[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do fat people try so hard to justify being fat?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9
File: Okay_to_be_fat!.jpg (128 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Okay_to_be_fat!.jpg
128 KB, 500x375
Why do fat people try so hard to justify being fat?
>>
>>37633625
When you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=OOgd9hitEAE
>>
because insecure pricks like you try to make them feel like shit when nobody honestly deserves to feel like shit?

well maybe people like trump
>>
File: 1458090838652.jpg (252 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1458090838652.jpg
252 KB, 1000x750
Fat kids/teens are constantly bullied in school for being overweight, even more so if they're whale status.

I think in the past, you know 90s and such, people would use that piss poor experience to light the fire that would take the from fatass to normal weight.

But now there's the internet, so when these teenagers before would start jogging in the morning before school, now you google 'Being fat' you get such conflicting feel-good articles that say it's not the INDIVIDUAL'S FAULT that they're out-of-shape, but community and bullies fault or what have you.

And that just snowballs, they start getting more involved with the 'feel good, body positive' movement that gives them great comfort and makes them feel like they're fighting for a noble cause, instead of just putting in the work (which requires much more effort) to lose the weight.
>>
File: 1453312746385.jpg (2 MB, 1324x1101) Image search: [Google]
1453312746385.jpg
2 MB, 1324x1101
>>37633919
??????

if you're in a state of self-love and content with your current circumstances, how will you find the motivation to develop the discipline to make a drastic change such as losing 50lbs and changing a diet that you've held for 10-15 years
>>
>>37633893

dude wtf my response to this was deleted or some shit

anyway, i think that psychology just matured enough to realize that positive change is best motivated within a state of self-love rather than self-hate, the latter of which often leads to eating disorders and/or a poor quality of life even if the weight is lost

also, adults who became fit in a state of self-hatred often end up projecting that hatred onto their kids and cause THEM to develop eating disorders.
>>
>>37633893
And you have people spewing nonsense about thin privilege when it's the privilege of abundant food and no need to work hard that allows someone to get that fat in the first place. It's disgusting
>>
>>37633941

it might not happen immediately, but i do believe that a person in a state of self-love will eventually (and it may take years, really depends on the person) to realize that they want to be healthier/more fit because they deserve to be, because they already found self-love. this way, the change is ACTUALLY positive, rather than a knee-jerk reaction to abuse.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 320x183) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 320x183
>>37633824
>people should not feel bad when they make bad decisions
>what is Pavlovian Response
>>
File: 9066088.jpg (119 KB, 495x615) Image search: [Google]
9066088.jpg
119 KB, 495x615
Blame the parents (or probably parent)

No regulations on what a kid eats, no proper lessons on moderation and self-control and worst of all, teaching them to blame society of their problems instead of them for being such fuckups.
>>
>>37633983

additionally

there are WAY worse things to be than fat. if a person ends up just wanting to stay overweight, shit, that's fine. what i don't understand is the hatred people harbor toward them. like, seriously just work on yourself and let people do whatever they want to do. unless we're talking about people shooting up schools or raping people or some shit. those are the kind of people that deserve the vitriol and anger that has the potential to lead to revolution.
>>
>>37634038
What a terrible fridge.

Bottled water? Are those individual salsa cups? Stop buying individual Greek yogurt and get a whole tub of the shit. And apples are noob tier fruit, step it up son.
>>
>>37634038

bro i was a fat kid because my dad flew into rages about how i ate so i just ate more to stifle the feelings of shame and eventually went anorexic and bulimic

micromanaging your children does. not. work.

also my dad was fat. he was pretty much just projecting.
>>
>>37634083

forgot to mention that it wasn't just a rage thing, he pretty much tried to control everything i ate. no blaming society, all blame on me.

a parent should a.) set an example for the kid by being OK with themselves and eating the way they want their kid to eat an b.) actually trust their kids more.
>>
File: 1459018002309.png (782 KB, 1023x709) Image search: [Google]
1459018002309.png
782 KB, 1023x709
>>37634083
when did I imply:
>raging at kids
>micromanagement of kids
>sending confusing messages because you, the parent, are also unhealthy

Regulations is simply not copping out when the kid is young and feeding them feel-good shit such as a toaster stroodle or microwavable breakfast... preparing them a lunch of school so they don't have to rely on the shitty food provided, ect.

Good values, sound sense, being a leader by example and not a faggot... simple things man
>>
>>37634119
>Regulations is simply not copping out when the kid is young and feeding them feel-good shit such as a toaster stroodle or microwavable breakfast..

hm, regulations as i grew up with them are the only kind of regulations i've ever known.

>Good values, sound sense, being a leader by example and not a faggot... simple things man

to me, these aren't "regulations." just being a sane person. aside from not "not a faggot thing." come on man, ditch that word already. i'm assuming you don't mean faggot as in gay but if you do then you have some issues yourself, my man.
>>
>>37634038
>putting your fruit in the fridge
>>
>>37634158
>>37634083
m8 your parents were shit, and now you're a shitty person

see how that works
>>
File: 1465126756256-0.jpg (16 KB, 313x343) Image search: [Google]
1465126756256-0.jpg
16 KB, 313x343
are you beach body ready
>>
>>37634038
Do you mean legal regulations or the parent setting rules for what the child can eat? I don't think legal regulations would be the way to solve obesity.

It seems like the parent teaching the kid to choose healthier options from early on and setting an example by eating healthier food themselves might work a little better, idk. Then again when I was a kid I always would go to my grandma's house down the street to eat cookies and pie and shit like that that she'd buy to get her grandchildren to come over.

