[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Keto for Dummies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: Aintnocarbsonme.jpg (23 KB, 600x398) Image search: [Google]
Aintnocarbsonme.jpg
23 KB, 600x398
Hey /fit/izens, I want to lose 25 pounds of fat and I'm willing to try a ketogenic diet to achieve my goal.

What are your experiences with a keto diet, and what did your daily meals look like?
>>
File: Hotsnek.jpg (283 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Hotsnek.jpg
283 KB, 1920x1080
Bampin with hot snek
>>
File: 1465732887794.jpg (160 KB, 887x962) Image search: [Google]
1465732887794.jpg
160 KB, 887x962
>>37640997
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132598293

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2014/01/3-day-keto-kickstart-menu-plan.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/comments/o6vei/here_it_is_the_unofficial_tell_me_what_to_eat/

These three links helped me a lot, make sure to be strict on the diet and lose a bit over 25 pounds to account for water weight. We're all gonna make it.
>>
>>37640997

I've done both ways, keto and just regular calorie counting. In terms of fat loss, they both work equally well. If you eat at a calorie deficit, you will lose weight. It literally CAN'T work any other way.

With keto, I didn't even need to track calories. I just ate and it was enough to keep my cravings in check, while staying at a deficit. (i.e. the goal of ANY diet plan.)

With regular calorie counting, I do have to track the calories and the cravings are stronger.
>>
File: sengoku-sans-the-bangs[1].jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sengoku-sans-the-bangs[1].jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
>>37641201
Everyone knows snek is worst girl
>>
>>37640997
keto keeps me feeling full a lot longer than when I eat carbs.

From what I have read it's because your body produces a hormone called leptin that is used to regulate hunger, however leptin is suppressed by insulin, so whenever you eat carbs and spike your insulin levels you are also supressing your leptin levels, these leads to a cycle where your insulin spikes, the insulin supresses the leptin and you get hungry again, eat more carbs and then the insulin spilkes again, etc. Fat also takes longer for your body to break down than carbs do.
>>
>>37641246
>We're all gonna make it.
Hell yeah we are, thanks brah.

>>37641278
So in your experience, it's simply easier to keto than a normal deficit? Since calorie counting doesn't play a real factor.
>>
>>37641334
What's the longest you've stayed on keto? I imagine at some point relatively soon your body needs that insulin cycle again.
>>
>>37641501
the body doesn't need insulin or any carbs really, there are no vitamins or minerals that are only in carbs. If you think about it carbs only really became a thing when man invented agriculture, so it's not like we have even had time to evolve a way to decently process them.
>>
File: 1463709539252.gif (2 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1463709539252.gif
2 MB, 300x300
>>37641501
I'm not >>37641334, but I did it for 3-4 months, took a 2 week break and I'm just starting it again now. The hardest part of keto is the social aspect, you're no longer able to just go out and eat what everyone else is eating. Pizza, etc become things of the past
>>
>>37641598

I actually made some keto pizza last week, it turned out ok,

http://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/lchf-pizza

The only thing I changed in the recipe was to use pizza sauce instead of tomato paste.
>>
>>37641598
That gif is perfect.

But 3-4 months? How much weight did you lose?
>>
>>37641356

For many people, yes, simply eating a keto diet is enough to feel "full" and thus not tempted to cheat, without going through the actual exercise of counting calories.

That's not to say that calories are irrelevant, or that it's not possible to eat at a caloric surplus on keto. It is. It's just a lot harder to do unintentionally without added sugar.
>>
>>37642006
Im not >>37641598 but i lost 20 kg from August to november last year so depending on how much you eat a day you will lose more or less weight per month
>>
I lost 15 lbs in the last 30 days doing strict keto (under 20g of carbs per day)
>>
>>37642874
>>37642893
That's very interesting that both of you lost roughly 15lbs per month. Did you have to deal with loose skin from the weight loss?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.