you should have learned something from it and that is not to fail again.

SO STOP FAILING FAGGOT!
>>
nah, my workouts are always best when I'm perfectly calm and controlled

muh rage lifts are memes
>>
Idk, the fear of being shit compared to the people you lift with is a damn good motivator.
>>
>>37654907
I'm always by myself with equipment at home.

But that would be a great motivator anon...
>>
>>37654786
I generally turn all negative emotions into anger. It's the only energetic productive negative emotion.
>>
>>37654849
not meme at all i used to think the same
you need to learn to control it
on my cycle i learned how to control it because i could get angry very quickly and for so little
you probably dont get angry often so you dont have the chance to master it
>>
I find a good way to push myself on PRs is to film myself with the intent of showing off on social media.

But I always bitch out when it comes to posting it because I don't want to be that kind of faggot.
>>
>>37655019
This. Or, that's what it becomes, anyway.

Instead of getting sad about shit, I call myself a worthless piece of shit if I can't do it. Sometimes I fail, then I'm sad about whatever it was for maybe an hour, and try again at my next opportunity to prove to myself that I'm not a worthless piece of shit. Might be "unhealthy" but it works for me.
>>
I went to a fancy schmancey expensive gym with my friend as a free trial once. It was massive compared to my regular gym and filled to the brim with every type of typical gym douche bag, DYEL, and cardio bunny imaginable. I hate being around lots of people, never mind working out around them.

I ended up hitting PRs for all my lifts including 8 x 225lbs bench, and 10 x 185 Pendlay row. I felt so much anxiety I just wanted to grip asap, so I smashed through my workout as fast as possible and pushed as hard as I could. Was sweating like a mother fucker by the end of it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.