[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you realize Arnold was weak as fuck compared to today's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
>tfw you realize Arnold was weak as fuck compared to today's bodybuilders
>>
Yeah but it wasnt about strength? It was about creating an aesthetic physique which has been completely lost in todays world
>>
>>37637927
Arnold was perfection, he was not human. He was litrelly a Greek god and cheated life.
>>
I wouldn't choose to be as strong as today's BBers if I had to look like them, roid guts and palumboism and all.
>>
he's also still alive, most of today's bodybuilders will probably not pass their mid 50s
>>
>>37637927

he was smaller as well. hmm... there's a correlation between strength and size? who would've thought
>>
>>37637943

why would you wanna look like a fucking mutant with HGH gut and rich panini facial swelling
>>
>>37637990
Today's fitness bodybuilders are the size of Arnold's generation (Nubret, Zane, Oliva, etc) or bigger. He was really small by modern standards.

Basically, if you don't have Nubret's stats (6', 220), you can't even make it on youtube. That's how fucked up we are as a society.
>>
Arnold had the perfect proportions though. I would rather look like Arnold, than a ninja turtle that can't even see his own dick i.e. Cutler, Coleman, Etc.
>>
>>37637990

No I'm just saying he's both smaller and weaker than todays bodybuilders. Training for strength equals size and training for size equals strength.
>>
File: 1401937215465.jpg (24 KB, 189x165) Image search: [Google]
1401937215465.jpg
24 KB, 189x165
I don't know why people like Arnold's physique, he just looks weird, and is nothing close to 'perfect'. I mean he's an insanely successful and awesome guy, but his physique even at his peak wasn't really impressive in any sense, maybe his chest was great but that's it.
Sadly you can't really say anything about Arnold this days without a bunch of retards hating on you
>what? no! arnold was perfect you are just a dyel ! :(((
>>
Yeah, but they can't do the vacuum pose like the classics could, take Frank Zane for example
>>
File: 1463723207905.png (231 KB, 277x370) Image search: [Google]
1463723207905.png
231 KB, 277x370
>>37639151
>>
File: aahhnold.jpg (45 KB, 729x423) Image search: [Google]
aahhnold.jpg
45 KB, 729x423
>>37639151
Eh I don't really see an issue with it.
The knowledge of muscles, workouts, etc back then obviously wasn't as widely known as it is today, as well as different steroids and shit we have available now. However dude did the best he could with what he had, I'd be pretty happy to get my body to that point.
>>
File: 1464103471093.jpg (88 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1464103471093.jpg
88 KB, 612x612
>>37639151
>>
>>37639151
His proportions were excellent.

Now they're 300lbs 8% bodyfat but they just look like slabs of meat, not aesthetic at all
>>
>>37639411
That fucking chest
How
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.