Maybe the problem is kids exercising less today? I wonder if there's any data on that. I was active as FUCK as a kid even if I didn't always eat the best and it seemed to have treated me okay. My parents also weren't buying me fucking McDonald's every day though.
>>
>>37633754

What's with American'ts and the red cups?
>>
>>37634039
It's okay so long as they don't enter lying territory.

The fact that so many of them are into excuses for being fat is the reason why a LOT of fat people just don't get the information they need to stop being miserable and fat. Between the misinformation spread around by the HAES crowd and the misinformation spread around by companies trying to profit on weakwilled fat females who don't actually want to put effort in, fat people have no idea where to begin.

And that's even ignoring how the whole health care system is going to collapse under the weight of all those fat idiots, who are now over 70% of the population. And then there's the extra costs incurred by companies which have to provide services for these fats, and then there's the loss incurred from them being too fat to perform at work, if they're not even too fat to work at all, etc...

You also have to realize that being fat FUCKING SUCKS. They say it themselves: no one willingly chooses to be fat. They're just too weakwilled to EAT LESS, so they get into that whole crabs in a bucket mentality and try to drag the world down with them... and they're succeeding!

We're fucked if we don't stop this train soon.
>>
File: 1465919354006.png (203 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1465919354006.png
203 KB, 576x432
Because alot of people think "hard" means "impossible". Im my experience its mostly women, i dunno why but alot of them want to look good without putting the effort. They want the goal without going through the path the destination without the journey if you will, i think its this culture of instant gratification "I'd get liposuction if i had the money" has been a very common thing I've heard on a monthly basis. Along with "wow anon you look really good, i dunno how you do it" i commit, i like to run and lift, you have to atleast like or want something bad enough to do it, your feelings to feel good should outweight being lazy. Sadly that pendulum has shifted to feeling good being lazy for many.

I think the myth of being big boned has died out because you don't hear that boogie man too often so people accept being fat rather than do something about it, but like dating and science/medicine if you don't change the formula you'll just get the same result over and over.

TL;DR - People are lazy and wide pride is a poison that kills a society.
>>
>>37636330
your right but allot of it has to do witht hat fact that they dont know what they are consuming

oh i've eaten well today ill have a bottle of baileys
full cream liquor.
>>
>>37633963
i rotuinely get stopped in the street, probably 20 times a day from people telling me i look good, how do i train, what do i eat. i actually dont think i look good at all, but other people do.

when i look in the mirror and see flaws i think, sitting around playing xbox isnt going to do anything about it, but training will
>>
>>37634038
spotted the vegan. my fridge is full of beef, chicken, salmon.
>>
>>37634303
0/10
>>
>>37636379
That's true alot of people fell like eating a big bowl of Ben and GENETICS ice cream to reward themselves isnt gonna do any harm or cutting out soda but replacing it with Purple Drink (it doesnt even say juice anywhere in the bottle) is a healthy choice, other times its fat parents giving fatty more fat in his fat mouth and fatty just sees fat as an every day thing because fatty was shot on arrival
>>
>>37636413
yogurt is made from milk.
>>
>>37633625
because they're fat
d'uh
>>
>>37633824
>nobody honestly deserves to feel like shit?
False

If you're 600lbs, not working, living on welfare and being a strain on public healthcare paid for by the taxes paid by capable people who are able to work you should feel like shit
>>
File: 1466361825713.jpg (122 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1466361825713.jpg
122 KB, 640x960
>>37636126
I agree with a lot of this. Personally I'm a live and let live kinda person, but you're right about the healthcare thing and people in general just not being as productive, which is probably not good for any society.
Like the saying goes, it's hard to be in shape, but it's even harder to be fat.
Ever since I started losing weight I feel much better overall and desu all the mirins and compliments I've gotten have really boosted my self esteem.
So in the end, I don't care what people do, if you want to be fat, fine. Less competition for me. But don't sit here and complain about it or act like healthy and fit people are the devil just because they have some motivation to wanna better themselves.
Fuck all this safe space shit. I actually do kinda secretly think less of really overweight people though.
>>
http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/589/tell-me-im-fat

This American Life did a really interesting podcast on this recently. I found myself empathising with peoples circumstances a lot more than I'm use to also seeing that my disgust with fat is probably a better reflection on myself than fat people though.

However I didn't really like the conceding attitude of some of the guests. I think they're honesty is admirable but they should also see the biomedical advantages of losing their weight.
>>
>>37633824
you do know making fun of fat people is frowned upon IRL and you can only get away with that shit in high school, primary school or with your friends. you can only get away with that on the internet

most fat people hate themselves because they're invisible not because they're being made fun
>>
>>37633983
>>37634039
T. an actual fatass
Only lardies could turn a devastating public health issue into protecting the fee fees.

Its not going "to happen eventually". A person eating a dozen hamburgers for lunch is not going to stop as a result of "I'm beautiful! Big is the new thin'"
>>
>>37634163
>not eating crisp, chilled apples and cold orange slices
>>
>>37633625
In their mind they are stuck with something so they try and convince everyone including themselves that they want to be like that and it's the best thing ever. Like why people argue about circumcision.
>>
>>37637553
That radio cast ruined my drive to my dad's house for fathers day.

It was basically "well, obesity is unhealthy, but that doesn't mean we should discourage obesity!"
>>
>>37634163
I do that too during summer
>>
>>37637553
Thanks for the link. I too found it interesting. Also, I entirely agree with your take on it.

Too bad your average fattie doesn't know that eating at a slight deficit is all it takes to lose weight - and that losing weight is going to be a slow process so they shouldn't be giving up if they don't see results instantly.
>>
>>37634038
>individual packets of everything

What are you five? Kill yourself you stupid wasteful faggot
>>
>>37633625
Because it's easier than getting fit.
>>
>>37636405
>20 times a day
Cool story bro
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.